Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

36 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I ended up getting the Comic paint version of the Mafex Spider-Man, the look is only marginally noticeable but the QC problems are front-and-center.

Also got the NOTAS Winter Soldier Steve and head sculpt.  Had to borrow the Marvel Legends Winter Soldier Shield because the one provided was not correctly colored.

3B9D3354-2A9A-467C-A1BF-2E837240BFC8.thumb.jpeg.43aa9c2239910c56bf5796c6950eb1a0.jpeg

What's wrong with the Spidey Figure?

36 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

What's wrong with the Spidey Figure?

The upper joint on the right knee was frozen and took a lot of work  to free up.  Paint got completely removed from part of it and you can see the bare plastic.  Plus the knee will no longer completely straighten out without some force and a hard click.  Also, comparing to the previous release, they provided the larger clamp that came with Venom so it's hard to pose Spidey on his stand because it's too large a clamp.  On my previous figure I could clamp firmly around his waist.  This new one has to be tucked under his armpits and even still it's precarious.

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The upper joint on the right knee was frozen and took a lot of work  to free up.  Paint got completely removed from part of it and you can see the bare plastic.  Plus the knee will no longer completely straighten out without some force and a hard click.  Also, comparing to the previous release, they provided the larger clamp that came with Venom so it's hard to pose Spidey on his stand because it's too large a clamp.  On my previous figure I could clamp firmly around his waist.  This new one has to be tucked under his armpits and even still it's precarious.

Yikes! Friggin Mafex, lol!

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yikes! Friggin Mafex, lol!

They hadn’t had that sort of problem for about four years now.  They suddenly got pretty cheap with Wolverine and this Spider-Man though.  Hopefully this isn’t a bad omen, there’s a pile of Mafex due out this year starting with Cyclops end of this month, or March, whenever with Mafex.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

They hadn’t had that sort of problem for about four years now.  They suddenly got pretty cheap with Wolverine and this Spider-Man though.  Hopefully this isn’t a bad omen, there’s a pile of Mafex due out this year starting with Cyclops end of this month, or March, whenever with Mafex.

Yeah, they seem to be getting better overall but problems with Wolverine and Spidey sucks. I have a bunch of Batmen, Spiderverse and Superman all preordered so they better get their act straight, lol!

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

So do I.  We'll see if they botch Cyclops here soon.  Wolverine was a problem from day one though, his design had a lot of flaws in many other ways, this Spider-Man could have been a run of the mill bad luck botch from a worker and the rest are fine.  The previous Spider-Man was flawless and I haven't heard bad things about the Miles Morales release or any of the recent others.  It's really just Wolverine who seems to have the problem with the arms falling off (mine doesn't do that.)  It's not panic time yet.

Up the hill to sow some seed
Nostalgia's warmth is all we need
Past dissapointments turn to steam
We're superheros, in our dreams
Throw the radio up high
Watch it drown out half the sky
Synaesthesia coloured blue
Aquaman knows what to do

1B8A00A8-55C7-4F37-9868-C8C7D31A70F1.thumb.jpeg.1ed5d359a3e8e2cdc8745b5dafdcaf35.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

40 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Up the hill to sow some seed
Nostalgia's warmth is all we need
Past dissapointments turn to steam
We're superheros, in our dreams
Throw the radio up high
Watch it drown out half the sky
Synaesthesia coloured blue
Aquaman knows what to do

1B8A00A8-55C7-4F37-9868-C8C7D31A70F1.thumb.jpeg.1ed5d359a3e8e2cdc8745b5dafdcaf35.jpeg

That looks better than expected!

I’ll definitely get more Mafex figures from the John Wick movies if they make them.  I might get a Mafex Robocop.  If The Matrix figures were made then I’d buy them.  I have a comic Spider-Man and have on preorder Michael Jordan, Into the Spider-Verse Miles Morales, Peter B. Parker, and Hush Batman.  I’ll get more Into the Spider-Verse figures and that’s about it.

17 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

That’s an interesting tail design on the E-2D. Wonder if it’s JASDF’s or VAW-125 is playing around with a new scheme. 

Looking forward to more releases of larger aircraft.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Looking forward to more releases of larger aircraft.

Managed to nab one of those from CDJapan on release day, I'm personally really hoping we get a few more older fighters from the 50s-70s, like the Century Series, maybe a Vigilante, Crusader, Panther, Cougar.. I could go on for days. :lol: 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I’d definitely buy a 1/100 B-2 Bomber if they could release one.

As much as I'd love one of those I doubt anyone's going to make one larger than 1/200; even at 1/100 it'd have a 20 inch wingspan.

Granted I can't say too much about unrealistic hopes when I'm waiting for someone to make a diecast B-1B at 1/72 to match the rest of my collection.

That, a 1/72 Saturn V, and a diecast 1/72 shuttle (without having to drop >$2K on that limited edition Chogokin one) would be my dream centerpieces.

Edited by Jaustin89

9 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

As much as I'd love one of those I doubt anyone's going to make one larger than 1/200; even at 1/100 it'd have a 20 inch wingspan.

Granted I can't say too much about unrealistic hopes when I'm waiting for someone to make a diecast B-1B at 1/72 to match the rest of my collection.

That, a 1/72 Saturn V, and a diecast 1/72 shuttle (without having to drop >$2K on that limited edition Chogokin one) would be my dream centerpieces.

A big Saturn V would be really cool.

28 minutes ago, sqidd said:

A big Saturn V would be really cool.

https://www.magellanmodels.com/nasa-saturn-v-rocket-large-scale/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_p7P86Xw5gIVjP7jBx1Pbw6eEAQYBCABEgIszfD_BwE

Magellan's got one at 1/100 coming out soon but I can't justify $500 on it when I don't have the space to display a third 3-4 ft long rocket model (I've got their 1/100 Atlas IV and the lego Saturn V is ~1/110).

On 1/5/2020 at 6:25 AM, CHAVAKAISER said:

B3 yukikaze 1/72:yahoo:

Screenshot_20200105-082405_Gallery.jpg

71612775.jpg

Ooohhhh! I really wanted for these birds to transform. Love the design. :wub:

Would be nice when Arcadia’s done with their ‘reissues‘ they could get the rights for these and do some 1/60 scale of it. Arcadia’s good with fighter planes. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Jaustin89 said:

https://www.magellanmodels.com/nasa-saturn-v-rocket-large-scale/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_p7P86Xw5gIVjP7jBx1Pbw6eEAQYBCABEgIszfD_BwE

Magellan's got one at 1/100 coming out soon but I can't justify $500 on it when I don't have the space to display a third 3-4 ft long rocket model (I've got their 1/100 Atlas IV and the lego Saturn V is ~1/110).

Oh mam, That's super cool!

I always wanted a Glaug, and now I have one!  Too bad the legs are so loose that I have to stretch out the arms to balance it on its own feet.  Or, I can pose it like it's on a work break lol.  Damn you Matchbox/HG!

glaug.jpg

glaug 2.jpg

Edited by myk