Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

8 hours ago, ZorClone said:

Little bit of Trek TOS goodness

fullsizeoutput_3a1.jpeg

Looks great! Should try painting the windows on the Enterprise with a white paint marker. Makes it look much better and less... abandoned. :) 

Also, as much as I like the illuminated windows, if you think about it, in order for the windows to be that bright white on a ship, the inside must look like this:

tapestry_01.jpg.9575c58bf522c757c9b5b62ed6d8af2e.jpg

:lol:

21 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

The QA is really only part of the weirdness, sadly.  Some releases have been very nice, like the Excelsior and ST VI Klingon BoP, but the design, assembly, and painting have been all over the map on some others.  I only display the TOS 1701 facing one way because the screw plugs on the right side are so ugly and huge, and the materials and lighting used on the TWOK 1701 are massively problematic, because the whole hull of the ship lights up from the plastic being so transparent, and the lights being obnoxiously bright... except for the deflector array and impulse engines, because those were painted black. :rolleyes: 

I have the 1701A and it's just fine, luckily it seems. Since I see there is an E I've been debating on getting it, but my mantle is getting crowded.

On 3/7/2018 at 4:08 PM, sh9000 said:

AD14D5A4-123B-4C9D-ACAA-DF4DA3BBA56C.thumb.jpeg.0ed4969c76eb8ee56c8d70d6d5955a3c.jpeg

EF7EFBE4-E51E-4E41-BD90-AC5CBC2FC380.thumb.jpeg.dc105a6631b790fc3638a85e4ba48ca7.jpeg

The Marvel Legends Ghost Rider and Avengers Infinity War Iron Spider and Iron Man were ordered from amazon for a total of $1.09 after tax shipped.

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

6EC78F46-6FEA-434C-8564-39171694D3D4.thumb.jpeg.485f72841a774835c1583381d8ff53d9.jpeg

6228C911-C387-4DEC-A36C-359E3939839D.thumb.jpeg.62d653e6c6531095ef4333b513ae0ffc.jpeg

The 37” DCC BTAS Batwing was ordered during a BBTS markdown.

The 2 Marvel Legends Cables, X-Force Deadpool, and another Deadpool were ordered from TRU with their BOGO 50% off sale.

Good deals.

Isn't that the Sentinels which was offered at TRU a few years back (or not)?

Just acquired this three hours ago after re-formatting my Detolf of selected TFs and used the credit for this. Thinking of getting another 1/6th figure later this year. :D   

DSC00747.jpg

18 hours ago, borgified said:

15 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Those look like the Sentinel BAF from the Toybiz Marvel legends line. I used to have 3 before I sold them off.

Yeah they’re the Toybiz Marvel Legends BAF Sentinels.  They still display well next to both 6” or 3.75” Marvel figures.

CF8ED455-00CD-48C2-A616-D07B28E26AE1.thumb.jpeg.c1edcf217d124f9995feba1f0f825cb0.jpeg

Opened up Deadpool.  I can’t wait to get my Domino and X-23.  Also have a spare Marvel Legends Archangel that I’ll paint in Uncanny X-Force colors.

20 minutes ago, F360 said:

nice group shot.  I think you're missing the Exia repair and the OO Raiser to complete the family.^_^ 

Let's see... Exia, Exia R1, 00 Raiser, Exia R2, 00 Raiser GN Condenser Version, then 00 Quanta... then 00 Quanta ELS Version? And that's just the animated ones. Exia R3 and Avalanche, 00 SS/G, Quanta Full Saber, the Astraeas too... He'll never complete the family! :D

On ‎2018‎/‎03‎/‎11 at 2:08 AM, borgified said:

Just acquired this three hours ago after re-formatting my Detolf of selected TFs and used the credit for this. Thinking of getting another 1/6th figure later this year. :D   

DSC00747.jpg

These 1/6 figs will be coming in waves for me throughout the year. Who can resist the Galactic Empire? :p

14 hours ago, sh9000 said:

CF8ED455-00CD-48C2-A616-D07B28E26AE1.thumb.jpeg.c1edcf217d124f9995feba1f0f825cb0.jpeg

Opened up Deadpool.  I can’t wait to get my Domino and X-23.  Also have a spare Marvel Legends Archangel that I’ll paint in Uncanny X-Force colors.

These figures in black the remind me of the current Marvel Comic title: Weapon X in where Wolvie (Old Man Logan), X-23, Warpath, Lady Deathstrike, Sabertooth and Domino team up and go against other members of the rebooted Weapon X project. I haven't had an opportunity to pick up the TPBs of the storyline (or read it online) yet; however from what I heard, it got very good reviews.

Note: What was Marvel Legends thinking while doing Psylocke? It's looks like that they didn't give much thought on her as the suit looks terrible when you first look at it. It doesn't look like a one piece cat suit/bathing suit for that matter.. :blink:

4 hours ago, Podtastic said:

These 1/6 figs will be coming in waves for me throughout the year. Who can resist the Galactic Empire? :p

I actually have planned another 1/6th figure. Not the Galactic Empire per se, it's actually from a comic book series that was done by an Eisner winner. I'm in a conversation with a member from the One Sixth Warrior forums and she is a Macross fan as well. As the quote by Emgo's wife (Loriplan) on her YouTube channel goes: "Girls can be geeks too".  :lol:   

7 hours ago, borgified said:

These figures in black the remind me of the current Marvel Comic title: Weapon X in where Wolvie (Old Man Logan), X-23, Warpath, Lady Deathstrike, Sabertooth and Domino team up and go against other members of the rebooted Weapon X project. I haven't had an opportunity to pick up the TPBs of the storyline (or read it online) yet; however from what I heard, it got very good reviews.

Note: What was Marvel Legends thinking while doing Psylocke? It's looks like that they didn't give much thought on her as the suit looks terrible when you first look at it. It doesn't look like a one piece cat suit/bathing suit for that matter.. :blink:

The Uncanny X-Force comics and newest Weapon X series are good.  I would love a figure of that Lady Deathstrike or Hulk from Weapon X.  I don’t mind that Psylocke’s costume looks painted on.

50 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wooo nice pickup. I love the 1/48 VF-1A variants. I have to pull mine out of the box some day :)

Yeah, all the new 1/60 stuff (some, not so new) is cool and I like all those too but the 1/48 Yamato Valks are really simple and special, especially with all the variants they made. I will try to get one or two more and then I think my 1/48 collection will be complete.