Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

The haul before Christmas, what perfect timing. I'd been eyeballing the Chogokin Godmars rerelease for awhile, finally decided to pull the trigger. I know Vehicle Voltron is all the rage right now, but I never had one or watched beyond the original Voltron series. Godmars? I watched and had a Godmars, and this thing looks beautiful.

IMG_20191223_175808405.thumb.jpg.79be6bbc13eeb7bdc97c4ade88d7783a.jpg

IMG_20191223_175732686.thumb.jpg.767c110bf7b818a02ba9343434c2cdcb.jpg

12 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

The haul before Christmas, what perfect timing. I'd been eyeballing the Chogokin Godmars rerelease for awhile, finally decided to pull the trigger. I know Vehicle Voltron is all the rage right now, but I never had one or watched beyond the original Voltron series. Godmars? I watched and had a Godmars, and this thing looks beautiful.

IMG_20191223_175808405.thumb.jpg.79be6bbc13eeb7bdc97c4ade88d7783a.jpg

IMG_20191223_175732686.thumb.jpg.767c110bf7b818a02ba9343434c2cdcb.jpg

I prefer the Godmars too.

I was pleasantly surprised by an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J 35th Anniversary edition toy! I’m very excited to sticker it up, although my wife and kids prefer the base paint scheme. Very excited and surprised!

Twich

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Oh damn you! That looks sexy. I have a very small car collection. This may have to be added. Who makes that?

I believe that is the Autoart DeLorean?

Edit: I mistaken it for the Hot Toys version.

My Boxing Day Haul for today for those who are in Canada that has this madness.

DSC01700.jpg

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Oh damn you! That looks sexy. I have a very small car collection. This may have to be added. Who makes that?

18 minutes ago, borgified said:

I believe that is the Autoart DeLorean?

Edit: I mistaken it for the Hot Toys version.

My Boxing Day Haul for today for those who are in Canada that has this madness.

Hot Toys is 1/6, I think it's either the SunStar or Hot Wheels Elite.

I stumbled on my old Matchbox/HG VF1 in my storage unit and felt compelled to bring it home.  I just bought a booster unit, GU11, racks and missiles for it; although I'm having a friend of mine 3D print extra tips for the missiles since I'm missing a few.  I don't have a correct pilot because I refuse to pay what those Matchbox figures go for (especially a Roy Fokker one), so one of my WWII pilots is filling in for now lol.  Maybe I'm going nuts in my old age, but thirty four years later I'm suddenly enjoying this fugly thing lol...

vf1.jpg

vf1a.jpg

vf1b.jpg

I'm so out of touch with the toy world that I didn't even know that Toynami had their own figures.  I'll look into that.

Edit: looks like there are some new figures in the near future but they measure in at 4.25"; don't know if that would fit into the cockpit, as the WWII pilot in there now barely measures up to 4" and even he's a tight fit.  I see some older Toynami figures going for pretty high prices to me.  By now I would've figured all of the Robotech toys would be sold for mere pennies, but I guess I'm not the only one on a nostalgia trip...

Edited by myk