Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

Hasbro just forced Zeta Toys to take down their Unicron over an IP dispute, but they have no problem lifting Bandai's Metal Build designs to incorporate in their Transformers franchise.  Hmmmm.

It looks great, but I attribute this bad ass look entirely to Bandai's genius.

Really? I haven’t been paying attention to the whole thing but after I heard about the Zeta Unicron, I thought it looked better in many ways and had a few better features minus the working mouth in planet mode that Hasbro has. Zeta is also a lot smaller. Looks like HasLab has stalled even with the extension. At this point, I actually hope they just fail. 

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

I just took a look at a couple of these. They look really cool. I like the Prime. They're BIG BUCKS though. How tall are they? How did they cost when they were released?

That prime isn't out yet, it's 21cm tall and it's $450 because Flame toys are out of their god damn minds.

15 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

Hasbro just forced Zeta Toys to take down their Unicron over an IP dispute, but they have no problem lifting Bandai's Metal Build designs to incorporate in their Transformers franchise.  Hmmmm.

Just curious as to how you've linked the two things [Zeta Unicron to haslab Unicron and Bandai's Metal builds to...Flame Toys Star Saber]? For me neither the haslab nor the zeta unicron ever did anything [admittedly they looked very cool] but I can see how when hasbro is trying to literally do their biggest thing ever [size+price] they don't want a 3P undercutting it. 

Edited by Knightdramon

17 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

That’s because Flame Toys and Bandai contract the same designers (Decomas Labo, Chemical Attack), same situation with Bandai and Arcadia contract T-Rex to design their Valkyries.

Hasbro has nothing to do with it.

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

That prime isn't out yet, it's 21cm tall and it's $450 because Flame toys are out of their god damn minds.

Um yeah, I'm not into it that much.:blink:

At $250 I would be a buyer. But $450! That sucker better be 30cm tall and have a LOT of presence.

Edited by sqidd

6 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

In other news, picked up my MP-10G last week.  Can't wait to break these out for a crossover display.

IMG_4251.JPG

Nice GB collectibles sir! ;) 

Better play with these while you have time, sir. Because once your Kairos arrives, you're going to swoosh it around more than you're going to play with these GB's. Hehehe. :rolleyes:

Again, great hauls everyone! :good:

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Better play with these while you have time, sir. Because once your Kairos arrives, you're going to swoosh it around more than you're going to play with these GB's. Hehehe.

Oh, you know I'll be giving a proper pose with my other 31's and posting here!!  (After swooshing of course.  :yahoo:)

I really like those MAS figs! Do you plan to pickup the black version and/or Megatron?

I keep checking for updates on Soundwave but haven’t seen anything since the initial announcement and tradeshow video from 2018. 

14 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I really like those MAS figs! Do you plan to pickup the black version and/or Megatron?

I keep checking for updates on Soundwave but haven’t seen anything since the initial announcement and tradeshow video from 2018. 

Black version. I didn't know there was one.

No plans on Megaton.

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

@spacemanoeuvres now that I have been playing with Prime a bit. I absolutely need Megatron.:p

This toy is just plain fun! I giggle every time I walk in my office and see it. It's absurd.

@sqidd I have a dark gold version on the way, am on the fence about the dark red version. Didn't know that they have it in-stock (was assuming that it was on PO).

Looking forward to see some photo and hear your view on this version before I decide.

Edit: I have also missed an $299 MB EVA-01 two weeks ago. Looking for a good price but it is now close to $400.

Edited by kkx