Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I picked up a few new things.... 

ghostbusters set

Arcadia ve-1

also got a signed queen album, signed prince album and signed George Michael album!

also picked up a queen canvas for my basement!

spent a few thousand. My wife is gonna kill me lol

AD8A4B68-99E0-4845-9849-51743E00F543.jpeg

47012375-A796-4E9F-A9D0-A589B3891921.jpeg

892A31B1-1392-49C4-A5E0-3822E3ED69C4.jpeg

DF4F352C-2FE5-4603-BD26-044ECA47D735.jpeg

070A060C-282C-4911-B259-EF6E0F9F4380.jpeg

Edited by Bahamutzyro

37 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

070A060C-282C-4911-B259-EF6E0F9F4380.jpeg

I am afraid to ask where you purchased the girl in the yellow shirt from. Or how much one of those costs.

(ducks for cover)

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

what a coincidence....went a lil deeper into the rabbit hole....

Image.jpeg.2f4aa9d8f46940c7b51282b31d805a9c.jpeg

have black lions ordered and on the way too...:p

p.s. fpr anyone who has the sukhoi, is the ball head on the stand tight? Mine is loose that i cant display the sukhoi tilted upwards, it will just fall back and point up as the ball head cant hold the pose due to the weight....

Edited by seti88

5 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

ghostbusters set

Arcadia ve-1

also got a signed queen album, signed prince album and signed George Michael album!

also picked up a queen canvas for my basement!

spent a few thousand. My wife is gonna kill me lol

Nice! Dang it...wish i have space for a man cave ...

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

AFC_F-14D_VF-213.jpg.2bfc8a71e233b96c1bb15ad51be4d48c.jpg

Just got and opened another one of these things. Easily one of the best deals in toys today. Such great detail and quality for about the price of a Hasbro action figure.

I give up on holding out on this line. :( Thanks to all the powerful enabler here. ;) 

Just ordered this a two older releases.

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

AFC_F-14D_VF-213.jpg.2bfc8a71e233b96c1bb15ad51be4d48c.jpg

Just got and opened another one of these things. Easily one of the best deals in toys today. Such great detail and quality for about the price of a Hasbro action figure.

Looks good.  Can’t wait to get my 2 F-14D Blacklions and F-15J Aggressor.

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

p.s. fpr anyone who has the sukhoi, is the ball head on the stand tight? Mine is loose that i cant display the sukhoi tilted upwards, it will just fall back and point up as the ball head cant hold the pose due to the weight....

That’s a nice collection.

4 hours ago, kkx said:

I give up on holding out on this line. :( Thanks to all the powerful enabler here. ;) 

Which other 2 did you order?

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

Sweet! I don’t have the problem you mentioned with any of my stands but sounds like a job for Future (or any other acrylic based polish)

6 hours ago, kkx said:

Muahahahaha! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks! You are the ultimate 1/100 enabler!:D

By the way, vol. 34 will be a Tornado. I will most likely pass as I really can’t get too deep into this. 

So this happened...694536273_BBTStamashii.thumb.jpg.c6fbd9339ceb94e56a08f278d1a1a045.jpg

Before...143741729_HMRsegment.thumb.jpg.cd034ca42b5e0e9d95c853b52c1fb1ee.jpg

After...1529777997_macrossjam2.thumb.jpg.3471ae1485fb63900ed0f4a7881ce3d5.jpg

I think it cleans it up really well. Plus it allows me to use more of the vertical space in my detolf. I used double extensions on Miria and the VF-2SS, and while it considerable increases their height, it sort of feels kind of wobbly. In any case, for the price, I think clear stands are great, affordable and clean looking. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87713

2097309833_macrossjam5.thumb.jpg.6cc894d9d657df2bd6aba78ead1123c0.jpg1233172490_macrossjam3.thumb.jpg.037fc19c88db03ac613db85294cc1320.jpg235068341_macrossjam4.thumb.jpg.fbcf39a07ad44b76fcdfd21ac540d82f.jpg

display groupshot.jpg

10 bucks per pair @ BBTS. I think all clear is better. I'll keep Max & Miria's colored stands for individual displaying. I wonder if i should keep the smoked ones or not. 

WOW @spanner, that's an awesome set up. One of these days, I'll take a pic of a racing set up I built with a friend some years ago. It's nothing compared to yours, but it works!

Edited by vlenhoff

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

I just got the VF-31 Cat yesterday, Black Lions one is on the way soon, so I'm up to four F-14s, an A-6, and F-4, all classic Navy.  I'd love to see them expand into some older designs too, and would happily snap up any A-4s, A-7s, F-8s, even going back to the F4D, F11F, Banshee, Panther, Cougar, or pretty much anything else you could find on a carrier in the 50s-80s.  A Vigilante would be a must buy. ^_^ 

One thing I am curious about though.. has anyone managed to pop the phoenix mounts off the underside of an F-14?  I always preferred look of a clean underside, but I think think every version of these has those belly pylons glued on.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

I think it cleans it up really well. Plus it allows me to use more of the vertical space in my detolf. I used double extensions on Miria and the VF-2SS, and while it considerable increases their height, it sort of feels kind of wobbly. In any case, for the price, I think clear stands are great, affordable and clean looking. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87713

10 bucks per pair @ BBTS. I think all clear is better. I'll keep Max & Miria's colored stands for individual displaying. I wonder if i should keep the smoked ones or not. 

Nice! I stick with clear for my main HMR display too. I would keep the others you have around because stands are always handy. Extending the height is definitely nice, you just have to balance it well and be careful. I had a hell of a time with my setup and took a while before I could get everything placed the way I wanted without knocking something else down. I can say, HMR are very well made...I dropped a few figures several times and some from pretty high up onto hard floors and no issues other than collecting the pieces that fell off.

18 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I just got the VF-31 Cat yesterday, Black Lions one is on the way soon, so I'm up to four F-14s, an A-6, and F-4, all classic Navy.  I'd love to see them expand into some older designs too, and would happily snap up any A-4s, A-7s, F-8s, even going back to the F4D, F11F, Banshee, Panther, Cougar, or pretty much anything else you could find on a carrier in the 50s-80s.  A Vigilante would be a must buy. ^_^ 

One thing I am curious about though.. has anyone managed to pop the phoenix mounts off the underside of an F-14?  I always preferred look of a clean underside, but I think think every version of these has those belly pylons glued on.

Nice to see a bunch of us are building up a collection of these things. I'm limiting myself to F-14s and A-10s for now and if I can get some of the new stuff (F-22, F-35) and some Migs/Sus, I'd go for those. If they make F-86s though, I'd be all in.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Major improvement!  :good:

Thank you! Thank you so much! I never thought these little fellas would be so entertaining.

Yeap @Slave IV, it took me a few hours to get them right, and balanced. That was play time for me! Oh, and i have a few new ideas too! [coming up soon]

Edited by vlenhoff

37 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The cost is amortized over eighteen to thirty years...

The struggle is real!

I could purchase a luxury automobile for each day of the work week with the money I spend on my smelly children :lol:

I love those little turds :)

10 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The struggle is real!

I could purchase a luxury automobile for each day of the work week with the money I spend on my smelly children :lol:

I love those little turds :)

You should really make them bathe.

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

F16-CM and F14-A

Would love to have a F-4 too, maybe a bit later after I receive these 3. 

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! You are the ultimate 1/100 enabler!:D

By the way, vol. 34 will be a Tornado. I will most likely pass as I really can’t get too deep into this. 

:D

Oh I might get the Tornado but might wait to order something else with it.

11 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

So this happened...694536273_BBTStamashii.thumb.jpg.c6fbd9339ceb94e56a08f278d1a1a045.jpg

Before...143741729_HMRsegment.thumb.jpg.cd034ca42b5e0e9d95c853b52c1fb1ee.jpg

After...1529777997_macrossjam2.thumb.jpg.3471ae1485fb63900ed0f4a7881ce3d5.jpg

2097309833_macrossjam5.thumb.jpg.6cc894d9d657df2bd6aba78ead1123c0.jpg1233172490_macrossjam3.thumb.jpg.037fc19c88db03ac613db85294cc1320.jpg235068341_macrossjam4.thumb.jpg.fbcf39a07ad44b76fcdfd21ac540d82f.jpg

display groupshot.jpg

Very nice!

6 hours ago, kkx said:

F16-CM and F14-A

Would love to have a F-4 too, maybe a bit later after I receive these 3. 

Cool.

It’s good to see other people collecting the AFC 1/100 line.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

It’s good to see other people collecting the AFC 1/100 line.

I might get get an F14, F15, F18 or an SU27, not sure at this point. I don't know, maybe instead I'll get another brownie, or even a 1S to finish up the formation. Who knows,but at this point I am going to lay low and relax for a few months. What i really want is a nice 1/60 V2 brownie, or even a 1S. I am still in love with the VF-1 design. I know most people seem to be tried of it, but to me it is the very best! Maybe not growing up with a proper Vf-1 messed my head up for good.

[no offense to Macross Frontier and Delta valks, as they have gorgeous fighter mode]

Edited by vlenhoff

I'm slowly rounding out my collection of other aircraft, up to I think six of the AFC line, and will grab a few more if certain aircraft pop up.  I really appreciate the lower investment level compared with the fancier 1/72 stuff, but I do like the landing gear and weapons options on the bigger scales.

Yesterday my second VF-31E showed up, along with a 1/72 Hobby Master F-35C.  I haven't gone too deeply into the die-cast aircraft market, but I have to say I'm impressed with this release.  HM have come a long way with their molding and detail since the F-106 release I got a couple years ago. 

Only one quibble really, while it comes with a full optional weapons load (including a full open internal bay), they decided for some reason that the 9X pylons on the outer wings had to be cemented in place?  I was able to pop the glue easily enough, and they remain completely capable of being snapped on and off, but the glue stripped the paint under the pylon mounts.  Not a huge deal, since I can probably touch up the bare metal, and the pylons obviously cover it, but still just a "why?" moment. :huh: 

Well, the madness has begun!

9-10yrs ago I sold off my meager collection (among other things) to help finance a business startup. The business is doing pretty good. A few days ago I decided that I wanted to get back into the toys (not just Macross). I've been on a bit of  a tear picking stuff up. Which means I need some place to put all of it. I wasn't super stoked about the IKEA stuff. Or the few cabinets I saw on feeBay. None of them would "Tetris" into my space very well. The new/commercial stuff was ether crazy pricing, or it wouldn't work (most was rear loaded). I poked around on FB and found these locally.

The two bigger cabinets are 36" wide and the smaller one is 25". 5300sq in of shelf space! They all have bases with either cupboards or drawers. They're about 7' tall when combined. They're a brass lineament. I need to get some shelves made (only two unbroken). I need to wire in some better lights. I'm not quite sure what to do here. Do certain type of lights degrade the toys faster (stay away from those!)? They need some cleaning up. I can't believe I got them for.................................$400.:blink:

1012965747_Cabinets1.jpg.6bc498c8049bfd98964177b3c936de4c.jpg

363074530_cabinets2.jpg.9120d0074b554671f375ec6f1821d1e6.jpg

Edited by sqidd

10 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

Thanks! I feel like a struck gold!

The lights are going to be tricky. Thanks for the suggestion. I have a feeling I'll go through a couple of setups before I'm happy. Pretty much sums up my entire life.:p

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Thanks! I feel like a struck gold!

The lights are going to be tricky. Thanks for the suggestion. I have a feeling I'll go through a couple of setups before I'm happy. Pretty much sums up my entire life.:p

LED strip lighting is the way to go. Very easy to setup, quality light, easy to use and low heat. I would recommend you look into the color temp of the lights you get and the series numbers are based on the size and type of LEDs to get you different amounts of light, mostly based on the size and amount of LEDs per foot. I prefer daylight color temp but also like the option of the color changing LEDs.

Edited by Slave IV

21 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

LED strip lighting is the way to go. Very easy to setup, quality light, easy to use and low heat. I would recommend you look into the color temp of the lights you get and the series numbers are based on the size and type of LEDs to get you different amounts of light, mostly based on the size and amount of LEDs per foot. I prefer daylight color temp but also like the option of the color changing LEDs.

Copy that!

56 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Preview of the next release is on the back of Vol 33 ^_^ 

1269899663_ss(2019-08-23at01_10.53).jpg.72e21fe4dda28d5f3270a9207a4278cd.jpg

I gotta keep my eye on these, and see if they put out an F-35 in US markings (preferably a C).

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Preview of the next release is on the back of Vol 33 ^_^ 

1269899663_ss(2019-08-23at01_10.53).jpg.72e21fe4dda28d5f3270a9207a4278cd.jpg

I gotta keep my eye on these, and see if they put out an F-35 in US markings (preferably a C).

Cool.  Is this your pic or was it found on a site?

Yeah there’s only been a F-35A release so far.