Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*cough cough* You are witnessing the evolution of a Macross toy collector before your very eyes *whistles innocently*

I actually don't mind the Toynami 1/100 scale toys. I don't think I'd want to touch their earlier releases, but wave 6 releases onward seem decent to me for their price. I am pretty anxious for BBTS to ship me the 3 GBP set, but am waiting for the Kakizaki VF-1A pre-order to come out so that they can all be shipped together. 

But I have to admit, the HMRs have more heft to them and feel a more sturdy... except for their feet, which always feel loose to me. I was originally going to avoid the HMRs, until I discovered they had released the Elintseeker and were going to do the Ostrich. With no Toynami counterparts, I decided to dive into the deep, deep pool of quicksand known as HMR. *sigh*

Welcome to the club ;) HMR resistance is futile. I tried myself for a long time thinking "why would I want these little so called Hi-Metal figures with barely any metal in them when I can have the premium 1/60's?". :lol:

Thanks to @ScrambledValkyrie and @sh9000 for clarifying the Roy 1S stand situation. 

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Welcome to the club ;) HMR resistance is futile. I tried myself for a long time thinking "why would I want these little so called Hi-Metal figures with barely any metal in them when I can have the premium 1/60's?". :lol:

I thought the same thing and got most of them but then jumped out. I sold almost everything and only kept the 1S Hikaru/Roy, 1J Hikaru, and I have one 1A CF that I need to sell. Oh yea the 2SS stayed as well, from here on out im only getting the new HMR molds and 1 of each :lol:

26 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I thought the same thing and got most of them but then jumped out. I sold almost everything and only kept the 1S Hikaru/Roy, 1J Hikaru, and I have one 1A CF that I need to sell. Oh yea the 2SS stayed as well, from here on out im only getting the new HMR molds and 1 of each :lol:

Wow! So you hesitated then jumped in full force, sold most of it and are back in?  That's some ride!:lol:

Once I got it, I got all in and stayed that way. I love HMR! 1/60 are my babies but HMR have so many more possibilities and fun to mess with. 

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wow! So you hesitated then jumped in full force, sold most of it and are back in?  That's some ride!:lol:

Once I got it, I got all in and stayed that way. I love HMR! 1/60 are my babies but HMR have so many more possibilities and fun to mess with. 

Yea just wasnt for me, the few i kept are just so i can put them around the SDF-1. They dont scale of course, but look way better than a 1/60 in front of it :lol:

24 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Yea just wasnt for me, the few i kept are just so i can put them around the SDF-1. They dont scale of course, but look way better than a 1/60 in front of it :lol:

Haha definitely! I have something else I'm planning to display with my SDF-1. 

2 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Another, larger, SDF-1?

I am imagining the Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1 being punched by the Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1, whuch is being punched by the Arcadia version, which is being punched by the Bandai DX Macross Quarter, which is being punched by the Arcadia premium finish version, which is being punched by the Matchbox one!

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am imagining the Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1 being punched by the Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1, whuch is being punched by the Arcadia version, which is being punched by the Bandai DX Macross Quarter, which is being punched by the Arcadia premium finish version, which is being punched by the Matchbox one!

and all of them being Shamed by @Nyankodevice's Most Epic Custom:

IMG_20161102_185102.jpg

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Like an SDF-1 centipede?

Wasn't planning any other large purchases until the PF SDF-1 came out, but then I saw the rare Aoshima TV color Enterprise-D for a really good price and had to have it!

Also been wanting another green 27 for ages now, and picked that up pretty cheap too. :)

5ae0b05349169_loot2018-04-25.thumb.jpg.92fe0d2a49bf3b486bdb6dd8ae203a54.jpg

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I think I bought a couple of HMRs from you last year. I doubt you'll have any trouble finding a buyer for that last CF 1A. Seems the demand for that one continues to grow.

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Welcome to the club ;) Resistance is futile. 

Hahaha.. That's my tag line! :lol: 

Speaking of Star Trek stuff, @Lolicon: A grail acquired off your "wanted" list. :good:

I ordered another valk from Amiami roughly two hours ago: Pre-owned VF-31C Mirage at 17,280 Yen (Item B, Box B). Opted for slow shipping (registered) and now waiting for the payment notification. With Golden Week around the corner, I don't mind waiting till the end of next month to get it.

Now the hunt for the Fast Packs once it get released.

Edit: Add pic to write up

Borg_Picard.jpg

Edited by borgified

16 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*cough cough* You are witnessing the evolution of a Macross toy collector before your very eyes *whistles innocently*

I actually don't mind the Toynami 1/100 scale toys. I don't think I'd want to touch their earlier releases, but wave 6 releases onward seem decent to me for their price. I am pretty anxious for BBTS to ship me the 3 GBP set, but am waiting for the Kakizaki VF-1A pre-order to come out so that they can all be shipped together. 

But I have to admit, the HMRs have more heft to them and feel a more sturdy... except for their feet, which always feel loose to me. I was originally going to avoid the HMRs, until I discovered they had released the Elintseeker and were going to do the Ostrich. With no Toynami counterparts, I decided to dive into the deep, deep pool of quicksand known as HMR. *sigh*

As Slave IV has said, welcome to the HMR club.  You’re going to have fun.

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Hahaha.. That's my tag line! :lol: 

Speaking of Star Trek stuff, @Lolicon: A grail acquired off your "wanted" list. :good:

I ordered another valk from Amiami roughly two hours ago: Pre-owned VF-31C Mirage at 17,280 Yen (Item B, Box B). Opted for slow shipping (registered) and now waiting for the payment notification. With Golden Week around the corner, I don't mind waiting till the end of next month to get it.

Now the hunt for the Fast Packs once it get released.

Edit: Add pic to write up

Borg_Picard.jpg

Grats on the cheap 31C! Hopefully the super parts don't go up in price, but even Messer's has climbed up quite a bit post-release.

I didn't even know I wanted that Enterprise, till I saw it for sale. Haven't had a chance to open it to compare to the regular "duck egg blue" version.

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

New Book Day! I've been wanting this one for a while now, happy to have it  :D

Has two posters inside, but I'm leaving them there for now. 

IMG_6263.JPG

Hey, it's your profile pic! Not familiar with that series though. Is it about a group of tuba players who save their school from a cabal of sinister bassoonists?

37 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Hey, it's your profile pic! Not familiar with that series though. Is it about a group of tuba players who save their school from a cabal of sinister bassoonists?

Yes indeed, that's Kumiko (best Girl) from the series Hibike, Euphonium, the story centers on a High school band determined to make it to the finals & championship. The series is probably one of the best I've seen in a long time, pretty much perfect IMO. I highly recommend it. B))

28 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Yes indeed, that's Kumiko (best Girl) from the series Hibike, Euphonium, the story centers on a High school band determined to make it to the finals & championship. The series is probably one of the best I've seen in a long time, pretty much perfect IMO. I highly recommend it. B))

The animation in that title sequence looks excellent!

11 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

The Studio that made this series spared no expense on the animation & sound quality! B))

Well, I'm a sucker for quality pictures and sound so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

9 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Ascending Knight showed up today.  Effing USPS skipped delivering the Ride Armor even though I filled out the redelivery form online.

567A1F02-591F-4A1D-855E-283DF05CCE52.thumb.jpeg.96dd2988d82ad06b4bd0a84da41b2ed5.jpeg

Nice variety of toys there! What's the thing that says Mexico in the bg and whatever's in it?

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Well, I'm a sucker for quality pictures and sound so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Nice variety of toys there! What's the thing that says Mexico in the bg and whatever's in it?

That's actually one of those oversized coffee mugs and it says New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.  There's a stuffed bear my Mom bought for me with a shirt that says the same as the mug and a stuffed penguin, the origins of which I cannot recall, sitting within.

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That's actually one of those oversized coffee mugs and it says New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.  There's a stuffed bear my Mom bought for me with a shirt that says the same as the mug and a stuffed penguin, the origins of which I cannot recall, sitting within.

Oh cool! It just caught my eye and kind of looked like the cup was the lower body/leg section of the bear at first.

1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

Your very welcomed, I hope you enjoy it! B))

I'll let you know. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

I'm at work atm so I can't watch any videos. But I'll be willing to give the series a go at your recommendation. 

Is that opening sequence as strangely compelling as the one for Love Live? Lol

YAY!  I found a part-time summer job to do, for when my spring semester soon ends.

Ordered a few things to celebrate....

Arcadia VF-4G, Armored parts for Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1, and Arcadia YF-19. 

So... when is the Bandai DX YF-19 pre-order party?

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

YAY!  I found a part-time summer job to do, for when my spring semester soon ends.

Tonight.

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Whoa! I don’t think I’ve seen anyone grow their Macross valk collection so fast since GundamEFSF. I may be wrong, but it felt like he got more than 20 1/60 valks in the span of a month or two. 

Pardon my asking, but may I know how you got so interested in the Macross mecha? Most, if not all, of the female fans I know are more into the characters and/or songs. Some own a few valks, but I don’t think they’re as into it as to really build a collection of them. At best, they’re more like accessories for the character goods they have.

Edited by ArchieNov