Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

20 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Ohhhh, that explains it, then. I saw the twin cannons and remember seeing a similar weapon on one of the newer Mecha-G revisions, so I thought that must have been it. Cool poster.

From what I remember, the poster was made for the 1993 Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla movie but Mecha-G was nothing like the what was shown in the poster.  Toho went with a different design of Mecha-G.  Ohrai Noriyoshi does amazing work, here is one of his pieces that all of us at MWF will like.

sdf1_ohrai.jpg.98e58246130f2d4671be76a3e126819e.jpg

25 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice hauls! Here is some stuff from my latest shipments:

image.jpeg

Singing 

One of these things isn't like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing isn't like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Spoiler

It's the BB-2 obviously, everything else represents a living thing.

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Singing 

One of these things isn't like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing isn't like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Hide contents

It's the BB-2 obviously, everything else represents a living thing.

Haha, I thought you might be referring to my Super Sonico AGP figure. it's the first AGP and anime boobie girl figure I've ever bought but hey, I've been itching for Ride Armors and this will hold me over until the Sentinel Mospeada stuff comes. Also interesting to see the Bandai Tamashii Nations logo on every item from the two boxes I opened.

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, I thought you might be referring to my Super Sonico AGP figure. it's the first AGP and anime boobie girl figure I've ever bought but hey, I've been itching for Ride Armors and this will hold me over until the Sentinel Mospeada stuff comes. Also interesting to see the Bandai Tamashii Nations logo on every item from the two boxes I opened.

My first non-mecha figures (Sheryl and Mirage) just showed up on Monday, I don't judge.

The whole transforming bike armor thing looked pretty cool in the pics I saw of it.

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

My first non-mecha figures (Sheryl and Mirage) just showed up on Monday, I don't judge.

The whole transforming bike armor thing looked pretty cool in the pics I saw of it.

Yeah, the whole AGP series hasn't interested me much but Bike Armor is hard to resist. I got the Mirage Figuarts Zero and the two Walkure SHF figures too. Haven't opened the SHF figures yet but I will get the rest and any other Macross figures they hopefully do.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, the whole AGP series hasn't interested me much but Bike Armor is hard to resist. I got the Mirage Figuarts Zero and the two Walkure SHF figures too. Haven't opened the SHF figures yet but I will get the rest and any other Macross figures they hopefully do.

J7ZLpu1.jpg

Haven't opened my Mirages yet either, but the Sheryl figure looks good with Skull Squadron. She's about the same height as a VF-25 battroid it turns out.

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

J7ZLpu1.jpg

Haven't opened my Mirages yet either, but the Sheryl figure looks good with Skull Squadron. She's about the same height as a VF-25 battroid it turns out.

Looking good! I do think I am done with statues though. I like the Mirage figure I got but would rather spend my money and space on articulated figures.

2 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

My Mirage figurine finally came in! This is my first figurine, and also only my second non-Valkyrie purchase. 

2017-11-08 17.01.50.jpg

Looks awesome. I don't collect figurines, I'm more an only mecha collector but this Mirage is looking very good!!!

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Looking good! I do think I am done with statues though. I like the Mirage figure I got but would rather spend my money and space on articulated figures.

I don't mind if they're cheap. Both the mirage figs were like $30-$35 with shipping, and the Sheryl was I think around $25 shipped.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I don't mind if they're cheap. Both the mirage figs were like $30-$35 with shipping, and the Sheryl was I think around $25 shipped.

I got Mirage on sale but then it went on sale for even less right after I bought mine. Maybe I'd be interested in buying more if I could get them for under $20 shipped but anything more and I can get a junky but articulated Hasbro ML or BS figure instead.

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Looks awesome. I don't collect figurines, I'm more an only mecha collector but this Mirage is looking very good!!!

I don't really collect figurines either. This was really the only one I found myself wanting. Mostly because I adore Mirage. She does look good though. 

I think that If I were going to continue, I'd only want figurines of the pilots for whom I have Mecha. BUt then my shelves would be a sausage fest, and that's not fun to look at...

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I got mine for like $14 shipped, so I had to wait a month, that's fine. At least it showed up on my Birthday, so Happy birthday to me!

27 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I used to have a bunch of anime figures, but I sold most of them off to make space for more valkyries.

I did keep all my Macross figures though, because of course I did. :o

5a03d020d863a_macrossfigures01.jpg.a7ceb6266cbe57578b5d2f346863ae4d.jpg

5a03d02286273_macrossfigures02.jpg.0e4930a24ffcc5345a10e34db480aaa7.jpg

The only thing that really bugs me, is that Sheryl and Ranka don't have their own shelves...

Otherwise, those are impressive displays! I will admit to being a tad jealous...

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I used to have a bunch of anime figures, but I sold most of them off to make space for more valkyries.

I did keep all my Macross figures though, because of course I did. :o

5a03d020d863a_macrossfigures01.jpg.a7ceb6266cbe57578b5d2f346863ae4d.jpg

5a03d02286273_macrossfigures02.jpg.0e4930a24ffcc5345a10e34db480aaa7.jpg

Whoa, talk about major fan service! There's no way I'd get away with having figures like that at home. :lol:

11 hours ago, brouken said:

Whoa, talk about major fan service! There's no way I'd get away with having figures like that at home. :lol:

Haha well I live with just my cat, and he doesn't care as long as I feed him. :D

7 hours ago, linitrofe said:

Black bunny missing there

The Itsuwari no Utahime image figure covers both. :p  

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Nice score on the Ichiban Kuji Sheryl Nome in Kimono. Wanted to get that before but it was too expensive on the aftermarket.

Thanks. Yeah it's the only Ichiban Kuji figure that actually got more expensive and stayed expensive. All the others can be bought for pretty cheap.

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks. Yeah it's the only Ichiban Kuji figure that actually got more expensive and stayed expensive. All the others can be bought for pretty cheap.

Yeah, the one I picked up was 1800yen. I'd wonder why the kimono one went up in price, but I think we all know.