Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

8 hours ago, tekering said:

No HBT?  

No problem.  ^_^

1385829580_noHBT.thumb.jpg.f5e6fd4de6426e9252b56638a326b6b2.jpg

MacrossWorld "straight shooter" @Vifam7 hooked me up with this massive 1:12 Panzer IV Ausf. D...

...but it cried out for paint, see.

1150513372_panzerbefore.thumb.jpg.9e2437bf31afecfb24b3d1f784c80e10.jpg

Now, it looks more like a tank to me.  :D

1257737513_panzerafter.thumb.jpg.dccd41dbc780a17b4cb4bda53bf0c89f.jpg

lightly-weathered.thumb.jpg.06c027c97042bd28e606ba9c6b6bca03.jpg

dirty-ass.thumb.jpg.2c80995915bb8e7ff756414441c7867f.jpg

1050382639_enamelwash.thumb.jpg.711f7ea4a4aca2d7d2f7131deb6e55b4.jpg

I just need to source 1:12 decals and tank accessories now...  :unsure:

That looks amazing! I knew you were an amazing modeler. Now you just need Team Anglerfish figures.

I have the Ausf. H and have been wanting to also repaint it for ages now.

@tekering That is beautiful.

Got the 3A DLX Bumblebee and it's just fantastic. Prople either like movie designs or they don't but as a product it's fantastic. I've never seen diecast content like this on something this size and the articulation abd balance are incredible. 

1-426.png

2-326.png

3-302.png

When it comes to character likeness on 1:12 scale figures, Bandai continues to raise the bar:

1060497337_marvellikenesses.thumb.jpg.50b4fcc492259873ba25a925cbc9d9e1.jpg

On 4/27/2019 at 1:40 AM, sumyumgoy said:

nicely done on the tank @tekering, that's quite a difference!

On 4/27/2019 at 4:53 AM, Lolicon said:

That looks amazing! I knew you were an amazing modeler.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:25 PM, Pontus said:

:clapping:NOICELY DUNN! :good:

On 4/27/2019 at 7:17 AM, Kuma Style said:

@tekering That is beautiful.

Wow...!  Thanks, guys!  :hi:  

It's still a work-in-progress -- and the only tank I've ever attempted -- but your support is much appreciated.  ^_^

Oh, and by the way, Kuma...

On 4/27/2019 at 7:17 AM, Kuma Style said:

1-426.png

Photographing 'Bee outside, layered on top of the letterbox framing?

That's some next-level sh*t right there, Boss.  :good:

Marvel Legends MCU figures (larger sized 1/12 figures) seem to pretty good overall with likenesses also.  I’ve got too many to stop, switch over, or blend in other toylines with them.

Any of you ever have USPS misplace a package? How have you gone about trying to find it again?

I've got two packages that last updated nearly two weeks ago now, in the Chicago area. (I'm in Wisconsin.) I've filed a mail search request (on the 22nd or 23rd), but haven't gotten a status update yet. I'm worried someone in Chicago might have misread the shipping label and routed it back to Japan; this is the first time I've had this happen. I don't want to entertain the thought that someone jacked the mail while it was in transit from Chicago to WI.

In the time since the last update, I've had two other packages find their way through customs, one by boat and the other by EMS. The former was delivered yesterday and the latter will be so by tomorrow. Meanwhile, these two are still just "In Transit."

27 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Any of you ever have USPS misplace a package? How have you gone about trying to find it again?

I've got two packages that last updated nearly two weeks ago now, in the Chicago area. (I'm in Wisconsin.) I've filed a mail search request (on the 22nd or 23rd), but haven't gotten a status update yet. I'm worried someone in Chicago might have misread the shipping label and routed it back to Japan; this is the first time I've had this happen. I don't want to entertain the thought that someone jacked the mail while it was in transit from Chicago to WI.

In the time since the last update, I've had two other packages find their way through customs, one by boat and the other by EMS. The former was delivered yesterday and the latter will be so by tomorrow. Meanwhile, these two are still just "In Transit."

I was under the impression you had to have the shipper issue the request or else the post office ignores it.  I tend to avoid using USPS whenever possible.  Though in a few instances where UPS misplaced a package I've found finding the CEO's contact info. on a charity list and contacting them directly tends to get things moving rather quickly. 

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

You'll have to notify the sender so they can put in a request to find out what happened to it. If it turns up lost, you'll be reimbursed (if it was insured). The process could take months to complete, so if it's something you really wanted and you don't think it'll be available a few months from now, you might ultimately end up having to buy another one.

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

I was under the impression you had to have the shipper issue the request or else the post office ignores it.  I tend to avoid using USPS whenever possible.  Though in a few instances where UPS misplaced a package I've found finding the CEO's contact info. on a charity list and contacting them directly tends to get things moving rather quickly. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

You'll have to notify the sender so they can put in a request to find out what happened to it. If it turns up lost, you'll be reimbursed (if it was insured). The process could take months to complete, so if it's something you really wanted and you don't think it'll be available a few months from now, you might ultimately end up having to buy another one.

Thanks. I was able to put in the request online as receiver. If they only respond to sender requests, why even bother offering that option on their website? Ugh. Thanks for letting me know; I'll see if there's a response by Tuesday, then let FJ know, see if they can put in a second request for me.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

@Slave IV did you get your Marvel Legends Caliban wave yet?  I think mine is coming in Thursday.

I didn't order it. I'm experimenting with not buying waves since almost every ML eventually goes on clearance. But...I'm close to cracking and buying the Caliban and Kingpin waves.

11 hours ago, Mommar said:

Looking at this figure out of the package it’s a real shame.  This is the closest she’s looked to her comic counterpart.  It’s a fantastic costume design.

6DB376AA-9267-4AEB-8377-3994788C1C95.thumb.jpeg.82c6b642dfb0c0a935833b402cee8991.jpeg

I didnt order her in the beginning but after watching the movie I rushed to order one from Amazon Japan :lol: Besides IM & WM  im trying to limit my Figuarts MCU to just one version of the character. 

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That War Machine was so tempting to me. Look forward to seeing pics and reading impressions about it. 

I havent opened it yet but it's looking better than the CW one. 

9 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I didnt order her in the beginning but after watching the movie I rushed to order one from Amazon Japan :lol: Besides IM & WM  im trying to limit my Figuarts MCU to just one version of the character. 

I havent opened it yet but it's looking better than the CW one. 

I watched D Amazing's review of the new WM and it's an AMAZING looking figure.  Probably his best design since IM2.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I watched D Amazing's review of the new WM and it's an AMAZING looking figure.  Probably his best design since IM2.

Yeah, I’ve been avoiding SHF MCU but that WM design really got me. Still passed but kinda want it. 

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I didn't order it. I'm experimenting with not buying waves since almost every ML eventually goes on clearance. But...I'm close to cracking and buying the Caliban and Kingpin waves.

At some point I’m going to stop buying multiples to keep MISB and just open everything to save on costs.

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

Where did you order yours from?  I'm sure as hell not getting mine Thursday.  I'm still waiting on Professor X from somewhere.

Dorkside.

16 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

At some point I’m going to stop buying multiples to keep MISB and just open everything to save on costs.

Dorkside.

Yeah...I stopped buying multiples for most MLs. Too many of them and again, they almost always go on clearance. I'm worried about ever finding Silver Sable, Beast and Jubilee though so I might bite the bullet on getting cases to get them

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:09 PM, derex3592 said:

Love coming home from a work trip and finding new toys!

20190425_210143.jpg

I really like the look of the TE-01.  I had shifted from collecting transformers MP to Valkyries a couple years ago, but this one looks so good, to an extent, better than the upcoming MP version 3.0, and I just had to get one.

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

FD9B6F90-A2CC-4B89-A3FB-1D850D355645.thumb.jpeg.0e00c6993eb63949cbaa5a6fa4da034f.jpeg

Got a DST Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Skellington and Sally.

Nice! I have those but I was just looking at the Gamestop exclusive 2 pack that also comes with a Zero figure...I kinda want but too expensive right now.

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I have those but I was just looking at the Gamestop exclusive 2 pack that also comes with a Zero figure...I kinda want but too expensive right now.

Yeah I just saw the set at Gamestop.  Pretty cool and they glow in the dark. If the set were cheaper I might get it.  Also saw a bunch of Jumptroopers but passed on them.