Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 1/29/2018 at 1:58 PM, spanner said:

Pre-ordered this a while back at amiami and it just arrived. AUTOart Lexus LC500. Being resin (or composite as they call it) instead of diecast so it's a little lighter in weight but it's so beautifully built and the attention to detail is fantastic! The paintwork is just gorgeous! Very impressed and pleased with this purchase! And to think on several occasions I nearly cancelled this order! So glad I didn't!

20180129_143820.jpg

Sweet ride, Spanner. Does it come in leather? ^_^ 

14 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

はいはい、そうです。

Either way, VF-1S Roy Strike is my favorite VF-1.

No worries, man. I also have two of those 'loose' figures. Planning on making a custom scheme on one. The only reason I bought  before is because of the Super/Strike Packs. ;)

10 hours ago, erizai said:

By the way, is Mafex scaled to Figuarts?

Not 100%. Some of them looks good with each other. Some don't.

But as for the Figuarts Bale Batman and Mafex Heath Joker. If you look closely again on the pic posted by Anubis. Joker's head is in-line with Batman's ear tip which means Joker is a little bit taller than Batman. But, for overall they look good together.

2BCEE35F-3C0B-4C0E-BD7F-094C3AA963AC.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

34 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Did the original HM line come with the TV-style missile clusters, or just the boxes and reaction warheads?

Original HM VF are all DYRL based so no TV style missiles. However, on the HM-R releases, the ones that came with the TV style missiles are the single VF-1J release, the GBP VF-1J, Messer's VF-1S, and the cannon fodder VF-1A. The rest are have the DYRL release including both Max's and Millia's VF-1J.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Original HM VF are all DYRL based so no TV style missiles. However, on the HM-R releases, the ones that came with the TV style missiles are the single VF-1J release, the GBP VF-1J, Messer's VF-1S, and the cannon fodder VF-1A. The rest are have the DYRL release including both Max's and Millia's VF-1J.

This is why I bought a three each of Hikaru's 1J, the CF, and a pair of Messers.  Between all of them, I've got plenty of spare TV missiles to go around. :)  The boxy missiles just look goofy in fighter mode without super packs.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

This is why I bought a three each of Hikaru's 1J, the CF, and a pair of Messers.  Between all of them, I've got plenty of spare TV missiles to go around. :)  The boxy missiles just look goofy in fighter mode without super packs.

Here I was thinking that you have spare Valks since you probably bought those sets only for the TV Missiles since most sets that comes with the Strike/Super Parts doesn't have the TV Missiles. ^_^ 

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Good thinking, I ought to pull out the TV missiles from my Messer's and stick them on the Roy's VF-1S, since both the boxes and reaction missiles look silly without the super/strike packs.

15 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I have that one too. I like it way better than the HMR version, which is more grayish 

Yeah I like the HM VF-1S as my TV VF-1S. The pilot can be easily swapped for a TV Hikaru or custom TV Roy pilot.  Also put some 1/100 TV arm armor on it, put on some kite stickers on the Super Parts, and you get a TV Super VF-1S.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No worries, man. I also have two of those 'loose' figures. Planning on making a custom scheme on one. The only reason I bought  before is because of the Super/Strike Packs. ;)

I have one in Fighter mode and another in Battroid mode.  I might still make a custom Jetfire scheme out of one of them.  What custom scheme are you planning?

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Yep plenty of spare TV missiles from the multiple HM VF-1J Max’s and HMR VF-1J Hikaru’s.  I can equip the HM VF-1S and HMR VF-1J Max and Milia and still have extras.

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Here I was thinking that you have spare Valks since you probably bought those sets only for the TV Missiles since most sets that comes with the Strike/Super Parts doesn't have the TV Missiles. ^_^ 

Technically you're not wrong.  Though, I also plan to mix and match assorted parts across all the variants, in different modes.  I've also got enough spare canopies to never use the tinted blue ones that came with the Hikaru 1Js.

On the other hand, now I'm realizing I wish I had three each of the M&Ms so I could do plain and fast-packed fighter displays, along with a battroid pose.  :lol: 

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

He should've asked a different question. :rolleyes:

But I love that candy apple red on that car. ^_^ 

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

CC55C1DC-1880-4C80-AE7E-FC8C8330C626.thumb.jpeg.9458c6333c96f2cfb2ff7287d078e119.jpeg

Nice! :good: ;) 

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Technically you're not wrong.  Though, I also plan to mix and match assorted parts across all the variants, in different modes.  I've also got enough spare canopies to never use the tinted blue ones that came with the Hikaru 1Js.

On the other hand, now I'm realizing I wish I had three each of the M&Ms so I could do plain and fast-packed fighter displays, along with a battroid pose.  :lol: 

Speaking of canopies, are you willing to sell one of them extra blue ones? ;) 

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

He should've asked a different question. :rolleyes:

LOL! Though yes it does.. 

9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

@spanner that paint job on these cars are top notch, I wish someday we have metallic paint for our macross toys too

They are indeed! Other than a small paint chip on the leading edge of the extendable rear wing which was only tiny anyways the paintwork is basically flawless. The metallic fleck is so uniform throughout and no signs of dirt or runs anywhere. My only real gripe with the model is the seat belts which are plastic rather than a fabric type material. <_<

Also the carbon weave on the roof panel is a single direction rather than converging on the center line but this does match the actual car so I'm not going to make a fuss about that. But it would have been nice if the weave met in the middle. Surprising that Lexus didn't do that..? Especially for the asking price of the car.:unknw:

11 minutes ago, spanner said:

Also the carbon weave on the roof panel is a single direction rather than converging on the center line but this does match the actual car so I'm not going to make a fuss about that. But it would have been nice if the weave met in the middle. Surprising that Lexus didn't do that..? Especially for the asking price of the car.:unknw:

(Puts on engineer hat)

It's stronger the way they have it, you want alternating uni- or bi- directional layers when laying composite. Doing a seam of two different directions meeting in the middle creates stress concentrations.

On 2/1/2018 at 1:19 AM, no3Ljm said:

Not 100%. Some of them looks good with each other. Some don't.

But as for the Figuarts Bale Batman and Mafex Heath Joker. If you look closely again on the pic posted by Anubis. Joker's head is in-line with Batman's ear tip which means Joker is a little bit taller than Batman. But, for overall they look good together.

Nice, thanks for the answer, sourcing a joker now, lol

can't really find a good one to date, think mafex did pretty well on joker.

I needed a new desk something for my office.... Eaglemoss are just to small, So.. Diamond Select Toys Enterprise E with lights and sound. With Amazon  points rewards, $35 out the door.  Now.. let me say this.. there's no WAY I'd ever pay full asking price for this, but for half price, it's really not bad at all. I couldn't make a model look this good for $35.  The tampo printing is 99%perfect.  The lights and sound, well, they are what they are,  bright LED's and the little speaker isn't terrible. I'm slowly filling in ALL the windows and some panel lines with Flory's to give it a little more detail. 

20180202_150833.jpg

20180202_150843.jpg

I may post pics later.  Right now I'm irritated.

I got a Eaglemosss big scale TOS Enterprise.  Directly out of the box the deflector dish fell off.  Also, while examining it, I noticed the starboard bussard collector has something wrong with it.  It looks slightly mismolded on the bottom and the color isn't consistent.  

I'm basically just bitching right now.  I don't intend to return the ship.  I don't want to deal with the hassle.  I'm just going to take my lumps and move on.  And I've already repaired the deflector with some superglue.  Of course, that revealed the central spike of the deflector dish is molded crooked.  I'm very disappointed.  My first impression is that my little Corgi Enterprise is better.

Crap.  I just noticed something else.  The starboard nacelle is ever so slightly tilted inboard.

I'm glad now that I only ordered this ship.  I had originally intended to order the D and the E along with it, but I reserved myself to only check out the TOS and go from there.  I won't be ordering the D or E now.  I also won't be ordering any of the smaller ships.  I may give them another chance on a mega scale Constitution Refit, but otherwise I've been given a negative impression of the Eaglemoss product.

Derex, maybe I should have just ordered a Diamond Select Nemesis Enterprise E.  I'm not a fan of the E, but I bought the original release of the ship ages ago and it has sort of grown on me.  In pics the Nemesis re-release looks like a good upgrade.

I totally hear you on Eaglemoss, I have almost pulled the trigger SOOO many times on the XL ships, but after watching reviews online and reading people's reactions, I'm not going down that road.  Sorry to hear about your TOS Enterprise, that really sucks. I have been fortunate with most of the little ST ships, although QC is a huge problem with this company!! It's a shame!  Could be SO good! :mellow:

15 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I needed a new desk something for my office.... Eaglemoss are just to small, So.. Diamond Select Toys Enterprise E with lights and sound. With Amazon  points rewards, $35 out the door.  Now.. let me say this.. there's no WAY I'd ever pay full asking price for this, but for half price, it's really not bad at all. I couldn't make a model look this good for $35.  The tampo printing is 99%perfect.  The lights and sound, well, they are what they are,  bright LED's and the little speaker isn't terrible. I'm slowly filling in ALL the windows and some panel lines with Flory's to give it a little more detail. 

20180202_150833.jpg

20180202_150843.jpg

oh my goodness! that is gorgeous! I want this! 

I was having a look at these Starships on Amazon and ebay, they are very cool but what annoys me is they aren't to scale with each other. I wouldn't want to have an Enterprise A on display the same size as a Enterprise E or D.. it just wouldn't look right. So my next question is, are there any Enterprise starship models/toys that are to scale with each other?

24 minutes ago, spanner said:

I was having a look at these Starships on Amazon and ebay, they are very cool but what annoys me is they aren't to scale with each other. I wouldn't want to have an Enterprise A on display the same size as a Enterprise E or D.. it just wouldn't look right. So my next question is, are there any Enterprise starship models/toys that are to scale with each other?

The only ones I'm aware of are the AMT 3 piece model sets. They were 1/2500 scale. There have been multiple sets released over the years which included all the Enterprises. Here's a couple I quickly found on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Round-Star-Trek-Motion-Pictures/dp/B008M6TQ8G/ref=pd_cp_21_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B008M6TQ8G&pd_rd_r=AD54S2MGYV5958FGX7DA&pd_rd_w=M3GxT&pd_rd_wg=aOr7b&psc=1&refRID=AD54S2MGYV5958FGX7DA

https://www.amazon.com/Round-Enterprise-NCC1701-1701A-1701B/dp/B002UX2M9W/ref=pd_cp_21_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B002UX2M9W&pd_rd_r=7XCRPZ0Y8BXT68N9QKJH&pd_rd_w=aFtBn&pd_rd_wg=mdN8v&psc=1&refRID=7XCRPZ0Y8BXT68N9QKJH

https://www.amazon.com/2500-Star-Trek-Cadet-Space/dp/B00LVZB34U/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00LVZB34U&pd_rd_r=DZK08W3M0E2QXGBFR2DM&pd_rd_w=HjUi6&pd_rd_wg=FvaKp&psc=1&refRID=DZK08W3M0E2QXGBFR2DM

Keep in mind these are not nice snap fit kits like Bandai would release. They're unpainted and have to be glued and assembled and painted/decaled yourself.

1 hour ago, GabrielV said:

I may post pics later.  Right now I'm irritated.

I got a Eaglemosss big scale TOS Enterprise.  Directly out of the box the deflector dish fell off.  Also, while examining it, I noticed the starboard bussard collector has something wrong with it.  It looks slightly mismolded on the bottom and the color isn't consistent.  

I'm basically just bitching right now.  I don't intend to return the ship.  I don't want to deal with the hassle.  I'm just going to take my lumps and move on.  And I've already repaired the deflector with some superglue.  Of course, that revealed the central spike of the deflector dish is molded crooked.  I'm very disappointed.  My first impression is that my little Corgi Enterprise is better.

*snip*

Yeah the Eaglemoss ships have pretty spotty QC. I bought them during a sitewide sale and are my desktop "whooshing" toys so I'm not quite as picky about their QC failures. I already have nice illuminated models of almost all the Enterprises already, and these are not taking their place. ^_^

5a74e7eecd48b_enterpriseshelf.jpg.3488bdc765a8d359a72a4cf973057f6b.jpg

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

20180202_150833.jpg

20180202_150843.jpg

Wow! That looks really nice!

I'd be willing to pay extra if AA would also give us illuminated windows on their ships. :)