Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 2/17/2018 at 9:12 PM, Bahamutzyro said:

Picked up an x transbots trailbreaker. I must say I’m pretty happy with it. Also got a prime Orion masterpiece prime. Really nicely done.

5607D1D9-B68B-4065-A5A6-8D9032291F84.jpeg

Nice collection!

Ooh finally someone has one.  My metalbuild Mazinger is on the way from N-Y.  How do you like it?  Are the hands articulated?  I must admit I have never seen Mazinger Z in it's original form, only saw it as a kid on US tv as "Transzor Z" but I still totally fell in love with it.

1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

Ooh finally someone has one.  My metalbuild Mazinger is on the way from N-Y.  How do you like it?  Are the hands articulated?  I must admit I have never seen Mazinger Z in it's original form, only saw it as a kid on US tv as "Transzor Z" but I still totally fell in love with it.

The hands aren’t articulated. Just 3 pairs of swappable hands.

The engineering itself is very reminiscent of Sentinel’s (Riobot) designs. In fact, if you didn’t know it was Bandai, one might mistake it for a Sentinel figure because of all the moving panels, translucent pieces, and aesthetic (though the latter is due to the design in the movie). However, the execution is still not as good as Sentinel’s because sometimes the panels get caught up between the other moving parts (it rarely happens, but something to watch out for lest you break it).

The joints are VERY stiff out of the box. It takes quite a bit of force to get things moving at first. But again, be careful that nothing is obstructing the articulation or else you may break something by mistake. And there are some things which I think can move, but are so stiff that maybe I’m wrong. But when I look at the opposing side, the orientation is a little different so I'm almost sure it should move. Don’t want to risk it yet.

I might be wrong, but it feels just as heavy (or a little heavier) than the Riobot Mazinkaiser, despite being smaller.

Lastly, I haven’t tried all the accessories and options yet, but I’m having difficulty getting the scrander belt to clip together on Mazinger. It clips together just fine when it’s off him, so not sure what’s preventing it when it’s on him. 

All in all, it’s a good figure. Anyone who bought it will generally be happy with it.

Edited by ArchieNov

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just arrived Via HLJ!! My first new Macross book in years! :D

IMG_0841.JPG

What a lovely book. :wub:

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

If it is a Metal Build, Riobot or SOC, I will.

3 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Wasn't a Metal Build prototype already shown? I probably won't get it because it isn't to scale so I can't display it beside my Mazinger or Mazinkaiser.

Yeah. I shared TagHobby's post on a pic of the prototype in the Mazinger Z Infinity thread. I'm curious if anyone here will get it if it gets produced. ;)

Got a package in from BBTS last Friday, I've been miserable and sick for about a week now so I never bothered opening it. First thing I dove in to was Deathstroke the Terminator, and I am VERY impressed, since Superman or even Red Arrow Mezco seems to have gotten the message about the importance of ankle tilt, this guy is fantastic! The sculpt is pretty beautiful in my opinion, a mix of some of the more modern "armored" looks, the paint apps are very clean as usual, I love the unmasked Slade head. The DBZ guys are great, I said I wouldn't bother with the B team but here we are, Bandai just needs to announce a new or special color Krillin and I will be happy.

20180220_195602.thumb.jpg.d8addeb4fb8532bc5af136a125e96196.jpg

20180220_195915.thumb.jpg.977c24e2b1b6f1cf698b80c53431500f.jpg

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Thanks! I don’t collect very many TFs but here is one more TF that arrived. Maketoys Thunder Manus x Divine Armor (R)

B557FEFA-C605-469F-8D84-FC447ABAF846.thumb.jpeg.87ceea905589b0b686a27cb5c13554d4.jpeg

I actually find that Thunder Magnus is more aesthically closer to the G1 version of the C-310 release. The new TT Legends God Ginrai release doesn't even make the cut. 

Note to add: Is there anyone pre-ordering the SOC Dragon Caesar? 

Edited by borgified

This came today. F-14B Jolly Rogers by Calibre Wings. The amount of details on this (and other rival companies) is astounding. I wish Arcadia could do the same amount of tampo prints on their VF-1. Here's some sneak peeks :

IMG_20180220_203539.jpg.0d38fdc95172fdef9df7e5fbde159b71.jpgIMG_20180220_232011.jpg.617f4cf112f5162b8f6be494add263fe.jpgIMG_20180220_231806.jpg.8c4dd046e7cd7d349a8994b85c3fa7b0.jpg

Edited by aaajin

5 hours ago, aaajin said:

This came today. F-14B Jolly Rogers by Calibre Wings. The amount of details on this (and other rival companies) is astounding. I wish Arcadia could do the same amount of tampo prints on their VF-1. Here's some sneak peeks :

IMG_20180220_203539.jpg.0d38fdc95172fdef9df7e5fbde159b71.jpgIMG_20180220_232011.jpg.617f4cf112f5162b8f6be494add263fe.jpgIMG_20180220_231806.jpg.8c4dd046e7cd7d349a8994b85c3fa7b0.jpg

Hey aaajin, could you please post a photo of the bottom screw holes to see if it can be taken apart for a custom paint job? 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Wow, still my favourite Squadron marking and one of my favourite Aircrafts. Don't remember how many Jolly Roger F14s I have built. But this ones details are really awesome. Want it too :angry:

It seems like the details on diecast pre assembled jet fighter models are pretty standard across many companies. Wish Arcadia could afford the same amount of details, with panel lines & more tampo prints, as standard.

1 hour ago, Pulltoeject said:

Hey aaajin, could you please post a photo of the bottom screw holes to see if it can be taken apart for a custom paint job? 

Thanks!

Will do when I have time this weekend. 

EDIT: Pictures from online diecast aircraft forum :

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/military-model-aircraft/261154-calibre-wings-f-14b-tomcat-vf-103-jolly-rogers-ca721401.html#/topics/261154?page=1

Notice in the thread people mentioned there were some glitches on the earlier releases (uneven edges near glove vanes & incorrect machine gun panel) which fortunately did not occur on mine. 

I read some reviews before jumping in when flyingmule had it on sale on top of another sale (they've "corrected" it to a single sale now, sadly). It's indeed a beautiful model.

Interesting facts : BlackAces/Noel who's a prominent member on MW forum in the earlier days is part of the company (Calibre Wings). Theyve also acquired "Robo-you-know-what" license to produce VF-1 variants of the F-14's (Roy 1S & Hikaru 1J), which you can also search on MW forum.

Edited by aaajin