Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I picked up an HCM Hikrau VF-1J which is great because I always regretted selling mine. I also grabbed the CM's DYRL Max in Q-Rau suit that I've been trying to track down for a while. No Bandai 1/250 fighter collections, that was a bummer.

33 minutes ago, jenius said:

I picked up an HCM Hikrau VF-1J which is great because I always regretted selling mine. I also grabbed the CM's DYRL Max in Q-Rau suit that I've been trying to track down for a while. No Bandai 1/250 fighter collections, that was a bummer.

Nice HMR VT-1 review video, btw @jenius

55 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

New Haul 09/17/2018

Also got Figma Ludens from the Kojima Store who didnt bother to send me a tracking number. USPS attempted delivery on September 1st and then didnt try again until yesterday :angry: 

Nice Anubis! I placed my order at NY for this. And they shipped it the first week of September via EMS and up to now I'm still waiting for it. <_<

GOOD TIMES!!! I remember my Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp from when I was a kid!  They actually came with two different size plug in for the spring loaded release missiles, the longer ones you have, and the stubby, rocket pod looking ones as well. Man.....toys have come a LONNNG way since then! 

That's not an original is it?  I don't remember a Megatron gun with the original G1 release....

Edited by derex3592

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I'm not a fan of any Seeker mold made so far but I saw this today and couldn't pass it up

Transformers_Starscream_Retro_DSCN3621.jpg.8d4cf790b2a4cede73019a0c8124189e.jpgTransformers_Starscream_Retro_DSCN3622.jpg.225c240d0fb5d7784a85b54d61a647d0.jpgTransformers_Starscream_Retro_DSCN3623.jpg.b5e2bd175fcbe2198eb6cb03b9c93508.jpg

I don't remember the fighter mode missiles being too long on the original. Lol, wtf?!

I haven't been following Transformers lately. Was this the G1 re-release that has been hitting Walmarts?

22 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

GOOD TIMES!!! I remember my Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp from when I was a kid!  They actually came with two different size plug in for the spring loaded release missiles, the longer ones you have, and the stubby, rocket pod looking ones as well. Man.....toys have come a LONNNG way since then! 

That's not an original is it?  I don't remember a Megatron gun with the original G1 release....

Not the "Real True" G1 version though. :p

1 minute ago, jenius said:

I haven't been following Transformers lately. Was this the G1 re-release that has been hitting Walmarts?

It's G1 Transformer re-issue Starscream version at Walmart. and has been spotted in one the Walmart shelves in the States.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/09/19/g1-starscream-reissue-found-at-us-walmart-371990

There's the re-issue Devy, Bumble Bee and a bunch of other ones out already. The re-issue Hot Hod should be out soon [you can get the true G1 re-issue on Manda if you don't want to waste gas (different packaging though)]. 

40 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Nope, this is the Walmart retro reissue I just got today. And if you look closer att he picture, there are two missile types there and I just learned that because of child safety laws, the fighter mode missiles were elongated to avoid choking hazards. 

And yeah...after opening this and messing with it, it reminds me of why I quit collecting Transformers in the first place 30 years ago. They are a joke compared with what we got from Macross at the same time.

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yep!

@Slave IV: Speaking of safely laws, there was one with the original 3.75 inch Fett that was issued with the Rocket Firing backpack as I don't know if you read that one. 

The TT MP Grimmy has very sharp teeth and claws plus it can make your bleed if you did something dumb while the American release has duller claws and teeth. 

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

@Slave IV: Speaking of safely laws, there was one with the original 3.75 inch Fett that was issued with the Rocket Firing backpack as I don't know if you read that one. 

The TT MP Grimmy has very sharp teeth and claws plus it can make your bleed if you did something dumb while the American release has duller claws and teeth. 

Yep, that Boba Fett figure is pretty much the most well known and sought after Star Wars collectible ever made. I think that one guy in Northern California who has one of the biggest SW collections in the world got robbed by his friend, who tried to sell one of those and got caught. it was something like that.

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, that Boba Fett figure is pretty much the most well known and sought after Star Wars collectible ever made. I think that one guy in Northern California who has one of the biggest SW collections in the world got robbed by his friend, who tried to sell one of those and got caught. it was something like that.

Yeah that one was at Rancho Obi wan and Steven Sansweet got it back. His friend did get caught after a few weeks of serious searching. I think that it was posted on various SW sites as well. 

I though I'd heard that that Boba Fett was never properly released at all?  Guess a few pre-production samples may have gotten out.

Speaking of Star Wars, I've been catching up on a few of the Vintage collection vehicles.. will photograph them when I get them together, but I grabbed the Tie Interceptor, a Toys-R-Us Y-Wing, and the standard paint B-Wing.  I actually was going to skip the Y-Wing, but had an amusing mix-up on Amazon, and the seller sent me the Y-Wing instead of the B-Wing.  When I mentioned I was thinking of picking up both anyway, he gave me a nice bulk discount. ^_^ 

Now I just need to pick up pilots for them, and find one of the new standard Tie Fighters.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nope, this is the Walmart retro reissue I just got today. And if you look closer att he picture, there are two missile types there and I just learned that because of child safety laws, the fighter mode missiles were elongated to avoid choking hazards. 

And yeah...after opening this and messing with it, it reminds me of why I quit collecting Transformers in the first place 30 years ago. They are a joke compared with what we got from Macross at the same time.

Yep!

I thought Kawamori had a hand in designing these?  I could be wrong, but I think it's true.  I know he had a hand in other tformers like maybe optimus prime or something.

2 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

I thought Kawamori had a hand in designing these?  I could be wrong, but I think it's true.  I know he had a hand in other tformers like maybe optimus prime or something.

If I recall correctly, he was involved with the Masterpiece version. 

Kawamori was a designer for Takara on Diaclone and contributed to some of the designs including Battle Convoy (Optimus Prime).

That’s a cool G1 Starscream reissue with the Megatron gun mode.  The box looks nice too.  I was thinking about getting it but I have the Takara reissue with unaltered weapons.  I made sure to get all of the Takara and Hasbro G1 reissues released way back with unaltered weapons.  I think this Starscream is nice as well.

D2C2E94D-1CEE-4A11-8500-6FFD40597D7C.thumb.jpeg.c1f5dcfd0c7d2444562fb6430877dd7d.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Kawamori was a designer for Takara on Diaclone and contributed to some of the designs including Battle Convoy (Optimus Prime).

That’s a cool G1 Starscream reissue with the Megatron gun mode.  The box looks nice too.  I was thinking about getting it but I have the Takara reissue with unaltered weapons.  I made sure to get all of the Takara and Hasbro G1 reissues released way back with unaltered weapons.

D2C2E94D-1CEE-4A11-8500-6FFD40597D7C.thumb.jpeg.c1f5dcfd0c7d2444562fb6430877dd7d.jpeg

Thanks for clarifying! Nice collection! I don’t think I’m going to get anymore G1 reissued because again, reminded of why I quit collecting them in the first place. But I might crack for Dinobots, Soundwave and Shockwave. 

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks for clarifying! Nice collection! I don’t think I’m going to get anymore G1 reissued because again, reminded of why I quit collecting them in the first place. But I might crack for Dinobots, Soundwave and Shockwave. 

But to be fair here, the latest reissue is really garbage in my opinion.  It doesn't do the original justice at all.  The plastic is cheap and the panel lines nonexistent.  It just continues Hasbro's embarrassing trend of skimping on the production in favor of a bigger bottom line.  The toys they put these days are not even worth collecting as modern day toys - anticipating that they'll become collectible in a few decades.  They're just cheap as hell, and there's no difference here.  Not the same toy at all.

6 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

But to be fair here, the latest reissue is really garbage in my opinion.  It doesn't do the original justice at all.  The plastic is cheap and the panel lines nonexistent.  It just continues Hasbro's embarrassing trend of skimping on the production in favor of a bigger bottom line.  The toys they put these days are not even worth collecting as modern day toys - anticipating that they'll become collectible in a few decades.  They're just cheap as hell, and there's no difference here.  Not the same toy at all.

No argument from me on any of this. I’m going to go return it now.

Lol, I won’t return it but I was thinking of putting it back in the box and displaying it that way right after I took those pics. I impulse buy a few Transformers here and there but other than the recent Takara Topspin and Twintwist, they all pretty much suck. The few Hasbro ones I’ve duped myself into getting are trash. I have TT Trypticon coming and I’m seriously going to try to stop myself from buying any more. Masterpiece and 3P are the only ones I want to collect but even those are boring me and I haven’t bought one since MP Sunstreaker.

The Dinobots and Shockwave were never reissued and I don’t think they can be.  There are high quality unofficial G1 reissues online that include the Dinobots and Shockwave but they aren’t cheap.

I kept TT Trypticon as an oversized G1 Trypticon.

19 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The Dinobots and Shockwave were never reissued and I don’t think they can be.  There are high quality unofficial G1 reissues online that include the Dinobots and Shockwave but they aren’t cheap.

I kept TT Trypticon as an oversized G1 Trypticon.

That’s what I’m going to use my Trypticon for too. Have to find a place by G1 Omega Supreme and Metroplex to put it. Right now, my Gojulas Zoid is standing in. 

Anyways, I’m not that intent on getting G1 reissues so I’ll be glad if they never come. I’d rather just finish off my GigaPower Dinobot set and I still think MP-13 is the best Soundwave and one of the top three MPs made. 

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

The trifecta of MP Megs, Screamer and Soundwave are the main ones for the Destron shelf and toss in One Eye in there also. ;)

Just came in while making coffee this morning a hour ago from Amazon Japan .

DSC01039.jpg

Was the package fulfilled by Amazon or the seller shipped it directly? I always wondered how much Amazon's sellers charge for international shipping

37 minutes ago, Nonrenormalizable said:

Was the package fulfilled by Amazon or the seller shipped it directly? I always wondered how much Amazon's sellers charge for international shipping

Got it fulfilled by Amazon Japan. I believe that there are charges for International Shipping is listed on the sellers exact link (as their rate varies form seller to seller) and go for the Global Shipping Option to get to set out to where you are.

IMG_5430.thumb.JPG.e7a20e75663044aa84316582ba00e86e.JPG

Typical Toynami crap but honestly for $12 ea. I cannot complain. Not much "action" to these action figures but they look ok enough to display next to their corresponding Valks. I mean it ain't like there's a lot of options for Macross action figures out there. 

2 hours ago, jenius said:

They would look better in front of a Toynami MPC VF-1... 'cause, ya know, comparatively....

Yeah, if I owned one lol. When it comes to Veritech... ahem... Valkyries I do have options!  Lol