Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I added reinforcement plates between the two detolfs. I prefer to keep the middle partitions to retain the use of the glass shelving. If you plan on lining up four detolfs you have to get a custom glass to go across without middle partitions because the side panels are a little flimsy, then again depends on the weight you put on it 

@Kicker773: I was going to reply back, however you did reply in the middle of my write up and made it easier for me instead of write a book on it.

@rdrunner: There's the dual detolf mod in the TFW2005 threads that a member has done (and a super one as well).

For easy reference for the mods:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ikea-superdetolf-doubled-up-supercase.1151966/  (The Super Detolf mod)

http://www.tofunction.com/model/2011/02/detolf-dual-mod/ (This is actually a TFW2005 member that did this)

Even in this thread as well. :)

Edit: Can someone direct me to the 1/6th thread if it's there please.. I haven't got clue in where it is and I did search for it with no results.

Edited by borgified

A FYI for you @Kicker773 (or if anyone that has a Hot Toys Hulkbuster MK.44)

https://onesixthsociety.com/hot-toys/dont-display-your-hot-toys-hulkbuster-in-a-detolf

I believe that's why @RED WOLF has his DX Chogokin/S.H. Figuarts Hulkbuster MK.44 on the bottom shelf of his display case with the other S.O.C Go Lions as they're too heavy!!

Edit: @no3Ljm - Getting the S.H. Figuarts Iron Man MK. 7 with the Hall of fame armour?  

Edited by borgified

I know... I wasn’t going to. I had sold my first Avengers team when we moved and told myself to stick to Macross, but somehow I got back in November and basically got them all back with the exception for Cap. I completed the Age of Ultron Line up with Hulkbuster. So Far Diecast I have Mark III, Mark VI SE, Mark 42 Disney Special, Mark 43 SE, Mark 45, Mark 46, Mark 47, War Machine Mark II (AOU), and War Machine Mark III. I think that’s all the diecast I have. 

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

A FYI for you @Kicker773 (or if anyone that has a Hot Toys Hulkbuster MK.44)

https://onesixthsociety.com/hot-toys/dont-display-your-hot-toys-hulkbuster-in-a-detolf

I believe that's why @RED WOLF has his DX Chogokin/S.H. Figuarts Hulkbuster MK.44 on the bottom shelf of his display case with the other S.O.C Go Lions as they're too heavy!!

Edit: @no3Ljm - Getting the S.H. Figuarts Iron Man MK. 7 with the Hall of fame armour?  

Oh man you already can tell with the weight of Mark44 you can’t put it on top shelves of the detolf. Putting it on the upper shelves is just asking for trouble. Safest is the bottom if you can stand to see it on a stick figure pose.

Sricking to the topic at hand, Spidey homecoming this week!

On 5/12/2018 at 12:00 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

I didn't want to scare you, but rather somewhat educate you. Honestly it's an admirable thing to do for those that make that choice. 

On 5/12/2018 at 12:02 AM, seti88 said:

26 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

Oh man you already can tell with the weight of Mark44 you can’t put it on top shelves of the detolf. Putting it on the upper shelves is just asking for trouble. Safest is the bottom if you can stand to see it on a stick figure pose.

Sricking to the topic at hand, Spidey homecoming this week!

Ya only someone who wants trouble would put this on glass or acrylic unless an inch thick and/or not very wide. He is awesome though. I'm moving my voltron stuff and macross over when I start my second case. Hulkbuster will be lonely until iron spidy and mark 50 join him.  You are correct @no3Ljm hot toys stuff is pricey that is why I don't collect them. I'll just have the three when everything is said and done.

I also removed the stand HB is on. I wasn't feeling it. 

20180428_154034.jpg

Edited by RED WOLF

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I already preordered the Mark 7 at NY. Then after that I saw the listing at BBTS with the Hall of Armor. But TBH, I already don't have enough space for me to collect the Hall of Armors. I just like them as is. Probably I'll just use an acrylic stair display for all of them somehow. I'm also having second thoughts if I should PO the Hulkbuster Mark 2.

1 hour ago, RED WOLF said:

I didn't want to scare you, but rather somewhat educate you. Honestly it's an admirable thing to do for those that make that choice. 

Ya only someone who wants trouble would put this on glass or acrylic unless an inch thick and/or not very wide. He is awesome though. I'm moving my voltron stuff and macross over when I start my second case. Hulkbuster will be lonely until iron spidy and mark 50 join him.  You are correct @no3Ljm hot toys stuff is pricey that is why I don't collect them. I'll just have the three when everything is said and done.

I also removed the stand HB is on. I wasn't feeling it. 

20180428_154034.jpg

Nice display. :good:;) 

This month’s HLJ haul!

Can’t have Gundam Alex without Bernie’s Zaku (it even comes with effect parts to show the beam saber through the cockpit)

F91 is one of my favorite designs, lighting unit is currently sitting in PW, as it was on backorder when I shipped. I’ll ship it with the upcoming RE/100 Vigna Ghana.

Crane/Drill aren’t quite as fun as Scissor/Blade, but like the rest of Patranger’s stuff, it’s all much more cohesive in aesthetics. (Different colored police cars vs random assortment of aircraft with dials)

FD560B28-6FCA-4CEF-86E2-0D51A36BFF59.jpeg

Edited by iguanaman8989

Just arrived this morning. DX VF-31A Kairos backup (preorder) purchase from eBay since April 6. Finally, my first one. Whew. ;) 

KyK5VB6.jpg 

Not pictured are:
- Sentinel Riobot VR-052F Stick x2
- Sentinel Riobot VR-052T Ley x2
- Storm Collectibles Street Fighter V Ryu figure
- Storm Collectibles Street Fighter V Akuma figure
- Storm Collectibles Tekken 7 Heihachi figure
- Arcadia 1/3000 SDF-1 Premium Finish Ver

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just arrived this morning. DX VF-31A Kairos backup (preorder) purchase from eBay since April 6. Finally, my first one. Whew. ;) 

KyK5VB6.jpg 

Not pictured are:

Congrats!! Thats quite a loot!! ^_^

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

KyK5VB6.jpg 

Not pictured are:

Congrats on the 31A @no3Ljm!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

KyK5VB6.jpg 

Not pictured are:

Where’s the picture of the three-way fight between Ryu, Akuma annd Heihachi?

Thank god for AmiAmi cardboard boxes, today I received my Metal Build ARX-8 Laevatein v1 but the box was heavily damaged and also the figure box was damaged too, overall this was all my fault cause I went against my not to do rules and one of those is Not to go cheap when sending from Japan, I choose SAL registered to save  some cash and well this is the result :( , I always used for other past items EMS or DHL from AmiAmi and those came in Perfect condition, this Metal Build was a Item A box B description so in other words if it wasn't for the delivery option I took this would be perfectly new Item not to mention it took like a month to arrived, the good thing is that the Metal Build figure and accessories inside weren't damaged at all after some inspection even thou the plastic inside and  styrofoam was damaged too. I'm just wanted to share this experience with you all so you consider put alot of thinking your delivery options when buying your figures, valks, robots, etc, since you know these collectibles aren't cheap, this is my first Bandai Metal Build and when I grabbed the robot for the first time it was so effing awesome! high quality diecast figure to the max :D 

IMG_3996.thumb.JPG.4cd09dad143c48fd722d95fd335bad72.JPGIMG_3997.thumb.JPG.ee037b259d56634824e5fb5d8359c4f5.JPGIMG_3998.thumb.JPG.662c708d71b7d3d94acfd501c2c006a9.JPGIMG_3999.thumb.JPG.9d0315fc0d464ba8880caaa50f952b8e.JPGIMG_4001.thumb.JPG.f65a14f82ff7b1066b32b8401c4f2822.JPGIMG_4002.thumb.JPG.b353bd60fb7b81de97f70fac94625e6c.JPG

Edited by Alex GS

4 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Thank god for AmiAmi cardboard boxes, today I received my Metal Build ARX-8 Laevatein v1 but the box was heavily damaged and also the figure box was damaged too, overall this was all my fault cause I went against my not to do rules and one of those is Not to go cheap when sending from Japan, I choose SAL registered to save  some cash and well this is the result :( , I always used for other past items EMS or DHL from AmiAmi and those came in Perfect condition, this Metal Build was a Item A box B description so in other words if it wasn't for the delivery option I took this would be perfectly new Item not to mention it took like a month to arrived, the good thing is that the Metal Build figure and accessories inside weren't damaged at all after some inspection even thou the plastic inside and  styrofoam was damaged too. I'm just wanted to share this experience with you all so you consider put alot of thinking your delivery options when buying your figures, valks, robots, etc, since you know these collectibles aren't cheap, this is my first Bandai Metal Build and when I grabbed the robot for the first time it was so effing awesome! high quality diecast figure to the max :D 

IMG_3996.thumb.JPG.4cd09dad143c48fd722d95fd335bad72.JPGIMG_3997.thumb.JPG.ee037b259d56634824e5fb5d8359c4f5.JPGIMG_3998.thumb.JPG.662c708d71b7d3d94acfd501c2c006a9.JPGIMG_3999.thumb.JPG.9d0315fc0d464ba8880caaa50f952b8e.JPGIMG_4001.thumb.JPG.f65a14f82ff7b1066b32b8401c4f2822.JPGIMG_4002.thumb.JPG.b353bd60fb7b81de97f70fac94625e6c.JPG

I always choose the cheapest option, including ship freight when available and haven't had the same issues as you so I'm going to chalk it up to one of the handlers in between that caused this. I got a domestic shipment from FedEx yesterday that looked much worse than your box but thankfully, the contents were intact. It was a Black Series Vader Helmet. 

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

KyK5VB6.jpg 

Not pictured are:

Wow you’re on a roll Noel! 31A, four ride armors and a PF SDF? That’s no small chunk of change you must have shelled out for those! You’re making Shizuka look bad. :lol:

37 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not just you, I've been having issues as well.

28 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

It's not working at all for me. Giving a AK247 or something webpage error. 

25 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I've been having problems as well - have 5+ packages I'm trying to track :ph34r:

So I called USPS Customer Support..... or at least I tried to. However, I got an automated message that said that due to technical difficulty, even their phone system cannot let you connect to customer support.

Boy... USPS is failing on both fronts (phone and web).

32 minutes ago, brouken said:

Wow you’re on a roll Noel! 31A, four ride armors and a PF SDF? That’s no small chunk of change you must have shelled out for those! You’re making Shizuka look bad. :lol:

Hahaha! Actually, the SDF-1 PF was anticipated within the budget. The extra Rider Armor duplicates weren't. Those were impulse purchases. :lol: 

And no. Shizuka still owns the throne for that. ;) 

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Actually, the SDF-1 PF was anticipated within the budget. The extra Rider Armor duplicates weren't. Those were impulse purchases. :lol: 

And no. Shizuka still owns the throne for that. ;) 

*sits at her throne with a giant Miss Macross sign behind her*

I am sure I am not the only one here who shelled out $8K in 2 months. 

Right? Right?!  Please someone say 'right'.... please.....

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

@Kicker773 has certainly spent more, and may even have more spent per period, what with his multiple copies of Yamato/Arcadia figures.

Oh thank god. 

If I spent the most in the shortest time.... I think I might cry... partly from joy of owning new valkyries.... and partly from depression. *LOL*

P.S.

It's a beautiful day out here in Boston. Everyone go out and jog!