Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

4 hours ago, Pontus said:

The crew of the Megaroad colony ship just found a habitable yet inhospitable planet, and I think they may have found more than they bargained for after a crew of Zentradi explorers checked out an alien, derelict spaceship on the surface.  Several of them returned with a strange parasite attached to their face.  What could this mean?  :unsure:

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

They've encountered Starro The Conqueror's planet? :rolleyes:

latest?cb=20110329214150

Neither of the above... It's actually the Alien Facehugger. :lol:

Xenomorph-facehugger3-790x523.jpg

QMx_FOX_Facehugger_988x988_01.jpg

22 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Nice! I got one last year but it had a little bit of yellowing and was dusty as well. How did you clean yours? Thanks!

First I used a compressed air can to remove all the dust and then used a moist towel to wipe off the rest.

I then removed all the stickers the previous owner had applied and used a combination of thumb-rubbing and tacking with invisible tape to remove the adhesives.

After that, I tested a 70% solution of rubbing alcohol on a tiny bit and it didn't seem to affect the weathering so I lightly wiped the entire valk to make it germ-free.

Still can't believe people would give these up for cheap, as long as you keep the old 1/48 in fighter or gerwalk it looks very good.

Got to work for the night shift and this had arrived during the day. Was only $24 shipped on Ebay. I know I have a backlog of like 20 other Hasegawa valks but I always regretting not getting this one for some reason :/

It has parts for A n J as well so when I do my Anniversary builds I'll make them all 1J's :D

20190412_212319_HDR.thumb.jpg.4cc21e24939253c01e6bac83f914b4ef.jpg

Edited by Duymon

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Got a Star Wars Black Series 6” Emperor Palpatine with throne for $1.17 shipped after tax.  :D

Nice! I ordered one too. Then went crazy and ordered the rest of the new preorders that went up last night. 

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

How exactly?

I’m guessing he used points of some sort. Great way to get “discounted” or “free” toys. 

Edited by Slave IV

12 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thank you!   I wasn't planning to stop by Kinokuniya today but for some reason I decided to check it out.  The toy gods were smiling on me today.  :yahoo:

Congrats. When unexpected finds like this happen, it really makes this hobby fun. Keep hunting.

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

Awesome find, I decided to stop by Kinokuniya Bookstore and was surprised to find a Metal Build EVA-01 for sale at a good price.

It came home with me. :D

56839708_2295672037356076_3899625589446803456_o.thumb.jpg.633839764ba4c1a9d55823bcebfa0e8c.jpg

That EVA looks amazing, time to break out your camera for this one! :D

13 hours ago, derex3592 said:

How exactly?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PYXZ6D9

Amazon Exclusive that I used my Discover rewards on.  Pretty good deal.

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I ordered one too. Then went crazy and ordered the rest of the new preorders that went up last night. 

I’m guessing he used points of some sort. Great way to get “discounted” or “free” toys. 

Thanks!  Getting toys for super discounted or free is always good.  I preordered from Dorkside Black Series Ep I Obi-Wan and Black Series Archive Anakin, Yoda, Biker Scout, and Darth Maul.  Can’t wait for that Walgreens Clone Commander Obi-Wan.

Edited by sh9000

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PYXZ6D9

Amazon Exclusive that I used my Discover rewards on.  Pretty good deal.

Thanks!  Getting toys for super discounted or free is always good.  I preordered from Dorkside Black Series Ep I Obi-Wan and Black Series Archive Anakin, Yoda, Biker Scout, and Darth Maul.  Can’t wait for that Walgreens Clone Commander Obi-Wan.

Yeah, that ObiWan is a must have!

I’m going to need the Kenner homage Fett too. 

Edited by Slave IV

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I know right?

Let’s be on the lookout for it.

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I just got this set too

D8459F69-C594-4206-A8CC-15FEE843C976.thumb.jpeg.b515f8729e50699aa2b2a3f9f29bf592.jpeg

Loki’s eyes are jacked up but that is typical. 

21329686-2273-4943-BEF7-DCAA68170DF8.thumb.jpeg.a5eafdd537b1279816129fadf3261c37.jpeg

Congrats.  I’m sure it’s still fine from a distance.  Mine looks to be ok.

DCCCCD60-0D1D-49C1-B006-C0CEB6957073.thumb.jpeg.e239b4973f399fa901f458a6a47c22ab.jpeg

On 4/13/2019 at 9:55 PM, Lolicon said:

Damn straight. Any collection that doesn't have a DYRL Kakizaki with super parts gets an F. :ph34r:

So what's lower than F? I don't have a DYRL Kakizaki. I only have TV Kakizaki. :rolleyes:

Picked up a grail of mine. I’ve always liked this jet - it’s like an F-16 and an F-18 went and had a baby. Not too many were made, and none will be made again. By Hobby Master. 

EDF4A65B-D180-4917-B4FF-92AE1152E6D3.jpeg