Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

15 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

So happy to finally have dancouga!!!  The kotobukiya led swords are awesome, I'm differently gonna have to order more.

IMG_20180306_183604.jpg

Oh man congrats on Dancouga!! I got mine last October and it is truly amazing! It poses better than a Revoltech, just be careful when handling the shoulder joints. Apparently there were some problems with the shoulders breaking on some and Sentinel issued some tips on how to avoid any problems. 

https://ameblo.jp/sen-ti-nel-info/entry-12051167447.html

56 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Oh man congrats on Dancouga!! I got mine last October and it is truly amazing! It poses better than a Revoltech, just be careful when handling the shoulder joints. Apparently there were some problems with the shoulders breaking on some and Sentinel issued some tips on how to avoid any problems. 

https://ameblo.jp/sen-ti-nel-info/entry-12051167447.html

Hey thanks for the link. Do you have have black wing as well? I'm kinda on the fence about it.

21 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Hey thanks for the link. Do you have have black wing as well? I'm kinda on the fence about it.

I do! Funny enough Black Wing is what got me to buy the whole thing :lol: At TFCon USA this past September there was a Flame Toys (aka Sentinel) booth and they had Black Wings on sale for 50 bucks! I picked it up just cause it was cheap but it turned out to be good and then i was forced to get a Dancouga and i have no regrets. It looks really good with Black Wing mounted on the back but Black Wing by itself is also a really nice figure. Highly recommend it. 

I also got the up-scaled Eagle Fighter but that one is just ok, get it only if you can get find it for around $50-70. 

17 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

So happy to finally have dancouga!!!  The kotobukiya led swords are awesome, I'm differently gonna have to order more.

IMG_20180306_183604.jpg

Dancouga is one of the best pieces I've ever owned. Congrats!

sharing some love.

image-3.png

Edited by Kuma Style

1 hour ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Hey kuma, I noticed you don't have the gigabrain ova dancouga. We're you not a fan of that one?

Nope; not the case! Just haven't picked it up yet. Recently got the Studio half eye dancouga so looking at the rest of what I need and kind of prioritizing. The Giga abd Revoltech are two I know I need but just trying to compile a list before jumping in and finishing. 

The goal is to have a full Dancouga museo detolf with toys, DVDs etc. 

On 3/5/2018 at 5:46 PM, ArchieNov said:

Thanks for the confirmation. I tried twisting the torso again on mine and while it squeaks/creaks a lot, it’s no longer popping off. Maybe the ball joint just wasn’t properly seated in the factory, and after I reconnected mine it’s now a better fit.

I can use the smaller connector if I make the stance wider or bend the legs, but it’s not long enough for my standing pose. Honestly, I don’t think they needed to include the smaller connector. I would have been happier if they gave us a Stoner Sunshine effect part instead.

No problem! :D A Stoner Sunshine effect would have been great. Everyone that got a Shin Getter should email Sentinel requesting an option set for effects and proper weapons. 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

You got the SDCC pack?

I already have that Uncanny X-Force set from a while back.  Just got some doubles.

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Out of curiosity, does Iron Spider figure comes with iron legs?

No which kind of sucks but I’m sure someone on Toyark will probably make some.

Everyone seems to be looking for the extra legs/claws on the Iron Spider suit, but does the movie version actually have them? I didn’t see any in the trailer, and from what I’ve seen from the MCU they don’t always conform to the content in the comics.

Edited by ArchieNov

36 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Everyone seems to be looking for the extra legs/claws on the Iron Spider suit, but does the movie version actually have them? I didn’t see any in the trailer, and from what I’ve seen from the MCU they don’t always conform to the content in the comics.

Thor had two eyes in all of the Ragnarok trailers too.  The number of stones in Thanos' glove has changed between the same scene in the trailers too.  Marvel does purposely leave out details from their trailers.    There's also the confusing fact the Lego and Minimates versions of the movie suit both include four sets of mechanical arms like from the comic.  And we've also seen the Mk 50 armor has extra flight bits on the back of it thanks to Hot Toys but Hasbro and Bandai have left them off of their figures.  There's every indication Hasbro cheaped out (and will very likely release an overpriced two-pack down the line) in order to correct it. 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So, uh, did anyone else preorder all the Infinity War Figuarts figures? :unknw:

What I could, I forgot they went up so I missed out on Thanos. Got Tony, Cap, and blonde Widow, may cancel Cap and Widow though. Not a fan of the blonde Widow look, and if Cap doesn't come with his new Wakanda shield from the trailers then Bandai really half-assed it. Passing on Hulkbuster, I have the Age of Ultron one, good enough for me.

11 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

What I could, I forgot they went up so I missed out on Thanos. Got Tony, Cap, and blonde Widow, may cancel Cap and Widow though. Not a fan of the blonde Widow look, and if Cap doesn't come with his new Wakanda shield from the trailers then Bandai really half-assed it. Passing on Hulkbuster, I have the Age of Ultron one, good enough for me.

Bandai, half-ass a toy release? Surely you jest! 

Thanos sold out pretty fast everywhere. I think I got the last one in all of Japan, since it immediately went sold out after my order and I couldn't find another open preorder. 

Still available at bbts with only a small markup... as opposed to the ridiculous markups on the rest of the Avengers. 

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Brand=2085&Company=81

Got the Romulan BoP (Thanks for that heads up! It's awesome!) and my first ever Black Series figures, with a few more on the way.  Had to finally get the Rebels figures now that the show is over (sniffle) I just hope they finish the whole cast.

Dj%N4+opT+2aeQU4khqu1A.jpg

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So, uh, did anyone else preorder all the Infinity War Figuarts figures? :unknw:

Just the two 'IRON' dudes for me. ^_^

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I preordered Iron Man and Spidey.  Only other figure i'll get when its released is Hulkbuster.

Hey Anubis. You think a Bruce Banner figure or bust will be included if they make the Hulkbuster MK2?

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/10/640x335/gallery-1520336715-mark-ruffalo-bruce-banner-wakanda-hulkbuster-avengers-infinity-war.jpg

54 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

There's gonna be a new Hulkbuster!?

No figure announcement yet. But yes, it was on the trailer for a mere second.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/48/768x317/gallery-1511974471-hulkbuster.jpg

2 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

I picked up an opened titans return fort max and I bought the add on kit by dna for the feet and crotch upgrade. Looks awesome. I just need the hand upgrade with the chest cannons.

C996325C-EC46-47CE-B437-E6E80FCE46DF.jpeg

This is the best picture I've seen of the new Max, period.

2 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

@ZorClone  That is awesome..   Diamonds QA on these ships is all over the place.   I have both the HD 1701 and the TOS Bird of Prey..   I have yet to take the BOP out of the box but your picture makes me want to setup a display shelf. 

The QA is really only part of the weirdness, sadly.  Some releases have been very nice, like the Excelsior and ST VI Klingon BoP, but the design, assembly, and painting have been all over the map on some others.  I only display the TOS 1701 facing one way because the screw plugs on the right side are so ugly and huge, and the materials and lighting used on the TWOK 1701 are massively problematic, because the whole hull of the ship lights up from the plastic being so transparent, and the lights being obnoxiously bright... except for the deflector array and impulse engines, because those were painted black. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal