Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

5 hours ago, Sildani said:

Picked up a grail of mine. I’ve always liked this jet - it’s like an F-16 and an F-18 went and had a baby. Not too many were made, and none will be made again. By Hobby Master. 

EDF4A65B-D180-4917-B4FF-92AE1152E6D3.jpeg

Where did you get it?  I'm looking for one as well, but prices for these have been too high for my wallet.

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMG_3822.JPG.808d63ad555282e0c7c3fab00ebf4095.JPG

I agree! Too many scales out there to not to have at least one.  :D

31 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

It's a must have, one of the few I would never sell. :lol:

Green with envy. Still not for me. :p

To be fair, it looks good, @505thAirborne. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

13 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

Where did you get it?  I'm looking for one as well, but prices for these have been too high for my wallet.

Bought from a member of Model Hangar 3 fora. 

14 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMG_3822.JPG.808d63ad555282e0c7c3fab00ebf4095.JPG

I agree! Too many scales out there to not to have at least one.  :D

I'm green with envy too!  The last 1/48 DYRL I'm missing.  Tired of waiting for one to pop up so picked up a cheap sunburnt red Hikaru, whitened with peroxide and repainted it (forgot to paint the red arrows on the head):

IMAG0117.thumb.jpg.840dfa1d34d3aceadf1ac4b8d4c62540.jpg

Would still love to pick up a legit one if anyone here wants to let theirs go (hint hint) ... ;)

2 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Pretty good haul this week. Will post up tomorrow. Please no one else sell me anything for say at least 6 months. 

Let me guess... More hard to aquire valks that you financed part your mortgage to aquire it. :blink:

Edit: I'm trying thin out my various hobbies that I have presently (and I believe that others can say the same when trying to stream line their own collection as well).

Edited by borgified

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oh man, you are taking me back! A-Ko figures would be sweet!

The Classic's are never forgotten. :wub:

Money is tight for me these days but I would break the bank in an instant for A-ko figures! :D

On 4/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, Pontus said:

The Megaroad colony ship just found a habitable yet inhospitable planet, and they may have found more than they bargained for after a crew of Zentradi explorers checked out an alien, derelict spaceship on the surface.  Several of them returned with a strange parasite attached to their face.  What could this mean?  :unsure:

After several days, the parasites died, and their Zentradi hosts seemed fine.  Then a few hours later, all hell broke loose in the medical bay.  With the power out and no one responding on the comm, a crew of valkyries were sent in to investigate.

They found some sort of casing as if something had gestated inside and clawed its way out.  There also seemed to be some sort of slime slewn across the room and dripping from the ceiling in places.

IMG_20190417_002533387.thumb.jpg.c655b34eb7a3b1e0ceaeb75d2c519300.jpgIMG_20190417_002728953.thumb.jpg.dd6b5f15c7239d64eb8c27bdcd703596.jpg

IMG_20190417_002648776.thumb.jpg.69ed26da6895cd6ef361232f5d2f8c20.jpg

They finally got the lights back on and...

...found some new creatures relaxing and having fun with their pet!  "Hey guys, could you turn the lights back off?  It's hard on our eyes."

IMG_20190417_005731670.thumb.jpg.3282dfcf3e2f67b0f3f2828130ed696e.jpg

Spoiler

Seriously tho, these NECA Alien toys are freakin awesome! (well, that is until I snapped an arm off of a stiff joint)  From left to right these are the original "big chap"; a concept xenomorph from Aliens before they decided to take off the smooth, translucent dome; and the dog alien from the third movie.  I decided to limit the impact on my wallet by just getting the special alien from each movie (not a fan of AvP tho).  I've got a neomorph from Covenant and the Queen from Aliens on the way.  BBTS had a preorder for the newborn and Ripley (plus another xeno) from Resurection.  I don't want to collect the figures, but clone Ripley was the real "Alien" from that movie cuz she was part alien, and the newborn was kinda lame.  So the only one I'm missing is the "Deacon" engineer alien from the ending of Prometheus, but for some reason he is damn expensive!

Edited by Pontus

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Whoa Aliens vs valkyries...*munches popcorn*

That's nothing.. Try this on for size.

Aliens/6 pack Alien Eggs/Queen vs Predator (AVP)/Marines (Amanda Ripley and Craig Windrix)/TFs (Exhaust and G2 Bee) with 3rd Party (Bezzleboss) Wheeljacks Immobilizer in a diorama.

DSC00393.jpg

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Aliens/6 pack Alien Eggs/Queen vs Predator (AVP)/Marines (Amanda Ripley and Craig Windrix)/TFs (Exhaust and G2 Bee) with 3rd Party (Bezzleboss) Wheeljacks Immobilizer in a diorama.

Make no mistake; @borgified and I have a great deal in common, including our tastes in anime, sci-fi, toys and action figures.  :drinks:

However, we have fundamentally different ideas of what constitutes a "diorama."  :huh:

2060720584_cavaliersdiorama.thumb.jpg.6f6495db655b00b73d941e09526eb94a.jpg

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The perfect gift for your youngsters: a facehugger plushie!

Isn't that a Pokémon?  :p

55 minutes ago, tekering said:

Make no mistake; @borgified and I have a great deal in common, including our tastes in anime, sci-fi, toys and action figures.  :drinks:

However, we have fundamentally different ideas of what constitutes a "diorama."  :huh:

I love the hangar diorama!

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Are you using the Wave hangar sets? Or something else? Been looking into some kind of hangar diorama parts but not sure what would work well or even be big enough for 1/60 stuff.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:25 PM, tekering said:

Damn, that TRON figure looks like it stepped right outta the movie screen!  What do you estimate the scale to be?

7” scale.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:34 PM, Podtastic said:

Looks good. Are you getting the Sark as well?

Yeah.  I’m probably going to use my rewards and get it for free.

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Woot! Next build is here!

New Purchase 04/18/2019

That is a wonderful kit! The build is fun, parts separation is top-notch, and it’s really solid and fun to pose. It doesn’t have any off the issues that Exia has, namely the ankles.

It’s my plan to hold off in the hopes that the new GN frame they made makes it way into a new Exia, in addition to the rest of the Fab Four’s Gundams.