Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

42 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Looks pretty good! What do you consider the best? Ronin?

Yes, the 5 Ronin is still the best one.  But this one is pretty good too, especially with the Jacket on (which I didn't take a photo of for some reason.)  There's a lot of good poses you can put this one in.  I need to try him out on the Marvel Legends bike the other wife beater Logan came with.  I do not, for the love of me, understand why every toy manufacturer includes a secondary Patch head with this style of Logan.  Patch should be in a tux with a white blazer.  Not a fricking wife beater.  As a matter of fact he would make an EXCELLENT One:12 figure by virtue of the soft goods.

If I had to give an order from best to worst it would be: 5 Ronin, Logan, Old Man Logan, X-Force Wolverine, Tiger Stripe Wolverine and Brown Costume Wolverine would be dead last.

Edited by Mommar

9 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Yes, the 5 Ronin is still the best one.  But this one is pretty good too, especially with the Jacket on (which I didn't take a photo of for some reason.)  There's a lot of good poses you can put this one in.  I need to try him out on the Marvel Legends bike the other wife beater Logan came with.  I do not, for the love of me, understand why every toy manufacturer includes a secondary Patch head with this style of Logan.  Patch should be in a tux with a white blazer.  Not a fricking wife beater.  As a matter of fact he would make an EXCELLENT One:12 figure by virtue of the soft goods.

If I had to give an order from best to worst it would be: 5 Ronin, Logan, Old Man Logan, X-Force Wolverine, Tiger Stripe Wolverine and Brown Costume Wolverine would be dead last.

Thanks for the details. I agree with your order exactly! The only one I have is OML out of the bunch. Regret missing Ronin and Tiger Stripe but I’m ok with the dozens of other Wolverines I have. Patch would be great. I still want an Agent Of SHIELD Logan. 

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

Here he is in the jacket on the bike.

7B589104-F48D-4EE6-8A7E-50F408CE8D1A.thumb.jpeg.9df2d179abe0d2ecab8a2b9093e1c835.jpeg

Well that looks great, a lot better than the ML but obviously. 

I think I got Vintage Vision from Pulse to get the free membership, just got this with the $5 off coupon:

100D958B-1A20-436C-8017-98FB183693B2.thumb.jpeg.60192d6ccee2149dbef3ca450689b2a7.jpeg

So far, I’m pretty happy with the purchases I’ve been able to make at Pulse. The ones I was not able to make is another story. 

Anyways, I can probably get the other figures from the wave for around $10 or less at some point so another wave pretty much settled.

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Well that looks great, a lot better than the ML but obviously. 

I think I got Vintage Vision from Pulse to get the free membership, just got this with the $5 off coupon:

100D958B-1A20-436C-8017-98FB183693B2.thumb.jpeg.60192d6ccee2149dbef3ca450689b2a7.jpeg

So far, I’m pretty happy with the purchases I’ve been able to make at Pulse. The ones I was not able to make is another story. 

Anyways, I can probably get the other figures from the wave for around $10 or less at some point so another wave pretty much settled.

Can you get vintage Black Panther for super cheap too?

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Probably. Just need to wait for them to go on clearance. The only ones that seem to be holding higher prices are Vision and Scarlet Spider.

That’s good from my perspective.  I got the vision first thing and already had the original scarlet spider release so skipped on that.  But I want to go back and get that classic Black Panther.

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

That’s good from my perspective.  I got the vision first thing and already had the original scarlet spider release so skipped on that.  But I want to go back and get that classic Black Panther.

It's slightly over msrp right now on Amazon. Not sure about Canada but should be about the same I would think. 

492C3197-EC26-462E-BCCA-6475A933A3CE.thumb.jpeg.c3f72d3195ccba8a6cbc12da96b9353b.jpeg

KO blackout and DX missile sets arrived!

KO blackout is way cheaper than messer and missile set combined, and bigger and heftier too. Just an observation and no reflection on bandai in any way...

Thanks to tekering for his photos before on hide shadow...Amazing transformer toy!

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Thanks to tekering for his photos before on hide shadow...Amazing transformer toy!

Oh, I've got more amazing Transformers to show off...  8)

Have you seen "Double Evil?"

154163971_DoubleEvil.thumb.jpg.b69fd6216772e01caa7f655fad5a4984.jpg

1841576279_DoublePoser.thumb.jpg.4cdb45ade2c1cfa038a816e45205eedd.jpg

485077157_DoubleTank.thumb.jpg.7275e7ecac2ab0d04729094991e59c20.jpg

1652680632_DoubleEviljet.thumb.jpg.5b5bd905d5c8c947480300d52ff3be43.jpg

818954054_DoubleEviltank.thumb.jpg.f8e79ed281c9e87683c06d15365429b1.jpg

1211530041_DoubleJetunderside.thumb.jpg.bdd11f41243c6af8f05a378b35c09c75.jpg

1336484766_MPPhase-Sixers.thumb.jpg.fd4d7270fc497f5c915a7a403286dad9.jpg

The build quality easily surpasses anything HasTak has produced.  :good:

10 hours ago, tekering said:

Oh, I've got more amazing Transformers to show off...  8)

Have you seen "Double Evil?"

The build quality easily surpasses anything HasTak has produced.  :good:

Nice pics, this is the first time i heard of it, as I followed the G1 transformers thru marvel comics and up to the TV series back then. 

You got me reading the reviews now... :) 

If you want an Overlord with a G1 look, then FansHobby Double Evil will do.

If you want it IDW comic inspired, the MMC's Carnifex will be your choice.There is the upgrade set that bumps it up to give that G1 look. 

The gun on Double Evil is small however Carnifex's is almost twice the length.

Edit: I had Carnifex and the upgrade set two years ago, traded it for store credit for newer TFs as I lost interest in it. 

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, borgified said:

If you want it IDW comic inspired, the MMC's Carnifex will be your choice.

Oh yes, and "Carnifex" is getting a re-issue!

more_than_meets_an_eye_for_an_eye.thumb.jpg.34f2b5efcd6d41c539adfae24c75283b.jpg

It's a great time to be an Overlord fan.  :D

I see part of the "Wrecking Crew' behind Carnifex. :D

Magnus (?), SXS Hot Rod, MMC Spartan (Impactor), Demolition Crew's Apex and Gemini (Topspin and Twin Twist) plus their Gauntlet (Ironfist) and Fansproject (?) Broadside and Crosshairs (?)

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I see part of the "Wrecking Crew' behind Carnifex. :D

Yes, my assimilated friend, several of the Wreckers were present there...

idw_scaling.jpg

...as well as Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus (filling in for MMC's "Calidus," who hadn't been released at that point), and Perfect Effect's glorious rendition of IDW Fortress Maximus, "Warden."  8)

13 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

So, these happened...

20190623_035819.jpg

20190623_034450.jpg

20190623_034656.jpg

Very cool @vlenhoff.

2 hours ago, nathans82 said:

20190620_202341.jpg

Nice Refraktor.  It would be tempting to get if I saw it but I definitely don’t want to collect Transformers CHUG anymore.

44 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The “Family Values” three pack showed up today.

48C6E879-F3E5-4918-9574-6B3DAEB2B2BD.thumb.jpeg.896230b7d7db62f6afbdbf9bd0bdac02.jpeg

My “Family Matters” 3 Pack x2 came in today as well.  I’ll pick them up later.

Have been hunting for this for a few months finally found one it's from the Maschinen Krieger universe created by Kow Yokohama.

3O0j8bi.jpg

UF63JxE.jpg

Has a spring loaded hatch that slowly opens
a0airNy.jpg

Also includes a pilot
y4RnIrU.jpg

And a flight base
lad0d8I.jpg

YcKp4zn.jpg

Edited by Keq

i transformed a 1/60 V2 arcadia for the first time yesterday.

Does anyone agree that shaving some of the mid-bump in the shoulder swivel would increase durability?

They had it perfectly done in the 1/48. i don't understand why they went that route with the 1/60. That's my only gripe about the 1/60, other than the ridiculous latch on the backpack. 

Edited by vlenhoff

12 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

i transformed a 1/60 V2 arcadia for the first time yesterday.

Does anyone agree that shaving some of the mid-bump in the shoulder swivel would increase durability?

They had it perfectly done in the 1/48. i don't understand why they went that route with the 1/60. That's my only gripe about the 1/60, other than the ridiculous latch on the backpack. 

Doesn't need any shaving, just unscrew the backplate, and you can loosen the shoulder screws enough to make them move very easily over those nubs.

Just need to undo three screws (one in each wing, and one under the base of the hip swingbar), and the backplate will pop off and give you access to the shoulder mounts.  Loosen those until the arms swing over the nubs freely, and you're golden. :) 

Edit:  I just realized you might be talking about shaving down the hinge in the actual shoulder pivot, rather than the bumps on the backplate.  I've never seen a reason to modify those, unless the shoulder joint was already broken.

Edited by Chronocidal

31 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Doesn't need any shaving, just unscrew the backplate, and you can loosen the shoulder screws enough to make them move very easily over those nubs.

Just need to undo three screws (one in each wing, and one under the base of the hip swingbar), and the backplate will pop off and give you access to the shoulder mounts.  Loosen those until the arms swing over the nubs freely, and you're golden. :) 

Edit:  I just realized you might be talking about shaving down the hinge in the actual shoulder pivot, rather than the bumps on the backplate.  I've never seen a reason to modify those, unless the shoulder joint was already broken.

Not the shoulder pivot, no. Sorry if i miss lead.

I still think shaving off that mid swing bump would improve function and durability. Thanks for the advise though.  

@Keq nice figure! I always liked those.

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

Not the shoulder pivot, no. Sorry if i miss lead.

I still think shaving off that mid swing bump would improve function and durability. Thanks for the advise though.  

@Keq nice figure! I always liked those.

Be careful if you do try the shave the bump. It is what holding the shoulder in place and not dropping down when in Battroid mode.

Just now, kkx said:

Be careful if you do try the shave the bump. It is what holding the shoulder in place and not dropping down when in Battroid mode.

That's why i want to shave it, not completely eliminate it. I wonder if this come up back then in the 1/60 craze. I was out of the game during those years. Deaths in the family and friends, and other events, made forget about Macross during that time. 

20 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

That's why i want to shave it, not completely eliminate it. I wonder if this come up back then in the 1/60 craze. I was out of the game during those years. Deaths in the family and friends, and other events, made forget about Macross during that time. 

I am new to the v2 too.

Maybe others with more experience can chime in.

So far, I have 5 V2 1/60 that have cracked (two of them totally broken) shoulder hinge. This is what I get by buying used v2 1/60.

I have repaired them all. I also have the shape way replacement but found the original (after repair) works better.

From all these examples, base on what I have observed, the cause for the breakage is not caused by the bump. The knurl on the pin is the main cause.

If you sand down the pin, then the hinge should be ok.

The only benefit of shaving the bump is to reduce stress on a cracked hinge. Then I would rather repair the hinge and make it stronger. All my repair works really well. So I personally don't see any merit in shaving.

As I said, I am new, so let's wait for other advise and get more wisdom on this.