Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Cool!!! I hope mine includes the little ship!!! Been looking forward to this for a long time! 

The guy is sending me 1 spare ship because a little piece on the bottom is broken and missing on one of mine.  If you want it let me know.

Got cell shaded Spidey. Love the concept and overall, it’s a good looking figure. 

EA669688-971E-4F79-AE9E-0BEEF1AE41AD.thumb.jpeg.2e7fb0cae088d63f35170e207eab83db.jpeg

But the magnets don’t hold for crap. I had to use the door handle to keep it from sliding down and the magnet in the hand is so loose it just slides right out so it is nearly useless. 

AD311721-4F30-46F4-B6C0-DF8701708FAF.thumb.jpeg.b82724661e4e9026a52798dd8734701f.jpeg

It may be hard to see in the pic but both heads have nearly identical bird turd marks in the same spot. Maybe it was on purpose for the effect but it just looks like bubbling paint defect or bird turd in person. 

5FC9EAC1-BA75-4D42-90FA-16B6B8680966.thumb.jpeg.16ec0198115fb42a6ba482ebbe76cd0a.jpeg

Also hard to tell from the pic but joints are shiny while rest of the figure has a matte and sort of dry jizz looking coat over it. 

1F8832BD-1944-45AB-A948-283455085A60.thumb.jpeg.df8b3d70cc8e9916815dbebe938a7a37.jpeg

I also got this guy and it makes a Happy Meal Toy seem like premium collector’s quality but at least it looks the part...other than it has an opposite shiny wet appearance. 

So yeah, I like the look but this figure doesn’t feel as good as the regular Spidey release and it gives me that typical Mafex ick as a product.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

With a heads up from @borgified (Stealth) and I can't remember who gave me the heads up on the 51 (sorry:sorry:) I got my hands on these two rare birds that I wanted very much. Thanks guys!!!

SV-51CF and Stealth.jpg

Nice!!! B))

Is that the SV-51A from Mandarake? 

58 minutes ago, sqidd said:

With a heads up from @borgified (Stealth) and I can't remember who gave me the heads up on the 51 (sorry:sorry:) I got my hands on these two rare birds that I wanted very much. Thanks guys!!!

SV-51CF and Stealth.jpg

Very nice! I was very close to pulling the trigger on that stealth myself when it popped up, but glad to see it's found a good home. :good:

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

I was your Enabler for that one. :lol: 

You dirty rat!!!!:rofl:

Thanks again. That heads up was much appreciated.

I found a set of S&S parts on feeBay for the Stealth Strike Parts. The guy had a bid on it already. I messaged him asking if he had a BIN and to name his price. He said because there was a bit he wanted to let it run out. I'll bet I get it for less than he could have gotten out of me.;)

Speaking of fleabay, I WOULD be posting about my new figure here, but the god d@%# f#*%^@&... excuse me... postal carrier - whom we've seen first hand be utterly lazy in delivering mail - decided he didn't need to deliver my package with all that furren' language on it.  Which btw got all the way to his GD truck without flagging or issue, and got all the way through customs without issue.  And then it was marked return to sender after he finished his shift.  And this morning it was marked "disposed of by postal service" whereupon I promptly risked being late for work this morning to ask wtf was going on and if they had my package back in the bin.  But no, they had already disposed of it apparently.  WTF HAPPENED TO THE POST OFFICE KEEPING PACKAGES AND MAKING SURE THEY GET DELIVERED NO MATTER WHAT?!  HOW DO THEY NOT KEEP PACKAGES IN CASE THE OWNER COMES LOOKING FOR IT?!  No, they toss in in the garbage IMMEDIATELY?!!!

And I basically got a shrug at the post office.  "Sorry, it probably didn't have a clear address."  Followed by a lecture on proper address labeling.  Go F yrself.  I've gotten other packages from the same seller without issue from other carriers, and it is well packaged and labeled.  I think he kept it.

:angry::fool: These emoticons are woefully inadequate to express my anger and frustration, but that's probably a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Speaking of fleabay, I WOULD be posting about my new figure here, but the god d@%# f#*%^@&... excuse me... postal carrier - whom we've seen first hand be utterly lazy in delivering mail - decided he didn't need to deliver my package with all that furren' language on it.  Which btw got all the way to his GD truck without flagging or issue, and got all the way through customs without issue.  And then it was marked return to sender after he finished his shift.  And this morning it was marked "disposed of by postal service" whereupon I promptly risked being late for work this morning to ask wtf was going on and if they had my package back in the bin.  But no, they had already disposed of it apparently.  WTF HAPPENED TO THE POST OFFICE KEEPING PACKAGES AND MAKING SURE THEY GET DELIVERED NO MATTER WHAT?!  HOW DO THEY NOT KEEP PACKAGES IN CASE THE OWNER COMES LOOKING FOR IT?!  No, they toss in in the garbage IMMEDIATELY?!!!

And I basically got a shrug at the post office.  "Sorry, it probably didn't have a clear address."  Followed by a lecture on proper address labeling.  Go F yrself.  I've gotten other packages from the same seller without issue from other carriers, and it is well packaged and labeled.  I think he kept it.

:angry::fool: These emoticons are woefully inadequate to express my anger and frustration, but that's probably a good thing.

The PO is the WORST!

I have had them lie straight to my face on multiple occasions.

"We tried to deliver it, no one was there"

"Well, let's check the video. Please point out when a Postal worker stepped on the porch. I'll wait".

14 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Wow, makes me appreciate my local post office (which is 1 star on google, because it's not a retail location).

Went in because they scanned my package as delivery attempted, but I never got a door tag.

Talked with them a bit, told them the rough size of the box, turns out the label had fallen off entirely and it was sitting in a bin unmarked. Managed to pick it up anyway, as the worker wasn't busy and was willing to help me out.

Definitely grateful, as that was a $200 model kit off of Mandarake.

I actually love the USPS over all other options, and have great respect for the grueling work they do (at least the ones that have to walk to each house front door like they do in my hood).  And thus, I have no problem with occasional issues that require me to pick it up at the post office.  BUT WHY DIDN'T THEY KEEP IT FOR AT LEAST A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE CARELESSLY TOSSING IT?!  You have to know someone is expecting that package and WILL come looking for it.  I still think he kept it.  I'm going back there for one more try tomorrow, and then I'm going to ask to speak with a manager and/or how to report this guy.  He is constantly mis-delivering mail, throwing it where ever on my porch to blow away, dropping packages, etc..  He simply has no respect for the position and importance of a postal carrier.  Probably because they are desperate to hire people for too little money, so I don't completely blame him, but still... grrr.

The driver for my old house never bothered to get out of the truck; with one exception every package that didn't fit in the mailbox we had to pick up the next day.

That one exception was when I had a day off and was in the driveway when he stopped; I walked up and was handed a stack of mail with an already filled out delivery attempt slip. His response when I asked for the package was "Oh. Yeah, I guess."

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

You dirty rat!!!!:rofl:

Thanks again. That heads up was much appreciated.

I found a set of S&S parts on feeBay for the Stealth Strike Parts. The guy had a bid on it already. I messaged him asking if he had a BIN and to name his price. He said because there was a bit he wanted to let it run out. I'll bet I get it for less than he could have gotten out of me.;)

:lol::D

Good hunting on that Stealth SSP set. I saw it the other day before it was bid on and the Buy It Now price was $245.00 I think, so it'll be interesting to see what it goes for in the end. B))

Just throwing my hat in the ring on the USPS vs FedEx or USP discussion here, I have a small business where I ship Domestic & Worldwide (minus a few super sketchy countries of course) and for the past 16 years I can say that USPS overall does a really good job, when they do make a mistake, 99.9% of the time in my case it has been resolved with rather efficient service.

Just a reminder that ANY business you contact and start screaming at you're bound to get rotten service in return. Being calm & cool gets you an actual solution. 

Only 3 packages Internationally have ever been lost and that's out of thousands for me. (In 16 years)

When I still lived in So Cal. and now here in KS, many a time UPS & FedEx would just jam on by  past my house and not drop off my delivery, that said the Post Office was doing that too but when I made a formal complaint USPS fixed it, the other two said call corporate and see what happens. Or worse I was told you can make the 45-50 minute drive to Kansas City and get your package there, cause we wont re-deliver it. Thankfully UPS hired a new driver and Mike is Frakking awesome, never ever makes a mistake!!

No matter what shipping company you choose $hit Happen$ and some drivers are much better than others. 

However USPS hooks you up with Free shipping boxes & packing supplies, so it's a plus for me. 

Thank you for reading my RARE rambling and as I usually never post one here. :D

45 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just a reminder that ANY business you contact and start screaming at you're bound to get rotten service in return. Being calm & cool gets you an actual solution.

I totally agree, and never scream at people that aren't at fault (or even that are).  Despite my posted aggravation, I was quite reserved and polite this morning with the person behind the counter as I see no reason to ruin their day for something they didn't do.  When I ask to speak to their manager tomorrow it will be with polite firmness without any other recourse.  But it is satisfying to get results with firm application of persistent, polite pestering.  There's been many occasions where my wife gives up, and I'm like, "NOPE!" and got results.  I'm told people are scared of me (I'm a big, bearded tall guy), and it's off putting when I unexpectedly complain politely.  It's a winning combo apparently.

1 hour ago, Jaustin89 said:

The driver for my old house never bothered to get out of the truck; with one exception every package that didn't fit in the mailbox we had to pick up the next day.

That one exception was when I had a day off and was in the driveway when he stopped; I walked up and was handed a stack of mail with an already filled out delivery attempt slip. His response when I asked for the package was "Oh. Yeah, I guess."

My regular carrier is great. She knows I have all of this stuff coming and and how rare/valuable it is. But, when she has a day off her subs are horrible. I've had to run across my court and catch them at a house across the street (stooping at my mailbox first) with the delivery attempt slip in my hand. They just shrug their shoulder and give me the "oh well". I keep reporting them. It doesn't seem to mater. It must be nice to be that horrible at your job and get to keep it. 

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

My regular carrier is great. She knows I have all of this stuff coming and and how rare/valuable it is. But, when she has a day off her subs are horrible. I've had to run across my court and catch them at a house across the street (stooping at my mailbox first) with the delivery attempt slip in my hand. They just shrug their shoulder and give me the "oh well". I keep reporting them. It doesn't seem to mater. It must be nice to be that horrible at your job and get to keep it. 

How do you report them?

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I've done that a few times with my carrier. It's part of why I sign up for text alerts.

I've had delivery exception notifications a good half an hour before he even comes by. On some level I understand because Christmas season and large condo complex, but still annoying sometimes. At least I'm able to reliably catch him at the next set of mailboxes down since he follows the same route through the complex every time.

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just throwing my hat in the ring on the USPS vs FedEx or USP discussion here, I have a small business where I ship Domestic & Worldwide (minus a few super sketchy countries of course) and for the past 16 years I can say that USPS overall does a really good job, when they do make a mistake, 99.9% of the time in my case it has been resolved with rather efficient service.

Only 3 packages Internationally have ever been lost and that's out of thousands for me. (In 16 years)

When I still lived in So Cal. and now here in KS, many a time UPS & FedEx would just jam on by  past my house and not drop off my delivery, that said the Post Office was doing that too but when I made a formal complaint USPS fixed it, the other two said call corporate and see what happens. Or worse I was told you can make the 45-50 minute drive to Kansas City and get your package there, cause we wont re-deliver it. Thankfully UPS hired a new driver and Mike is Frakking awesome, never ever makes a mistake!!

No matter what shipping company you choose $hit Happen$ and some drivers are much better than others. 

However USPS hooks you up with Free shipping boxes & packing supplies, so it's a plus for me. 

Thank you for reading my RARE rambling and as I usually never post one here. :D

I use USPS for all of my international stuff. I drive into a small Post Office near me that's so small they're closed for lunch and for the day at 3:00pm. They're fantastic down there. 10min north at the big Post Office it's a nightmare. They act like I'm bothering them.

I agree it's driver dependent. My UPS drivers (I have four that rotate though) are all really good. I go the extra mile to help the load and unload the trucks. I meet them in the driveway when I hear them coming, etc. That stuff goes a long way when something gets sketchy. My regular USPS driver is fantastic. If I'm not home when she tries to make a delivery she will swing back by a few hours later and try again. Her subs are horrible though.

5 minutes ago, Pontus said:

How do you report them?

At the bigger offices there is actually a person who's job it is to take those reports. That seems to get some action sometimes.....maybe I've tried the online portal. That's useless.

All of my carriers are women. I think I've actually gotten more mileage out of being nice, polite and complimentary than anything else.

Edited by sqidd

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I've done that a few times with my carrier. It's part of why I sign up for text alerts.

I've had delivery exception notifications a good half an hour before he even comes by. On some level I understand because Christmas season and large condo complex, but still annoying sometimes. At least I'm able to reliably catch him at the next set of mailboxes down since he follows the same route through the complex every time.

LOL, yeah. I've had that. I'm like, "That's a neat trick. I haven't seen you even drive by yet".:rofl:

The text alerts are really nice.

16 hours ago, Pontus said:

... simply has no respect for the position and importance of a postal carrier...

Except for the part about actually delivering mail, and no mention of regular parcel tampering and theft, you could be writing about our national postal service. None of these carriers bother me - but I cringe when its USPS simply because they hand over to our national postal service. A few days for the parcel to reach the country...and then months waiting for it to go from one city to another... if it miraculously isn't stolen by postal workers.

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Probably more then half of my shipments from japan aren’t even attempted to be delivered. They just put the slip in the mailbox. It doesn’t help I’m a couple hundred feet off the road. 

I'd have a camera in my mailbox. Collect evidence that they're not attempting to deliver. Then compile it all and file a complaint. That's a bunch of bull.

Since we're on the subject of USPS incompetence, I just received a parcel from HLJ. Seeing as I have not shipped anything from them since early November, I'm assuming these are my replacement SV-51 legs that USPS pulled a "return to sender" on without even attempting to deliver or leaving a slip on my door or mailbox. Had to check the status online with the tracking number HLJ provided to find out what happened to it.

Ultimetal Battle Damaged Optimus Prime.

Un-boxed this monster today. I absolutely like the battle damaged version more than the standard. And it's officially time to put some hours in on displays. "Just put that anywhere" is probably the best description of their current state.:D

Time to set up some LED's and build another Detolf.

IMG_5748.thumb.JPG.923471a0175c9094a84eb8c183fb5af2.JPGIMG_5750.jpg.c799a601e3dc5e02f22ffcdc65bd0cdb.jpg