Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

23 minutes ago, borgified said:

SDCC Kenner tribute Boba Fett on Holographic Card going for 8.5k yen and picked up already.

Pic from Manda (actual listing). Link posted -  4th one from the top of this page. 

Oops, somehow i missed that, sorry.

Thanks @borgified

BTW @Saburo I love the Valk's relaxed pose next to the beast armor.

Edited by vlenhoff

10 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit in: I hope they cover the shipping, this is really unfortunate.

Finally heard back from Mandarake about shipping me the wrong item.

Good news is that they will be sending me my VF-171 and Armored Parts.

And I guess the incorrect figure they sent me is cheap enough that it is not worth it for them to have me ship it back (the box is HUGE) .  So I now own a figure from something called "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS"....??????   That was a mouthful...   

32 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

And I guess the incorrect figure they sent me is cheap enough that it is not worth it for them to have me ship it back (the box is HUGE) .  So I now own a figure from something called "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS"....??????   That was a mouthful...   

It's an old figure for series more than 10 years back, and yeah the price is so low (about 2000 to 3500 yen) that maybe the shipping fee from your place to japan is cost more than the item itself.:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Rein+ said:

It's an old figure for series more than 10 years back, and yeah the price is so low (about 2000 to 3500 yen) that maybe the shipping fee from your place to japan is cost more than the item itself.:rolleyes:

I am guessing it is a Sailor Moon-like show.  The figure is pretty well-made, from what I can see.  Pondering if I can have its weapon be wielded by a valkyrie... 

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am guessing it is a Sailor Moon-like show.  The figure is pretty well-made, from what I can see.  Pondering if I can have its weapon be wielded by a valkyrie... 

Glad to hear you're not getting dinged for return shipping!

16 hours ago, sh9000 said:

ED044E9A-8DE2-4A7F-8DF4-5BBCCAB84F76.thumb.jpeg.475ec05dc11faa23c0bb8715cd19000f.jpeg

~1/100 SR-71.

I'm guessing that's a kit, due to the lack of markings, but looks pretty good!  I want to say that looks like the old Monogram snap kit, but I thought that one was 1/144?

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm guessing that's a kit, due to the lack of markings, but looks pretty good!  I want to say that looks like the old Monogram snap kit, but I thought that one was 1/144?

It’s a kit that is closer to 1/100.  I haven’t applied the markings yet.  Maybe I’ll put some spare HM skull stickers on it.

D93492E0-4055-4A85-864C-09E5F055A853.jpeg.331b75e1f74661e29c9622ecf76b1757.jpeg

My first VF-25. Really fiddly, but a nice piece. I won't lie, it had me on the ropes for a few minutes. I really dig though. I do realize having the knife in the shield hand isn't exactly how that's supposed to be done, but he looks cool! I'm absolutely going to have to get a couple more so I can have a fighter and gerwalk thing going on.

Also un-boxed another 1/60 VF-1S Focker. This one is grounded until my Yeti stands come in.

VF-25 2.jpg

VF-25 1.jpg

VF-1S 1.jpg

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

^ Love the VF-25. Would really like to see an updated version on the level of recent releases. 

I've decided that the VF-25 is my favorite model of valk. I definitely agree that a slightly updated version would be very welcome - maybe even see Arcadia's take on it.

Yes, yes...fantasy land.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

^ Love the VF-25. Would really like to see an updated version on the level of recent releases. 

1 minute ago, Grimgerde said:

I've decided that the VF-25 is my favorite model of valk. I definitely agree that a slightly updated version would be very welcome - maybe even see Arcadia's take on it.

Yes, yes...fantasy land.

The 25 is my fave as well. Looks good naked, with supers, and armor. 

On 9/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Finally heard back from Mandarake about shipping me the wrong item.

Good news is that they will be sending me my VF-171 and Armored Parts.

And I guess the incorrect figure they sent me is cheap enough that it is not worth it for them to have me ship it back 

I had a similar experience with Jungle. Instead of a Yamato VF-1J, they sent me a v1 Yamato VF-11B. I contacted them and they just refunded me the money, but didn't ask me to send the wrong item back. 

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Instead of a Yamato VF-1J, they sent me a v1 Yamato VF-11B. I contacted them and they just refunded me the money, but didn't ask me to send the wrong item back. 

The 1:72 YF-11s aren't worth the trouble of sending back, much less the cost of shipping.  :lol:

On 9/11/2019 at 8:27 PM, sqidd said:

My first VF-25. Really fiddly, but a nice piece. I won't lie, it had me on the ropes for a few minutes. I really dig though. I do realize having the knife in the shield hand isn't exactly how that's supposed to be done, but he looks cool! I'm absolutely going to have to get a couple more so I can have a fighter and gerwalk thing going on.

Also un-boxed another 1/60 VF-1S Focker. This one is grounded until my Yeti stands come in.

VF-1S 1.jpg

Such a beauty :wub:

DE049D61-40DD-4DE8-9A31-0C2625E65F77.thumb.jpeg.e0694a3bc548c4b260563cd1d5494797.jpeg

Marvel Legends Nightcrawler.  I’ll probably have him converted into X-Force Nightcrawler before Hasbro releases theirs.

34B94E82-E731-449A-A31C-66CACE6C2D17.thumb.jpeg.c2cd8be7b1587810259fa2b85bedd2cb.jpeg

1/100 F-15J Aggressor.  I like it.

834A5D45-9215-4958-9126-9139DF1F767E.thumb.jpeg.7b5c93ca1e475625c5cba948c1388d05.jpeg

Mafex John Wick from Chapter 2 and John Wick Chapter 3 blu-ray.

Edited by sh9000

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yeah, that canopy is normal, across all the VF-31 figures.

The VF-1 is pretty amazing. Transform it to battroid, it's the best posing of the transforming figures.

I can live with normal, thanks.

Yeah, I think he's going into Batroid next!:good:

I REALLY can't wait for the DX VF-1S with S&S parts now!:yahoo:

So I got this thing

Mafex_Evil_Gwenpool.thumb.jpg.83a8abdbb73172c22566c876b64c94db.jpg

Unfortunately, this is the Mafex I'm more used to expecting. Basically, lackluster. It almost feels like KO quality. The joints are poorly designed and not very effective, the whole figure feels cheap and easily falls apart when you try to use almost any of the supposed articulation. Positives are the paint application is pretty good and the wired cape is nice. I also like the comic panel accessories but think I will end up using the stands for those for something else. I got this as kinda a test to see if I would want more Mafex figures in the future and if I was basing it just on this, the answer would be no. Luckily for Mafex, I got their Spidey figure before this and that is better in almost every way so I guess I'll keep my existing preorders for the other comic Marvel and Batmans. Venom is on the way so hopefully that will be better too. Good thing is I have a character that is unique and not available from any other line. I'd be pretty pissed if I went for the regular Gwenpool since that would be one case where I think I'd rank the ML version higher than the "high end", cost three times more version.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

The 31A has a transparent, yellow-orange tinted canopy. It's the only 31 that doesn't have the glittery canopy. 

1873143176_VF-31A03.jpg.85a42e90df41c14bc7956f1bda3f8ce8.jpg

it's because the the 31A lacks the magical girl power of the other models.