Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

7 minutes ago, MKT said:

Just my first post here on these boards, but I've been lurking for quite a long while ever since I accidentally got hooked on the first valk purchase sometime ago and went straight deep, deep down the rabbit hole.. :p

Currently, am just sort of trawling through & acquiring the varied valk representations of different eras.. the older Yamato 1/48s, Yamato 1/60s, Frontier 1/60 renewals, to the current HMRs, DX Chogokins and Arcadia valks.

One of more recent acquisitions were from apparently the much maligned Bandai's VF100 range, but thanks to Jenius's invaluable web site resource, I've managed to identify the VF100 Fighter-only VF-25F & VF25S with their special metallic paint. I gotta say despite the lightweight feel, the paint app and tampos just fantastic!

Pics below (I wish I have the photography skills of some of the more esteemed members & enablers here to better highlight the metallic paint).

93Le4dK.jpg

WLGwaBZ.jpg

Nice finds and welcome! Look forward to seeing more of your collection.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

64C5677D-8CD3-4F4D-A2BD-03C463AFC88F.thumb.jpeg.f90be902aa37c3fa83b5beb587514b14.jpeg

I want to try this setup or something similar with my Marvel Legends X-Men.

Ah the Jim Lee era of Marvel. Good times. 

Edited by Alphahorizon

On 5/1/2019 at 12:31 PM, sumyumgoy said:

Sweet pick-up!  They are awesome.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:53 PM, sh9000 said:

Congrats.

Thanks guys. I now know what I have been missing out on. The Glaug has a little paint scratch just under the rear of the right leg joint, otherwise both units are in very good condition. 

3388FAE6-7C7B-40F0-A926-15EECDB087C7.jpeg

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks guys. I now know what I have been missing out on. The Glaug has a little paint scratch just under the rear of the right leg joint, otherwise both units are in very good condition. 

Very nice. The regult is probably my favorite HMR release. 

12 hours ago, Sildani said:

Got a Corgi Predator Ju-87G-1 “Kanonenvogel” off eBay for $38 shipped. It’s an excellent model for a steal!

1242CE4E-997D-49BF-8F24-0B58C61F0309.jpeg

WOW. very nice.

2 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Controversial post ahead.....

I loved Jim Lee, Mcfarlane etc when they started out. Their style was realistic, artsy and layouts were gorgeous.
But then it became all abt the same poses and art style. 

I do acknowledge Jim Lee's contribution to the xmen.

For me artists were the best when the good writers took precedent.
Chris claremont era was the best for me, when cockrum, bryne, leonardi, romita, simonson and countless other (BWS!) rotated in and out of the xmen.

Edited by seti88

23 minutes ago, seti88 said:

For me artists were the best when the good writers took precedent.
Chris claremont era was the best for me, when cockrum, bryne, leonardi, romita, simonson and countless other (BWS!) rotated in and out of the xmen.

Jim Lee was part of Claremonts run too, though.

Ah yes, but an underlying sentiment that indirectly caused claremont to exit, as art took precedent.
Eye candy like that took time to draw, and claremont got frustrated at the pace of work/storyline slowed down to give priority to artists instead.

That seemed to be a reason, tho i wasnt following much after that...

Edited by seti88

13 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Ah yes, but an underlying sentiment that indirectly caused claremont to exit, as art took precedent.
Eye candy like that took time to draw, and claremont got frustrated at the pace of work/storyline slowed down to give priority to artists instead.

That seemed to be a reason, tho i wasnt following much after that...

Given Claremonts plans for the X-Men I'm glad they bumped him out.  His story ideas into the 90's were not good IMO.

8 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

I love the art.

8 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Looks good.  Maybe not as articulated but in my opinion the old school “Powered Armor” goes well with them as well.

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

A glorious haul today, indeed!

8AEDB14C-49EE-4D7E-B937-9E1A25BD2B45.thumb.jpeg.10c1a1ae7a679683b1a185cda3c6c6ec.jpeg

Solid wave.

10 hours ago, Mog said:

Does it qualify as a toy purchase, if I made it my own damn self?

1467861886_SateleDoubleHold.JPG.6fb6e9e0136ccbfa60eb05d0d209a83b.JPG

Satele! It qualifies as more. Is it a model? Big Old Republic fan.

Edited by Alphahorizon

^^Not a model.  Just a customized 3.75"-scale action figure.

Got the customizing itch again while I'm waiting for some summer release items.

I posted more pics and a parts write-up on the Rebelscum Forums:  Linky

It's tough being an Old Republic fan, when Hasbro hasn't supported it as much as other Star Wars sub-lines.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Ordered 2 more Marvel Legends Professor X’s from Amazon and used my rewards to get them cheap.

Damn, they had it for msrp again? I’ve been checking constantly for it to go back up. It was available the other day but it kept going out of stock when I added to cart. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Damn, they had it for msrp again? I’ve been checking constantly for it to go back up. It was available the other day but it kept going out of stock when I added to cart. Oh well. 

I can’t find it for MSRP on Amazon either.  All sold out immediately in town, no news on shipping from BBTS for over six weeks and a ton of marked up ones across the internet.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I can’t find it for MSRP on Amazon either.  All sold out immediately in town, no news on shipping from BBTS for over six weeks and a ton of marked up ones across the internet.

I saw it once but didn’t want to pay the slightly marked up price. I’m still not worried about it. All the riders have been easy to get at a discount at some point. 

YAY! My 1/60 v2 DYRL VF-1A Hikaru with Super/Strike parts arrived.  Now I have 2 of these VF-1A Hikaru toys, one that comes with the Super/Strike parts and one that doesn't. 

Heh, kind of parallels how I also have 2 of the VF-1J Hikaru toys, again one that comes with Super parts and one without. 

If I were smart, I should probably sell off the duplicates that don't come with the Super parts... if I were smart. *sigh*

Anyways, quick question...

I am planning on visiting family in Korea and Japan for a few weeks this summer and introduce them to my fiance.

I figure I will also do some valkyrie shopping while I am in Japan. 

Since I just started collecting Macross toys a little over a year ago, this will be the first time I have to deal with declaring stuff with Customs upon re-entry into the U.S.  

Anyone know what the limitations are, and other US Customs-related details when it comes to bringing in valkyries in my luggage?  Thanks!

I brought back a 2002 Chunky VF-1A brownie that I picked up from the Mandarake Complex on my last trip.  TSA didn't open my luggage and Customs didn't ask to open/see anything.  The only time I had any issues was when I tried to bring in Jerky that I purchased from 7-Eleven/Lawson/Family Mart.  They took it all away because it wasn't cooked, just dried.  Because Mad Cow they said.  My main concern was box crushing during the plane ride.  You don't know how many suitcases will end up on top of yours during the plane ride.  You can always consider mailing it back to yourself as a last resort.  I'm sure that the others will have more experience with this.

Just for reference.  My friend did bring back like 23 or so bottles of alcohol (mostly whiskey) back from Japan.  I think he paid less than $100 (might have been $35) in import duties.

Edited by DewPoint

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah I saw one at the Gamestop near me yesterday and I decided to check Amazon for their price.  He was available so I ordered two.  He’s still available to order in a set with Deadpool at Dorkside and individually at SuperV but with an ETA of August.

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah I saw one at the Gamestop near me yesterday and I decided to check Amazon for their price.  He was available so I ordered two.  He’s still available to order in a set with Deadpool at Dorkside and individually at SuperV but with an ETA of August.

Cool, I’ll just keep checking Amazon. It will probably be on discount later too. Thanks!