Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

10 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Movie Realization First Order Storm Trooper, Figuarts Boba Fett, Figuarts PS4 Spider-Man.  I was excited about spidey after how great the FFH one was but the shoulder design here is limited and terrible.

27E88F0F-355B-47FB-90B4-46FD0E57EDA3.thumb.jpeg.4d99cb4ef962f10ac4bd87ed8075f251.jpeg

Nice! I can’t wait to get Boba!

i saw there were some reviews and other posters who had Spideys with locked shoulder joints. Mine don’t. 

B7FF41E3-2863-40E5-A379-1201E3F8A718.thumb.jpeg.6620a7288b2fcb01a59751ae41b81e41.jpeg

People who have the issue were able to loosen theirs by heating it up. 

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I can’t wait to get Boba!

i saw there were some reviews and other posters who had Spideys with locked shoulder joints. Mine don’t. 

B7FF41E3-2863-40E5-A379-1201E3F8A718.thumb.jpeg.6620a7288b2fcb01a59751ae41b81e41.jpeg

People who have the issue were able to loosen theirs by heating it up. 

I don’t have locked joints.  The up-down clearance is terrible.

53 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah.  Everything that scales well together is.

I was referring to how their both fighters and SO much different in size. In WWII they were putting "kids" in fighters and sending them over a zillion at time. Meanwhile in more modern times you need to be a genius, disciplined AND a little bit crazy or they won't let you near one.

This is the first HMR I have transformed or really fiddled with. I took a VF-4 out of the box, put it on a stand, and stuck it in the cabinet before this one. But I didn't fiddle with it. I'll be honest. When I first started to mess with it I was thinking even at $125 I over-paid. By the time I was done I didn't think that anymore. Pretty cool little toy.

VF-1S HMR.jpg

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

This is the first HMR I have transformed or really fiddled with. I took a VF-4 out of the box, put it on a stand, and stuck it in the cabinet before this one. But I didn't fiddle with it. I'll be honest. When I first started to mess with it I was thinking even at $125 I over-paid. By the time I was done I didn't think that anymore. Pretty cool little toy.

VF-1S HMR.jpg

For the size & scale of these, there pretty damn cool. 

What I love about the HMR Liner is the possibilities of what can be made, Bandai already pulled off the 2SS & VF-4, so I say bring on Mac Plus & Mac Zero!! 

21 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

For the size & scale of these, there pretty damn cool. 

What I love about the HMR Liner is the possibilities of what can be made, Bandai already pulled off the 2SS & VF-4, so I say bring on Mac Plus & Mac Zero!! 

Yeah, these guys are growing on me. They sure don't take up much space! I can absolutely see how people can get sucked into have a zillion of these!

And yes, there are some Valks I got in HMR that I probably wouldn't have in a larger scale. Like the 2SS. That is in part because the 1/60 isn't exactly nice.

I would absolutely buy Plus and Zero HMR's. I wish I was around when the Destroids were released. And that they did a Tomahawk (I think that's right). I'd like to have a ton of them around the Monster. But I'm not dropping $1000 on Destroids especially if they're not fully represented.

Just broke this guy out. I need to get the 1/60 and 1/48 out too. But I'm getting hungry.

I fixed the angle of his head after I saw the pic on my monitor.:D

HMR GBP.jpg

Edited by sqidd

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Dang, that Predator is just the freakin business @sqidd!  Nice pics of the HMR's, glad you're liking them! 

I saw this guy and had to have it! They're really not too expensive used. And you really can't hurt the thing. I can't remember what I picked it up for (I could look it up I suppose), it was super reasonable. If Bandai made it we would have to hope we could get it at 3:00am, miss our chance, then pay $600 for it!:D

I just looked it up. I got him for $124.

It's a NECA Jungle Predator 1/4 scale. Here is one for $150

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-Special-Edition-Jungle-Predator-1-4-Scale-With-LED-lights/223631991247?hash=item34118161cf:g:bs8AAOSwoS5dXdLv