Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Just came in to my local GameStop. I’ve had Blink on PO for months, she looks great, and I’ve always liked Silver Sable. 

183DDD17-C366-4696-B8CE-E0F53E51DC03.jpeg

These all came in on the same day, after getting stuck at the New York ICS for days, the VF-4, weeks. 

The VF-25G was a spontaneous pickup - it was missing most of the accessories except the sniper rifle and the stand (Gerwalk and Battroid adaptors missing). Manda said there are loose joints, and “fear of joint breakage”, bordering on junk status. Transformed into G without problems so far. Will see if it snaps in half when I attempt Battroid. 

F80E72DC-F581-4FFD-9DE3-28457A9AB207.jpeg

10 hours ago, rdrunner said:

These all came in on the same day, after getting stuck at the New York ICS for days, the VF-4, weeks. 

The VF-25G was a spontaneous pickup - it was missing most of the accessories except the sniper rifle and the stand (Gerwalk and Battroid adaptors missing). Manda said there are loose joints, and “fear of joint breakage”, bordering on junk status. Transformed into G without problems so far. Will see if it snaps in half when I attempt Battroid. 

F80E72DC-F581-4FFD-9DE3-28457A9AB207.jpeg

Ah so you're the one who bought the suspiciously cheap "hope it doesn't break on you" 25G from Mandarake. How is it? 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Ah so you're the one who bought the suspiciously cheap "hope it doesn't break on you" 25G from Mandarake. How is it? 

Yup - I just came across this during my routine search for my "want" list, this being on top (up there with the VF-0D).  Saw the "low" price of 20k yen and I knew it had to be pretty beat up. 

When I got it, the plane was actually in reasonable shape in terms of scratches and paint chips. The left shoulder hinge joint is loose, but that's what I have found so far.  The hip ball joints seem to be holding up ok (I have seen worse). But I haven't transformed it into Battroid yet.

Here is my question - has anyone experienced any joint breakages with any of the DX renewal VF-25 figure?  What joints are prone to failure/stress breakage?  With the loose joints, I was just planning to leave it as is, or just dab a tiny bit of thin cement in the hinge to tighten it.  Thanks.

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

@Lolicon just FYI, I asked Mandarake directly if they could give more details of the suspected broken joints. They replied very quickly. I feel a bit better about testing it in Battroid mode now. 

Indirectly loose overall.
A load is applied when deforming.
So the staff said it was fragile.
The explanation is difficult because it is an individual's feeling beyond that.
It is a figure to display without moving too much.

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Very nice. I have not played SRW for years, but they have English versions now? 

The Asian version has English subtitles. They've done this for the past couple of games. So far I'm really enjoying it.

5 hours ago, CHAVAKAISER said:

Tomcat 1/100 vf-84 and vf-1 hm-r

20190507_204807.jpg

Looks great together.  I love the 1/100 diecast Air Fighters Collection and have several so far with a 1/100 F-16CJ and F-35A coming in later.  Plus a diecast 1/100 F-117 from another company.

0546B6EE-72CD-4D3F-ACBC-E260123DDE96.thumb.jpeg.6414b92515158c214b68e941e6456e4b.jpeg

CA46D8C4-9B64-41D3-9DE6-68A1F3DD5133.thumb.jpeg.c9a4b4c554eb81230482b08107f36ec3.jpeg

Got some more Marvel Legends.

10 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

The Asian version has English subtitles. They've done this for the past couple of games. So far I'm really enjoying it.

I started with SRW3 on the super famicom. The last one that I really spent serious time on was probably Alpha on the PSP...:lol:

They have really come a long way since then - but nice to see the franchise still going strong. I bet I won’t know half the mecha in this latest version anyway, lol. 

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I'm not sure. I'm going to commission it

I commissioned someone to do mine, then he went missing. Not sure if he’s dead or in prison. But when I get a chance to go to Canada I’ll try to stop by his place. 

9181B1FF-02D8-498F-A886-9583224F1CA1.thumb.jpeg.1403251f3563d9b86cffbed7aa281c67.jpeg