Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

IMG_5108.thumb.JPG.8654fa28b3caf730e53cd4440f702ac1.JPGfinally got around to slapping on all the screw covers and extra bits for the 1/3000 Macross. Been dying to pose in behind the SD Makuros. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

21 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh no... I just discovered the wonderful world of Macross Frontier + Lucky Star cross promotion products!

Image result for macross lucky star

Must... resist.... 

Image result for macross lucky star

must... resist....

OMG...no idea such a thing existed. Lalala lalala pretend did not see this and move along....

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

OMG...no idea such a thing existed. Lalala lalala pretend did not see this and move along....

I could not resist. I just ordered the 4 VF-25 Lucky Star valkyries, and the 4 main cosplay figures. Basically, everything in the pictures I posted. *sigh*

At least they were cheap. $40 for the 4 valkyries, including shipping. About another $25 for the cosplay figures, excluding however much SAL small parcel shipping from Japan will cost.

23 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I could not resist. I just ordered the 4 VF-25 Lucky Star valkyries, and the 4 main cosplay figures. Basically, everything in the pictures I posted. *sigh*

At least they were cheap. $40 for the 4 valkyries, including shipping. About another $25 for the cosplay figures, excluding however much SAL small parcel shipping from Japan will cost.

Well that's not too bad. Ahem, mind sharing a link of where you got them from?

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Well that's not too bad. Ahem, mind sharing a link of where you got them from?

I bought all 4 of the cosplay figures from Jungle.

However, I just discovered that I cleared out 3 of the 4 characters from Jungle's inventory.

Only Hiiragi is still available from them...

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=116&do=detail&id=101000005577

However, Miyuki is available from Mandarake...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1030673760&ref=list

as is Kagami...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1028128360&ref=list

Konata is available from eBay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCKY-STAR-Macross-F-Frontier-KONATA-Cosplay-Figure-of-Alto-Saotome-Banpresto/192472260791

As for the valkyries, I got them from an eBay buy shop...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Banpresto-Japan-Macross-Frontier-Lucky-Star-VF-25-Messiah-Set-of-4-MIB-Robotech-/162603875944

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

I should stop looking at Yahoo Japan auction site. This is just a bit tempting...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d280075387

600x480-2017052608240.jpg

(though, the material for the jacket and skirt seem a bit thin, as the yellow blouse can be seen thru the white.) 

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I should stop looking at Yahoo Japan auction site. This is just a bit tempting...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d280075387

600x480-2017052608240.jpg

(though, the material for the jacket and skirt seem a bit thin, as the yellow blouse can be seen thru the white.) 

So you're into dressing up as anime characters? 

...so, are you married? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

So you're into dressing up as anime characters? 

...so, are you married? :rolleyes:

I cosplayed a little bit during my high school and undergrad years. Some of us from MIT would dress up for Anime Boston, Halloween, and some themed parties.

But, other than wearing kigurumis as pajamas at home or some other costume to spice things up in bed, I have not really cosplayed in public since graduating.

Nope... not married. But dating.

Awesome, Shizuka. Let us know how the quality of those figs are, please!

I swear, I’m THIS CLOSE to killing autocorrect. 

47 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Awesome, Shizuka. Let us know how the quality of those figs are, please!

I swear, I’m THIS CLOSE to killing autocorrect. 

Will do.

I remember liking the Lucky Star anime when I was in high school, so cheap $5-ish figures of them cosplaying as Macross Frontier characters was just too cute and cheap to pass up.

I just found this unboxing video on YouTube...

Apparently, these figures came out back in 2009 and were part of a lottery called Ichiban-kuji Premium. One drawing cost 800 yen, with the odds of winning a figure being 4%.

I am so happy that they are so cheap to obtain nowadays.

P.S.

Just finished watching the above open-boxing video, and Youtube autoplayed this as a follow-up...

7 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Dont worry noel, gave you a downvote too so you don't feel left out. :lol::lol:

Just now, Lolicon said:

Oh heck, it's Christmas! Downvotes for everyone! :lol:

Hahaha! As long you guys are happy! :lol:

27 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oooh. Lots of downvoting. Hahaha! :lol: 

Great purchases, @Shizuka the Cat! :good::) 

Great collections too, @SuperDimensionalDave! I'm surprise to see that Max figure. ;) :good: 

Thanks. Yeah those are the old Popbox Hikaru and Max figures. Worth having if you can find them under $80. They're not stellar and bodies underneath are VERY basic. To top it off the outfits restrict the heck out of the possibility. But they're better than nothing and display well enough.  They came with great Skull Squadron patches too that I slapped on my range bag. 

6 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Thanks. Yeah those are the old Popbox Hikaru and Max figures. Worth having if you can find them under $80. They're not stellar and bodies underneath are VERY basic. To top it off the outfits restrict the heck out of the possibility. But they're better than nothing and display well enough.  They came with great Skull Squadron patches too that I slapped on my range bag. 

I have both Hikaru figures. Bought it less than $50 each when Robotech is having some warehouse sale 2 years ago. There was no Max. I'm just surprise to see him since I have no idea that he got released after Hikaru. Probably he got produced a little bit less than Hikaru? Was looking forward for Roy though.

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I have both Hikaru figures. Bought it less than $50 each when Robotech is having some warehouse sale 2 years ago. There was no Max. I'm just surprise to see him since I have no idea that he got released after Hikaru. Probably he got produced a little bit less than Hikaru? Was looking forward for Roy though.

Those are great prices. Yeah Max got released about 6ish months after first Hikaru and before Hikaru in pilot outfit. He was a limited release. I think to like 500 iirc. Popbox sold them on Ebay for a while but that was it. They never made it to the Robotech site. Popbox also had inside the Max box a mail away slip for a 1/6 mailaway premium of the campfire scene with the mutated fish on the stick Hikaru tries to Feed Misa after they crash on Earth and the tiny bonfire in DYRL. It was Japan only so I never bothered. Yeah I REALLY wanted the Roy. They showed prototypes but oh well...

13 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I bought all 4 of the cosplay figures from Jungle.

However, I just discovered that I cleared out 3 of the 4 characters from Jungle's inventory.

Only Hiiragi is still available from them...

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=116&do=detail&id=101000005577

However, Miyuki is available from Mandarake...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1030673760&ref=list

as is Kagami...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1028128360&ref=list

Konata is available from eBay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCKY-STAR-Macross-F-Frontier-KONATA-Cosplay-Figure-of-Alto-Saotome-Banpresto/192472260791

As for the valkyries, I got them from an eBay buy shop...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Banpresto-Japan-Macross-Frontier-Lucky-Star-VF-25-Messiah-Set-of-4-MIB-Robotech-/162603875944

Nice, thanks!

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I cosplayed a little bit during my high school and undergrad years. Some of us from MIT would dress up for Anime Boston, Halloween, and some themed parties.

But, other than wearing kigurumis as pajamas at home or some other costume to spice things up in bed, I have not really cosplayed in public since graduating.

Nope... not married. But dating.

Winning!

36 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My first duplicate HMR arrived, the VF-1S Strike Roy, with a special stage that did not come with my first Roy?

image.png.b705f23b2b1851f53788da17df31f3b4.png

Roy was a web exclusive that came a special stand. If yours didn't include it then the previous owner lost it or kept it for themselves. 

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

OMG... where have these been all my life?

FIGURE-038898.jpg

FIGURE-038897.jpg

I like the cat powered suits. The dog reminds me of the Rick & Morty episode where dogs took over the world. 

34 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My first duplicate HMR arrived, the VF-1S Strike Roy, with a special stage that did not come with my first Roy?

From no HMR, Toynami was good enough to having an HMR collection that puts many to shame in a matter of weeks. Impresive, most impressive. 

That stand was a pack in exclusive that was supposed to come with Roy's 1S. Since it was packed separately, before they figured how to pack together like in M&M, some sellers did not include the stand for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Roy was a web exclusive that came a special stand. If yours didn't include it then the previous owner lost it or kept it for themselves. 

I like the cat powered suits. The dog reminds me of the Rick & Morty episode where dogs took over the world. 

*clenches fist and shouts out to the heavens* MANDARAKE!!!! Why no stand?!

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

From no HMR, Toynami was good enough to having an HMR collection that puts many to shame in a matter of weeks. Impresive, most impressive. 

That stand was a pack in exclusive that was supposed to come with Roy's 1S. Since it was packed separately, before they figured how to pack together like in M&M, some sellers did not include the stand for whatever reason. 

*cough cough* You are witnessing the evolution of a Macross toy collector before your very eyes *whistles innocently*

I actually don't mind the Toynami 1/100 scale toys. I don't think I'd want to touch their earlier releases, but wave 6 releases onward seem decent to me for their price. I am pretty anxious for BBTS to ship me the 3 GBP set, but am waiting for the Kakizaki VF-1A pre-order to come out so that they can all be shipped together. 

But I have to admit, the HMRs have more heft to them and feel a more sturdy... except for their feet, which always feel loose to me. I was originally going to avoid the HMRs, until I discovered they had released the Elintseeker and were going to do the Ostrich. With no Toynami counterparts, I decided to dive into the deep, deep pool of quicksand known as HMR. *sigh*

56 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*clenches fist and shouts out to the heavens* MANDARAKE!!!! Why no stand?!

I'm sure some Japanese dude has it in his apartment, holding up a Gundam or something. :)

BTW you have a link to the kitty powered armor? 

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'm sure some Japanese dude has it in his apartment, holding up a Gundam or something. :)

BTW you have a link to the kitty powered armor? 

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-038897&page=top

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-038898&page=top

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Not all HMR Roys came with the stand. From what I recall, the stand was included for anyone who preordered Roy's 1S (which was a Tamashii exclusive) by a certain early date. So if you didn't PO by then, you wouldn't get the stand. And I'm pretty sure there was originally a larger shipping box that Bandai created to hold both the valk and the stand. 

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Nice, sh9000! :good: Next thing we know you’re gonna pose everyone like this. :wub:

3DE4B0ED-1243-4804-8098-C00B94D51EB8.jpeg.41f95a57b4786813d6f2b9ad12eb7c29.jpeg

Thanks!  Yeah that would be cool.  If Hasbro makes a Professor X with hoverchair or an updated Storm and Iceman I’d buy them and be ok with what I already have for the rest of the figures in the lineup.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

1038404F-74CE-4A13-B1BF-4A1B512DC437.thumb.jpeg.db5a2f9b2c38275f0a9bb8744e8c17a4.jpeg

There were two releases of HMR VF-1S Roy.  One with the stand and one without.

5 hours ago, Saburo said:

Latest arrival.

F401191E-A933-4FCB-A4AD-21D25068C4C3.thumb.jpeg.47a58c9e9b6771c3266d6fdd0dec2444.jpeg

Congrats.

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Congrats.  See above.