Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:
7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got these in today and I have to say im very impressed with the Rick Hunter figure. My only complaint is that it seems way too tall. If they keep the correct scale Roy is going to be super tall :blink:

Kitz Concept Rick Hunter  

Simone posted a pic in the thread about these where they modded the legs and he looks more proportional. I don't know where the thread is sorry.

YAY!  My DX Chogokin VF-171 Nightmare Plus + Armored Parts arrived in the mail today...

image.png.fa0f477692381b96085727a1476058e5.png

Ummm...  Mandarake.... ummm.... this does not look like the Macross toy I was expecting.  

(sigh) Time to email their customer support... (sigh)

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Whoops!  :lol:

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

How tall is this? Who makes it? Link maybe?

That's the latest NECA release, from their new Alien Resurrection line.  It stands about nine inches, fully erect.

I ordered mine from BigBadToyStore.com.

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Simone posted a pic in the thread about these where they modded the legs and he looks more proportional.

Who's Simone?  :huh:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44143-kitz-concept-robotech-toy-line/?do=findComment&comment=1482839

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

How tall is this? Who makes it? Link maybe? I want to get some Aliens and just started looking into it. I'm not sure I want to spring for the Hot Toys one though.

Thanks!

That's a NECA figure.  They're about 9" iirc, but they do vary over different versions.  As poseables go, NECA is the biggest, most accurate, and have made all of the various aliens and humans from the series.  I only know of Figuarts as another manufacturer of poseable Alien figures, but there may be others.  Knockoffs of these abound in identical packaging, and I did buy one from China just to see.  It seemed to be from the same factory as it was identical with a loose knee, so I think they're just QC rejects. 

As for quality, it could be better, but that goes for just about anything.  The joints tend to be a bit too tight on some, too loose on others, and I had an elbow snap off of one of mine because it's only a small 2mm round peg that holds the joints to the major bits.  I've also found that the translucent head coverings tend to pull up at the edges sometimes.  Otherwise, they're pretty awesome figures.

I highly recommend that, if you're going to get into Alien figures, you jump on the preorder for the re-release of the Cat Power Loader from Aliens.  ...and a queen of course... oh, and you'll want the "Rescuing Newt" 2 figure set to go with the power loader so that you can get the proper "dirty" Ripley to go in the loader.  The other one looks way too clean and perfect, especially with the weathering on the loader.  That can come out any time now NECA!!!  I'm very impatient after being promised it in August, especially since I have EVERY OTHER ALIEN now waiting in my pile o' loot.

Edit: YES!!! I literally JUST got the email saying it was due in the next few days.  There's going to be robot vs alien fight very soon! :aggressive::yahoo:

Edited by Pontus

3 minutes ago, Pontus said:

That's a NECA figure.  They're about 9" iirc, but they do vary over different versions.  As poseables go, NECA is the biggest, most accurate, and have made all of the various aliens and humans from the series.  I only know of Figuarts as another manufacturer of poseable Alien figures, but there may be others.  Knockoffs of these abound in identical packaging, and I did buy one from China just to see.  It seemed to be from the same factory as it was identical with a loose knee, so I think they're just QC rejects. 

As for quality, it could be better, but that goes for just about anything.  The joints tend to be a bit too tight on some, too loose on others, and I had an elbow snap off of one of mine because it's only a small 2mm round peg that holds the joints to the major bits.  I've also found that the translucent head coverings tend to pull up at the edges sometimes.  Otherwise, they're pretty awesome figures.

I highly recommend that, if you're going to get into Alien figures, you jump on the preorder for the re-release of the Cat Power Loader from Aliens.  ...and a queen of course... oh, and you'll want the "Rescuing Newt" 2 figure set to go with the power loader so that you can get the proper "dirty" Ripley to go in the loader.  The other one looks way too clean and perfect, especially with the weathering on the loader.  That can come out any time now NECA!!!  I'm very impatient after being promised it in August, especially since I have EVERY OTHER ALIEN now waiting in my pile o' loot.

Thanks for the overview. I was just eyeballing the NECA stuff on BBTS. Looks like good stuff. Lot's of pre orders going on right now. I'd LOVE to get that 1/4 scale (22" tall) bad boy! Where would I put it though!:D The power loader is awesome! And the price is super fair. I guess it's time to pre order some stuff!

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Thanks for the overview. I was just eyeballing the NECA stuff on BBTS. Looks like good stuff. Lot's of pre orders going on right now. I'd LOVE to get that 1/4 scale (22" tall) bad boy! Where would I put it though!:D The power loader is awesome! And the price is super fair. I guess it's time to pre order some stuff!

Thanks!

If you look up the reviews of the previous 1/4 scale figures, they aren't all that articulated like the smaller ones are.  The new ones look the same, but I ordered one anyway.  I wish they'd do a 1/4 scale queen, but since the smaller one was $100, I doubt I could afford a big one.

I recently found a thread where a guy modded his power loader to be a bit more like the movie.  But he didn't do the light on top.  I found this to do so from the RC community.  It might be a little bit big tho.  We'll see.

Edited by Pontus

Just now, Pontus said:

If you look up the reviews of the previous 1/4 scale figures, they aren't all that articulated like the smaller ones are.  The new ones look the same, but I ordered one anyway.  I wish they'd do a 1/4 scale queen, but since the smaller one was $100, I doubt I could afford a big one.

I recently found a thread where a guy modded his power loader to be a bit more like the movie.  But he didn't do the light on top.  I found this to do so from the RC community.  It might be a little bit big tho.  We'll see.

I just pre ordered a couple of 9" NECA figures.............................and that 22" monster! I'm not too concerned about articulation. I'l probably set it up somewhere once and leave it. Where that spot is going to be, I don't know. It certainly won't be fitting in any of my glass cases!

Those power loaders are awesome.

Too bad that APC and pulse rifle are so much money. Well, more money than I'm winning to spend on them.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Missed Fett this morning. 

At least I got this guy the other day

FF58BB7C-8921-477C-B46B-D7641C682692.thumb.jpeg.d261fd1314cf1361c79002a6e7f3f894.jpeg

I didn't know Amazon already shipped this.  Mine still says shipping in October.

I forgot about Boba Fett yesterday and missed it today.  I did get a souvenir though.  :lol:  Oh well.  It's all good either way.

bobafett.jpg.9d0ec4b0c497c7a46c211ba312cf0ff8.jpg

42 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I didn't know Amazon already shipped this.  Mine still says shipping in October.

I forgot about Boba Fett yesterday and missed it today.  I did get a souvenir though.  :lol:  Oh well.  It's all good either way.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1119724280&ref=list&keyword=black%2F6inch&lang=en

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

LOL!

Yeah, it seems some people got their shipments early for Palpatine and some did not. No idea what the criteria was.

1 hour ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

F that! LOL!

1 hour ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

F that! LOL!

Hell no! Way overpriced... I'll wait for it to be released in the wild. Guessing that it will be snapped up quickly before anyone gets a chance to get a copy.

1 minute ago, borgified said:

Hell no! Way overpriced... I'll wait for it to be released in the wild. Guessing that it will be snapped up quickly before anyone gets a chance to get a copy.

I feel that as one of the biggest Boba Fett fans around, I need to have one but I absolutely refuse to pay that kinda markup for it. If anyone got an extra that they are willing to help me out with, please just let me know. Thanks!

These two guys showed up today. The SV has the goofy foot problem. And didn't come with a stand like the Yamato stuff did. I'll have to wait for the pile of Yeti Stands I ordered to show up to get it out of "crash position". The VF-1S is pretty cute. It's the first 1/60 VF I have un-boxed. It's a wee bit small for my tastes. All hail the 1/48!

Focker.jpg

SV51.jpg

^ looking good!

R-Jetan Metallic Version showed up today and honestly was not expecting the box to be so big (VF-1J DX for scale)!

Being a Fewture release I was thinking maybe a small shoebox for this guy, but a 16" x 15" x 6" box! Seems a little overkill for a figure looking to be about 8"...no wonder shipping was up there!

r-jettan.jpg

Edited by Bobby

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

That's awesome. There is no way I could have pulled that off!

@sqidd thank you!

59 minutes ago, tekering said:

Excellent posing, Saburo!  :good:

Thank you @tekering, it was a spontaneous decision to include the 31S in the box shot.  Also now that I look at it it looks like a car salesman "How can I get you into this Armored Parts set?".  :lol:

51 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That pose pretty much sums up Arad's entire role in the series. 

:lol:

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

LOL!

Yeah, it seems some people got their shipments early for Palpatine and some did not. No idea what the criteria was.

F that! LOL!

Wow.  Someone actually bought the Boba Fett on Mandarake.

58CE3EEA-938F-4858-9276-1007343B6633.thumb.jpeg.4c81709d473aecab8cb9e76cc708e4a4.jpeg

Hallmark Transformers G1 Bumblebee ornament.

ED044E9A-8DE2-4A7F-8DF4-5BBCCAB84F76.thumb.jpeg.475ec05dc11faa23c0bb8715cd19000f.jpeg

~1/100 SR-71.

16 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

YAY!  My DX Chogokin VF-171 Nightmare Plus + Armored Parts arrived in the mail today...

image.png.fa0f477692381b96085727a1476058e5.png

Ummm...  Mandarake.... ummm.... this does not look like the Macross toy I was expecting.  

(sigh) Time to email their customer support... (sigh)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit in: I hope they cover the shipping, this is really unfortunate.

Edited by vlenhoff