Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

007B6D9C-AE35-4D1D-9D04-41C21B0B06A8.thumb.jpeg.c334a9575a7bb8ceaf5cd3b9fef5b7e4.jpeg

1/18 Milia and Max Lamborghini Centenarios.

Wow @sh9000, you have a massive car collection. I think @tekering, @Slave IV, and @spanner does too. Fantastic! Oh man the metallic blue is so nice!

I only have an Old Merc, a few Subarus, and a Batmobile, lol.

Edited by vlenhoff

14 hours ago, Grey728 said:

So. Uh. I think I might have an addiction problem here... Recent additions in the past couple of months.

BAB473BB-F91D-4536-9DBF-E8DA7576457E.jpeg

What a beast! :good:

15 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Finally Scored my last 25.  Such a sweet looking bird!

68AAE6A6-2EF6-4B9C-A6DB-B6A1598166FC.jpeg

Nice!  The YF-25 is the only 25 I've got.  I gotta look for a set of those super parts =)

17 hours ago, derex3592 said:

YEEES!!!! B))

:)

11 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Wow @sh9000, you have a massive car collection. I think @tekering, @Slave IV, and @spanner does too. Fantastic! Oh man the metallic blue is so nice!

I only have an Old Merc, a few Subarus, and a Batmobile, lol.

Yeah.  I have a lot of cars and toys in general.  That’s a nice set of cars you have there.

581974B7-227F-4BD3-98F7-DAF264AA8D05.thumb.jpeg.bd2944edf8593c4f12697e71b3a3b644.jpeg

Got 2 Hot Wheels Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbos.

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

:)

Yeah.  I have a lot of cars and toys in general.  That’s a nice set of cars you have there.

581974B7-227F-4BD3-98F7-DAF264AA8D05.thumb.jpeg.bd2944edf8593c4f12697e71b3a3b644.jpeg

Got 2 Hot Wheels Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbos.

The 300ZX is one of my all time favorites. Sometimes i fantasize about getting one of these in real life. 

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

The 300ZX is one of my all time favorites. Sometimes i fantasize about getting one of these in real life. 

Yes, for sure. This, the Supra and 90's RX7.....with an LS swap.:D

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

My friend and I were really into Z's back in high school. I bought his 280Z from him when he got a 300ZX from the 80s. Then he sold that and got a white 300ZX from the 90s that looked just like that. Then he rammed that into the back of a pick up truck, and no more Z's for him (he was fine, but his parents wouldn't let him buy another one).

Sometimes I think about getting one of the new 370Zs, but they don't seem all that great tbh.

8 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I had a little 96 eclipse gs-t. Fun little car but kicked myself for not getting awd.  And my 2002 Camaro ss with the ls1 was a fun car until a tree ran into me. 

Lol, those trees were fast! Haha, I had a FWD Talon. I’d say the overall car quality was garbage but still fun. The AWD versions were seriously the fastest cars in the streets at the time (modded versions) There was one in our neighborhood that would lay waste to everything it came across.

1 hour ago, ErikElvis said:

I had a little 96 eclipse gs-t. Fun little car but kicked myself for not getting awd.  And my 2002 Camaro ss with the ls1 was a fun car until a tree ran into me. 

The tree thing sounds like one of those old funny insurance claims:

" The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him. "

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Yes, for sure. This, the Supra and 90's RX7.....with an LS swap.:D

Oh yeah.

4 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

My friend and I were really into Z's back in high school. I bought his 280Z from him when he got a 300ZX from the 80s. Then he sold that and got a white 300ZX from the 90s that looked just like that. Then he rammed that into the back of a pick up truck, and no more Z's for him (he was fine, but his parents wouldn't let him buy another one).

Sometimes I think about getting one of the new 370Zs, but they don't seem all that great tbh.

that sucks :ohmy: Yeah, almost sold my car to get a 370z, but idk. Maybe it is the design or something. i mean , it is not ugly , but meh. With that said i do still like them. I do think the styling on the 300zx was superior. Also the 350z was not bad.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

My favorite from that era were the Supras and RX7s. But I also love the Eclipse/Talon/Laser. Those little things with AWD were wicked! I would say the Subaru 22B but for some reason, I put that in an entirely different category. 

The 22B is my >unicorn.jpg.cf0021a54d051edff02bb71221a214d7.jpg

5 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Oh yeah.

that sucks :ohmy: Yeah, almost sold my car to get a 370z, but idk. Maybe it is the design or something. i mean , it is not ugly , but meh. With that said i do still like them. I do think the styling on the 300zx was superior. Also the 350z was not bad.

The 22B is my >unicorn.jpg.cf0021a54d051edff02bb71221a214d7.jpg

Yeah, I'd love a 22B but I'm kinda over it with my current Stable (B5 S4 w/ RS4 widebody conversion and MKV R32). My all-time dream car would be a 959 but I'd "settle" for a Singer.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

:D More like, "I wish!":lol:

I just can't justify the money it takes for trick cars anymore. Kinda bums me out. I want to want that stuff. But I'm just not turned on enough to make a purchase like that.

A lot of it stems from cars like that being 98% useless on the street. And doing track days is whole ball of wax. Now you're talking about a truck/trailer a minimum of $1500/day and whatever maintenance the car requires. Plus all of the travel time. If I had FU money sure. But I don't. At best I have "can you please leave me alone" money.:p

I just canceled my order for a 2020 GT500 Track Pack last week. I want the car. I have no idea what I would actually do with it though. Man I hate getting older and mature (ish).:cray:

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just can't justify the money it takes for trick cars anymore. Kinda bums me out. I want to want that stuff. But I'm just not turned on enough to make a purchase like that.

A lot of it stems from cars like that being 98% useless on the street. And doing track days is whole ball of wax. Now you're talking about a truck/trailer a minimum of $1500/day and whatever maintenance the car requires. Plus all of the travel time. If I had FU money sure. But I don't. At best I have "can you please leave me alone" money.:p

I just canceled my order for a 2020 GT500 Track Pack last week. I want the car. I have no idea what I would actually do with it though. Man I hate getting older and mature (ish).:cray:

Haha, yeah I'm going through the same thing right now. Just talked to my mechanic/friend about some choices I need to make on my cars and he even told me this is a different time and I have different priorities these days. Still, there is no way I am giving up my S4 and when I make purchase choices, I make them for life. They are all part of my "collection". Yeah, I have mental issues but I'm a collector (hoarder). As for the Singer...the thing is pure art. I could just hang any piece of it on a wall and get my money's worth of pleasure from it. But...I don't have that kind of money, lol!:p

singerwilliams-engine_d_assembly_2048px-

:wub:

Edited by Slave IV