Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

picked up a Reximus Prime 2.0 (oversized KO of the Masterpiece Grimlock)

overall impression: its pretty neat. Paint is a little scratched off the top of his head but its ok. 

Left side is my US Grimlock. Hotwheels to scale.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

I am officially part of the VF-171 club! The only complaint I have about it is now I want the CF variants!! :lol:

congrats! some people are a little hesitant when it comes to pulling the trigger on these but once you have one you definitely want more! B))

On 2/3/2017 at 3:20 AM, Convectuoso said:

Wow! Love that Galvatron. Now you need a Masterpiece Starscream to recreate the Coronation scene from the movie :rolleyes:

I just need to find a better backdrop and I'll give it a shot :)

On 2/3/2017 at 8:54 AM, derex3592 said:

"Coronation Starscream???...this is bad comedy..."  BOOOOM! hahaha  

LOVE that Galvatron fig! 

Even as Galvatron he's a prick towards Starscream AHAH!

On 2/3/2017 at 10:00 AM, ZorClone said:

I loved Nimoy's voice acting for the character ;)

Yup he did a better job than the voice on the series.

On 2/3/2017 at 10:02 AM, Bahamutzyro said:

Love that galvatron! Fanstoys does excellent job! Now you made me spend 140.00!

I think its worth every penny because of the quality.

On 2/3/2017 at 2:15 PM, Slave IV said:

Not to put a damper on how nice that Galvatron looks in Bot mode but the Cannon mode is definitely lacking to me.

All good!  Fanstoys are known to have better bot modes than their alternate modes.  In fairness I rather have a better bot mode because he will be alternate mode too often.

Well unless I do the coronation scene pic AHHA!

5 hours ago, VX31 said:

picked up a Reximus Prime 2.0 (oversized KO of the Masterpiece Grimlock)

overall impression: its pretty neat. Paint is a little scratched off the top of his head but its ok.

Left side is my US Grimlock. Hotwheels to scale.

I got him as well.  The QC is really crappy but the overall size of KO MP-08 is amazing and makes up for it.

2 hours ago, spanner said:

congrats! some people are a little hesitant when it comes to pulling the trigger on these but once you have one you definitely want more! B))

I agree, I've been hesitant about getting these but it was such a good deal I couldn't resist. Just transformed it to Gerwalk & Battroid with no issues. I'm sold on the VF-171 now. B))

@Scyla, It really is a good looking VF! Down the road when I eventually get a CF 171, buying the replacement triangles will be my first upgrade. Was that the worst issues with it or do other parts explode?

On 2/5/2017 at 0:36 AM, 505thAirborne said:

I agree, I've been hesitant about getting these but it was such a good deal I couldn't resist. Just transformed it to Gerwalk & Battroid with no issues. I'm sold on the VF-171 now. B))

@Scyla, It really is a good looking VF! Down the road when I eventually get a CF 171, buying the replacement triangles will be my first upgrade. Was that the worst issues with it or do other parts explode?

I think the legs also have a build in auto explode mechanism when rotating them 90 degrees from and to Fighter-Mode because the there is something wrong with the mechanism. I think jenius and Chronocidal had this issue.

There where also some reports on breakage on the two swing bars that connect the cockpit area to the hind fuselage. It truly is a CF version. :mellow:

Edited by Scyla

On 2/4/2017 at 11:55 AM, sh9000 said:

IMG_2348.thumb.JPG.a444f32a88bba4d21139366bd483b1f0.JPG

Found 3 more just sitting on the shelf at Target.  Slave IV let me know if you want one.

That same Target? I was just there a few times and never see them, haha. I'd be in for one!

On 2/4/2017 at 3:19 PM, neko878 said:

I just need to find a better backdrop and I'll give it a shot :)

Even as Galvatron he's a prick towards Starscream AHAH!

Yup he did a better job than the voice on the series.

I think its worth every penny because of the quality.

All good!  Fanstoys are known to have better bot modes than their alternate modes.  In fairness I rather have a better bot mode because he will be alternate mode too often.

Well unless I do the coronation scene pic AHHA!

My favorite sceen in all Transformers history...actually one of my favorite scenes in movie history!

On 2/4/2017 at 4:59 PM, sh9000 said:

large.IMG_2349.JPG.3b0dbe09703fc97240bc9

Opened up my second HMR Armor.  Can't wait for the third one to come in.  It looks pretty cool on the CF VF-1J.

Sweet!

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, Scyla said:

I think the legs also have a build in auto explode mechanism when rotating them 90 degrees from and to Fighter-Mode because the there is something wrong with the mechanism. I think jenius and Chronocidal had this issue.

There where also some reports on breakage on the two swing bars that connect the cockpit area to the hind fuselage. It truly is a CF version. :mellow:

Definitely be careful with the legs, it's not so much that they'll explode if you look at them funny, but the twist function in the legs has an excessively complicated locking mechanism to keep the legs from rotating unless they're in one particular position, and it's not something called out very well in the instructions.  They don't offer reverse transformation instructions to begin with, which is where the problem lies.

Just as a rule, never twist the lower leg in either direction unless the knee is perfectly straight.  The lock is sloppy going from fighter to gerwalk, and will let you twist the leg with the knee down one notch, but it won't go back the other direction.  Make sure to drop the legs all the way, and straighten the knee before twisting, and you should be ok.

That's not to say the knee joint might not still explode into a dozen shards of cheap metallic plastic, but not twisting the leg incorrectly will help reduce the stress on that joint.

If the gerwalk twist joint goes floppy though, it might already be broken internally, and your best bet is to leave the thing in fighter mode forever.

Edited by Chronocidal