Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 2/2/2018 at 10:03 PM, Alex GS said:

Finally I have  Megatron!, and is the new version :D

The detail and size is effing great!, so damn happy with this figure! :D

If you don't mind me asking, did you get this shipped to the USA and if so how did you get one without an orange plug?

On 2/5/2018 at 2:59 PM, derex3592 said:

Eaglemoss sent me the USS Aventime... for my money, the most gorgeous star ship I've seen in a long time... this should be the next Enterprise design after E... very good model, all tampo is spot on and engines are straight. Great detail other than the plain blue deflector dish, but that's a nitpick really... 

20180204_215334.jpg

20180204_215351.jpg

20180204_215411.jpg

20180204_215429.jpg

20180204_215853.jpg

hmmm, that is rather nice isn't it! And I'm curious about this "slipstream drive" and its benefits/advantages.. might have to go do some googling!

@spanner: The Voyager episode titled: "Hope and Fear" with USS Dauntless had a slipstream warp drive capability maybe of use to you. ;) So in short, Captain Ezri Dax (from her humble beginnings from DS9) as has the first Federation ship that has a Quantum slipstream warp drive capability.

When I hear Quantum Slipstream drive, my mind goes back to the old T.V. show: Quantum Leap in where Scott Bakula had to go back in history and correct historical errors in the timeline (this way before he was cast as Captain Archer for the Enterprise NX-01 series).

17 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

The Kurogane Finish Big O is gorgeous. I love mine, but I haven't taken any pictures of it.

Gonna open it this weekend. Need to make space for it again in the Detolf. I never put away Figma Roger Smith in anticipation of this release :lol:

7 hours ago, borgified said:

@spanner: The Voyager episode titled: "Hope and Fear" with USS Dauntless had a slipstream warp drive capability maybe of use to you. ;) So in short, Captain Ezri Dax (from her humble beginnings from DS9) as has the first Federation ship that has a Quantum slipstream warp drive capability.

When I hear Quantum Slipstream drive, my mind goes back to the old T.V. show: Quantum Leap in where Scott Bakula had to go back in history and correct historical errors in the timeline (this way before he was cast as Captain Archer for the Enterprise NX-01 series).

They also use it in the episode "Timeless" where it kills the entire Voyager crew except for Harry and someone else I can't remember because Voyager is that unmemorable. It was one of the better Voyager episodes though.

Was hoping for 15% but I guess 5% is okay too. Too bad most everything I have on preorder currently is Order Stop.

5a7c99711ab86_hljcoupon.jpg.0297ff93cf5dc9c4cb43d8c5b3c584fe.jpg

15 hours ago, ZorClone said:

If you don't mind me asking, did you get this shipped to the USA and if so how did you get one without an orange plug?

I know you were asking Alex, but I also recently received the Megatron re-issue. I purchased it from NY specifically to ensure it would not come with the orange plug.

Hmm.. The Eaglemoss Shenzhou caught me eye (and no I have not seen any of the Discovery episodes even if I wanted to). Just a thought: I wonder if the Borg Collective will make a re-appearance in this series as TNG, Voyager and Enterprise had them in various episodes (more in TNG and Voyager).

Did the writers/directors in Star Trek purposely name the ship after a place in China of the said name?

As for the Quantum Slipstream warp drive as @Loliconmentioned, make sure that don't you kill yourself in the process when warping into subspace folds..

Edit: Added more detail from original post.  

Edited by borgified

Well... The first NCC-1701 was a bit bland as the franchise got started in the '60s as the special effects was no way near to the standards of now. The Constitution class Enterprise was the forerunner for the other ships in the Star Fleet lineup.

12 minutes ago, borgified said:

Well... The first NCC-1701 was a bit bland as the franchise got started in the '60s as the special effects was no way near to the standards of now. The Constitution class Enterprise was the forerunner for the other ships in the Star Fleet lineup.

This isn't the first 1701.  It's the Phase 2 version.

It's consistent with the details (or lack of) from all the Enterprise Phase 2 images I've seen, i.e. lack of aztec mottling, more like the 1960s Enterprise.

Now the refit Enterprise they released awhile back was also missing surface details, and that I would consider a mistake, which they corrected on the A release.

phase_ii_1701-007.jpg.903cb23eca921124196776e3961f06e5.jpg

Yes, I bought the J when it came it, it's like an ugly duckling kind of thing, I just have fun thinking about how gigantic and cool it is in universe and have fun imagining all the cool tech stuff that would be on board.  Basically a city in a ship.  I know there's not much love for it, but it's SO far out of left field I kind of dig it.

20170310_170450.jpg

Edited by derex3592
added pic

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I’ve considered getting the J because it’s so wtf. It is funny when people complain about the spindly pylons, then you scale it with other ships and realize they’re thicker than the Enterprise-D.

So? If you scale a VF-31 with yourself, you realize the arms are thicker than yours. They're still spindly looking.

I don't like the J because it's an all around ugly ship. Also, Enterprise-J just sounds so corny. Like movie sequels that drop the numbers after enough sequels, you can drop the lettering. :p

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

So? If you scale a VF-31 with yourself, you realize the arms are thicker than yours. They're still spindly looking.

I don't like the J because it's an all around ugly ship. Also, Enterprise-J just sounds so corny. Like movie sequels that drop the numbers after enough sequels, you can drop the lettering. :p

I’ve never been a fan of Doug Drexlers designs. Also the 31’s arms are fine.

replacement Voyager XL came in from Eaglemoss with almost the exact same printing problems with the windows.  Pretty ridiculous.  Guess I'll call them on Monday and ask what the deal is and if I can ever expect a product in this line that will actually have QA.