Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Looks great! What part of the leg is broken? It looks ok there. 

The bottom of the upper thigh where the knee meets it is split in the back.  If I try to straighten the leg the peg pops right out.  The fabric helps to keep it tight at certain angles but posing is a massive bitch.

Pretty cool idea, that cape is held on by magnets in his chest.

6 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The bottom of the upper thigh where the knee meets it is split in the back.  If I try to straighten the leg the peg pops right out.  The fabric helps to keep it tight at certain angles but posing is a massive bitch.

Pretty cool idea, that cape is held on by magnets in his chest.

Didn’t know about the magnet part, cool! The cape looks really good with the wires in it. That leg issue sucks though. Are you going to try to get a replacement?

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Didn’t know about the magnet part, cool! The cape looks really good with the wires in it. That leg issue sucks though. Are you going to try to get a replacement?

I’ve never tried to get a replacement from Big Bad Toy Store.  I guess I should ask them about it.  It would be nice to have one I can reliably pose.

The one downside to the cape.  Well... there’s two in mt opinion.  The first isnthat it’s only wir d along the two outside edges and not along the bottom as well.  The other is that the angle the cape is cut at dorsn’t look great in a vanilla stance.  You have to do something action-oriented for it to look good.

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I’ve never tried to get a replacement from Big Bad Toy Store.  I guess I should ask them about it.  It would be nice to have one I can reliably pose.

The one downside to the cape.  Well... there’s two in mt opinion.  The first isnthat it’s only wir d along the two outside edges and not along the bottom as well.  The other is that the angle the cape is cut at dorsn’t look great in a vanilla stance.  You have to do something action-oriented for it to look good.

Will see how it goes when I get mine. Neither downsides you mentioned bother me at all as I don’t do vanilla poses unless I have to (like with some ML and most Mattel DC figures) and it makes sense to me to not have a wire in the bottom edge. I guess if you really needed to, you could add a wire to the bottom edge. I would definitely try to get a replacement if it came broken though. 

80401AA3-8261-426F-8E13-8F67284D8575.thumb.jpeg.b912aee91feaa7b4112a06bb4b6beff1.jpeg

E9FD8228-10E1-428C-A2E0-C986F090CD7D.thumb.jpeg.572c44dabed29ade5497ba6f3181db2c.jpeg

47A4423D-E4C0-40B3-B89C-5C70F9142A6E.thumb.jpeg.a5bcc244baf12509a10139dc37b355e5.jpeg

4D2D6943-D96D-4135-9F83-E2F6911F75EA.thumb.jpeg.e65900a7415b2726e6e572df2b33e97a.jpeg

031991F3-4427-49F6-BAB9-96900F6C03F3.thumb.jpeg.a2e793faba75eef63a959a3948fb188b.jpeg

54687888-8AEE-4574-9C7E-582E035C9F24.thumb.jpeg.ada9ba63ef0e60c1339f8badaef23878.jpeg

B9E96158-4A2D-4DB6-8E83-2BAF6A9030B3.thumb.jpeg.a429c5cf3c0decb83652072198f94df1.jpeg

B2BF4263-6658-4989-8325-65A0565E0980.thumb.jpeg.237bf99dcb11fed37e0cc9bcc2b3e76b.jpeg

Got a Marvel Legends Pyro, 3 sets of HM VF-1 Super Parts, and a CMs Mylene Jenius.  Also got a 1/18 red Lamborghini Huracan Coupe, Lamborghini Aventador Coupe, LaFerrari, Ferrari California T, and another red Lamborghini Centenario.

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am loving my Macross Plus Isamu's valkyries shelf.

Another option to complete the Isamu shelf,  your missing his YF-29 (that's from Frontier series). If you don't want to get it, then it's understandable.  

7 hours ago, borgified said:

Another option to complete the Isamu shelf,  your missing his YF-29 (that's from Frontier series). If you don't want to get it, then it's understandable.  

Just want to say that Isamu's YF-29, along with Ozma's YF-29 was featured in Macross 30 game only. Just in case she might think that you're referring that it was 'part' of Frontier series. ;) 

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just want to say that Isamu's YF-29, along with Ozma's YF-29 was featured in Macross 30 game only. Just in case she might think that you're referring that it was 'part' of Frontier series. ;) 

Wasn't Isamu's YF-29 part of his Macross Frontier movie cameo?

And here’s September’s HLJ haul. Two new VS vehicles, Splash and Magic. One of the new Zoids kits I like the look of, the Muteki Shogun super minipla set, DX YF-19 with broken head laser, HG 00 Sky (Higher Than Sky Phase) (I’m a sucker for effect parts and other gimmicks, since I originally felt that the kit’s color scheme was too washed out. Finally, the Diver Ace Unit for my 00 Diver kit, it’s super cheap and helps to flesh out the kit a bit.

D7A5FEDB-8258-46DA-B740-BEE762A292A5.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Wow, they shipped pretty fast.

Yep! I ordered that one day they were available last week. Actually showed up yesterday. 

They seem to be turning up in stores but again, I haven’t seen it at any of the Walgreens by me. Hope you and anyone who wants one can get it. One of my favorite characters and I think it’s one of the best MLs made so far. 

Edited by Slave IV

And just as we speak, The Thing is back in stock online as of right now:

https://www.walgreens.com/store/store/product/view_product_details.jsp?id=prod6379219

get it @Mommar!

edit: If that link doesn’t work, try this and use add to cart directly instead of opening the detail page with this link

https://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp?Ntt=marvel legends

Edited by Slave IV

The link for Thing won’t even work on my phone but I added to my cart and ordered earlier from the Marvel Legends search result page.  I did some digging and found the other 3 members online for cheap.

My first of two Marvel Legends Wolverine and Sentinel sets that I got for $60 each arrived.  I’ll pick it up tomorrow.