Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

10 hours ago, spanner said:

very nice! My son also has one of those Ford GT's! Congrats on the VF-19P! so what do you think of it?

Hey Spanner. Sad to say that I'm not a big fan of Basara... BUT I'M LIKING IT! :yahoo: Not sure if I need to get another one for the price it's going for. Hehehe. :lol: Though the loose hip joints needs fixing which I already did last night. That's why I posted on the VF-19 thread and found MJ's old post pertaining to broken hip joint on his 19S. And also I need to find new pilot figure for it. Now time to make some red color studies on Photoshop. I'll PM you soon. ;)

3 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

Someone suggested the Ozma's pack would looks ok with the 29B. So I brought one.

It really does look great. Except the SMS logo thou.

Love to see it in the other forms. ;)

9 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Some loots from my Japan trip. 

IMG_9467.JPG

WOW! Bandai is making 1/6 Star Wars kits now?! If they are as good as the 1/12 kits, BYE-BYE Hot Toys! Please let me know how that turns out how they compare to the 1/12 kits. Thanks for posting!

Edited by Slave IV

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! So, there are some complaints and gripes but overall, it looks pretty good to me.

Think of this way:

1/6 Hot Toys = Arcadia
1/6 Bandai Kits = Bandai DX

For me, Arcadia will always have collectible shelf presence than Bandai DX's toy looking shelf presence. ;)

So if you want something to play with buy Bandai's Stormtooper kit. But if you want to display something that will make you or your friends to stare into something with awe then get the Hot Toys Stormtrooper.

Here's an idea. Why not get a couple of Hot Toys one and display it in front of a battalion of Bandai's kit. Nice huh? ^_^

56 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

It certainly is well priced compared to a Hot Toys, that's for sure.  Question is how far can/will they go with these?  An armored figure is one thing but cloth-wearing characters with hair and such...

Good thing for me is I don't care to collect basic cloth wearing, normal human type looking characters. I always thought it was kind of silly to buy action figures of basically just some guy in a shirt/jacket/robe. That being said, I've broken my habits by buying a bunch of jedi and female action figures lately but they are definitely not my priority or focus.

49 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Think of this way:

1/6 Hot Toys = Arcadia

For me, Arcadia will always have collectible shelf presence than Bandai DX's toy looking shelf presence. ;)

So if you want something to play with buy Bandai's Stormtooper kit. But if you want to display something that will make you or your friends to stare into something with awe then get the Hot Toys Stormtrooper.

Here's an idea. Why not get a couple of Hot Toys one and display it in front of a battalion of Bandai's kit. Nice huh? ^_^

This is what I usually do! Not in the 1/6 scale but for 1/12, I have Black Series, Elite, SHF, Bandai Kits, Mafex, Revo, whatever. They look great together. Actually, now that I think about it, I have 1/6 Hot Toys, Medicom, Hasbro/Kenner, Marmit, etc...figures in my collection now. Just don't really focus on 1/6.

29 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I want two of those Storm Troopers to go alongside my 1/6 Hot Toys Vader! 

That would be nice!

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

This is what I usually do! Not in the 1/6 scale but for 1/12, I have Black Series, Elite, SHF, Bandai Kits, Mafex, Revo, whatever. They look great together. Actually, now that I think about it, I have 1/6 Hot Toys, Medicom, Hasbro/Kenner, Marmit, etc...figures in my collection now. Just don't really focus on 1/6.

My point is that you can create a Stormtrooper bataliion without spending too much on Hot Toys. So if you have a Hot Toys Stormtrooper make them stand in front for a good illusion. ;) 

My VF-31J finally arrived.

Loved the new packaging, it now feels like a true premiun toy. 

For the valk, it feels really tight on fighter and heftier than older valks. Im pretty pleased!

58944722d3229_2017-02-0201_06_49.thumb.jpg.80428ec764a1108c681c01c7af87828d.jpg

3 hours ago, neko878 said:

Finally got this in the other day.  Got around to unpacking it and snapped a quick pic.  This figure is super high quality.  Would be nice if all figures came like this.

"Behold...Galvatron!"

FullSizeRender.jpg

Wow! Love that Galvatron. Now you need a Masterpiece Starscream to recreate the Coronation scene from the movie :rolleyes:

On 1/2/2017 at 0:45 PM, ZorClone said:

What does the status say under the open orders of your account?  Did you get any request for payment emails?  Was it a preorder?

It doesn't show under Open Orders. I found it under Orders History or something like that. I sent them an email, hoping that they'll reply 

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

It doesn't show under Open Orders. I found it under Orders History or something like that. I sent them an email, hoping that they'll reply 

Hmm, well you should have gotten an email with a tracking link in it when it shipped, if it was trackable.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice Haul! Is that GX-70 Mazinger? I am so close to ordering that thing!

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

No that looks like the Super Robot Chogokin, not Chogokin. Scales with Figuarts, roughly 6".

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Ah, thanks! I have a few SRC Mazingers but need that SOC!

That actually is the Soul of Chogokin GX-70 Mazinger DC; not SRC. THat Devilman Figuart was designed to pair with the GX-70 though.

On 2/3/2017 at 4:44 AM, no3Ljm said:

Think of this way:

1/6 Hot Toys = Arcadia

I totally disagree with this analogy, but to each his own. I don't think the gap in quality/finish for an Arcadia and Bandai DX is a much as a pre-painted Hot Toys figure VS a model kit.

IMO, Bandai DX's have more impressive shelf presence especially if you like displaying your toys in dynamic poses. If you just want them standing up in relatively simple poses, then perhaps I would give a slight edge to Arcadia/Yamato, but that's entirely subjective and based on part ersonal preference.

1 hour ago, locidm said:

That actually is the Soul of Chogokin GX-70 Mazinger DC; not SRC. THat Devilman Figuart was designed to pair with the GX-70 though.

What really? I guess that shows what I know about Mazinger and Mazinger figures, which admittedly isn't much, I've never liked the series or designs. So is GX-70 roughly standard Chogokin height? 10-11" or so? I just figured Devilman was standard Figuarts roughly 6" scale. Is Devilman a giant Figuarts? I know his box is bigger and flashier but I didn't know he was bigger, I knew he was to scale with that particular DC Mazinger, I just though they were both about 6". Interesting. So ignore me Slave IV, I know not which I post about :mellow:.

7 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

What really? I guess that shows what I know about Mazinger and Mazinger figures, which admittedly isn't much, I've never liked the series or designs. So is GX-70 roughly standard Chogokin height? 10-11" or so? I just figured Devilman was standard Figuarts roughly 6" scale. Is Devilman a giant Figuarts? I know his box is bigger and flashier but I didn't know he was bigger, I knew he was to scale with that particular DC Mazinger, I just though they were both about 6". Interesting. So ignore me Slave IV, I know not which I post about :mellow:.

That GX - 70 mazinger is the newest mazinger release, using the design from the tv show. The devilman its indeed a figuarts figure, but you could say its oversized, to match mazinger, i think bandai is aiming for mazinger vs devilman feel.

Those SOC are around 18 cms and have a good amount of diecast content, the SRC goes around 12 cms and are more plastic than diecast.

The 11 inc (33sh cms) figure are only 2. DX chogokins (would be the same line as macross valks) are mazinger and great mazinger.

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice Haul! Is that GX-70 Mazinger? I am so close to ordering that thing!

lol slave, we had the same stuff on private warehouse!!

but i just ordered a shipment with PA sephiroth and other stuff, left the SOC for next shipment.

5895271297d72_2017-02-0319_57_06.thumb.jpg.5c5adca3f2e6f8db2d30b8167ec480b2.jpg

21 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Haha, no problem. FWIW, SOC Mazinger is on the shorter side of SOC's so as explained below, Devilman is a bit taller than a typical SHF so they meet in the middle I guess.

5 minutes ago, Mr Bomber said:

That GX - 70 mazinger is the newest mazinger release, using the design from the tv show. The devilman its indeed a figuarts figure, but you could say its oversized, to match mazinger, i think bandai is aiming for mazinger vs devilman feel.

Those SOC are around 18 cms and have a good amount of diecast content, the SRC goes around 12 cms and are more plastic than diecast.

The 11 inc (33sh cms) figure are only 2. DX chogokins (would be the same line as macross valks) are mazinger and great mazinger.

lol slave, we had the same stuff on private warehouse!!

but i just ordered a shipment with PA sephiroth and other stuff, left the SOC for next shipment.

5895271297d72_2017-02-0319_57_06.thumb.jpg.5c5adca3f2e6f8db2d30b8167ec480b2.jpg

Nice loot you got there! And thanks for the additional clarifications.

Edited by Slave IV

Had this guy delivered two-day, more then I should have paid, but I was always a fan of Gears in the original G1 cartoon.

20170203_194817.thumb.jpg.0aaf4d2ebed4afb0efc797b9545d73af.jpg

20170203_194849.thumb.jpg.453f722881820f1f2917c5223ddc8861.jpg

I think Badcube pretty much nailed this guy, he's not perfect, but he's about as G1 Gears as you can get. The transformation is a bit rough in the front end but the end results are great, clean bot mode with a spot on silhouette, and a perfectly chibi little random non-decript bright red and blue truck. I'm just three bots away from my goal of having the original G1 cartoon Arc crew in Masterpiece form, I'm so close!