Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Apparently some member does. It's either they have a lot of money to burn. :rolleyes: Or they just want to display it in all forms and have extra. ^_^ Uhm, what's that term again? Oh... SPANNERIZED! :lol: 

Ok. What's the deal again on the rear bumper on Jazz (Downbeat) figure? Sorry, I don't have a clue on every 3P Transformers items. 

db16fab3jw1fbhcce01agj21kw16o110.jpg

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I asked the same thing a few posts back. Nothing changed, it still has the ugly rear. That was the deal breaker for me or I would have been all over this Jazz release.

I passed on it because of the ugly bumper, swirly plastic, and it being the wrong Porsche.

10 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I passed on it because of the ugly bumper, swirly plastic, and it being the wrong Porsche.

The bumper and the plastic I get (same reason I didn't buy) but I'm pretty sure it's the same Martini 935 that the G1 toy was based on. 

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks VX31! Now I get it. So there's no way to push that upward, correct? Is it more like an afterthought concept?

I mean. with the 935 Porsche race car had some ridiculously high side skirts and rear bumper designs, so props to Maketoys in trying to get it vehicle correct. but with that, you get the leg kibble coming down under the chassis... prob a design tradeoff since they couldn't tuck the leg hinges and everything underneath... too bad-

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Some new editions! The Mirage figure is awesome, excellent details! B))

where did you buy your Mirage figure mind me asking? NY sent an order preparation notice email days ago now and they still haven't shipped mine out! wtf are they doing?

good to hear that its a good figure though!

2 minutes ago, spanner said:

where did you buy your Mirage figure mind me asking? NY sent an order preparation notice email days ago now and they still haven't shipped mine out! wtf are they doing?

good to hear that its a good figure though!

I have a feeling it's from AmiAmi. Based on that sturdy looking box. ^_^

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Hey guys, got Mirage from HLJ. She shipped (EMS) out Saturday night and got in this morning. I think Mirage was about $36.00 or so, was worth the $$$. :D

well don't I feel like a jack ass.. I cancelled my HLJ order and went with NY only for them to be taking their time processing it.. why would they be sitting on it for so long?

I emailed them but in typical NY fashion, no reply yet.

Got these from HLJ last week.

IMG_7124_zpslukqgj95.jpg

Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer from AmiAmi. One for me, one for my Dad. Already asked a friend to add more games into it. ;) 

IMG_7126_zpsia9yekjx.jpg

And this week I got this from GundamModelCenter. The other should've been Metal Club 00Raiser but they accidentally sent me a Dragon Momoko 1/100 Strike Freedom kit along with the Wing Conversion Effect Part set. I'm just waiting for their reply since it's holiday in China right now.

IMG_7122_zpscrb976zf.jpg

And today, finally this one arrived too from eBay courtesy of MaximaBuy. Minty-minty. ^_^ 

IMG_7114_zpsa87kdxf8.jpg

IMG_7115_zpsilqxz9jo.jpg

And of course for my 7 yr old son. It's not an AutoArt display piece but he loves it. ;)

IMG_7128_zpszjtvarcx.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, spanner said:

well don't I feel like a jack ass.. I cancelled my HLJ order and went with NY only for them to be taking their time processing it.. why would they be sitting on it for so long?

Because NY sucks. 

Maybe they're calculating how much extra the shipping is going to be before sending another invoice. :p

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Has anyone had problems with hlj orders? I bought a set of Act 5 stands 3 months ago, and still no news of it.:wacko:

What does the status say under the open orders of your account?  Did you get any request for payment emails?  Was it a preorder?

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Has anyone had problems with hlj orders? I bought a set of Act 5 stands 3 months ago, and still no news of it.:wacko:

I also have an HLJ order that was shipped out by unregistered SAL last 12/21, and I haven't received it yet. For comparison, I had another HLJ order that used registered SAL that was shipped 12/19 and I got that before the New Year. Go figure.

Is not getting what you ordered a typical thing? Just wondering why all the concern. I order stuff, it comes when it comes. No worries. Last shipment I got from NY, I used the actual ship shipping method and it arrived maybe a couple days later than a typical SAL...awesome for saving more money and still getting the toys I want.

10 hours ago, spanner said:

Hopefully you have yours in soon. When it comes to really good comm I always use HLJ and recently Mandarake, those guys usually respond under 24hrs and love to use bubble wrap.

By the way, congrats on 4.... FOUR VF-31's. Just remember, you still have at least five more DX 31's to go. :p

Ugghhh... just got my Figma Hulk replacement in the mail from HLJ and the damn thing is snapped at the neck just like the original!  They even packed it such that the box inside the box wouldn't budge an inch.  I can only guess it came that way from the factory.  Now I get to hope they don't think I'm screwing around with them... :(

I think if you order from someone who received the product through bluefin USA channels, the box is going to be Voltron. Bandai did two boxes-GoLion for asia, Voltron for the West.  

Edit: looks like the VOLTRON box art is a sleeve, and under that is the GoLion box.

Edited by Cowboy17

28 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

How come your voltron box is in English, mine says go lion in Japanese. Where did u order from?

Exactly what Cowboy17 said. The US release Bluefin versions come with an extra sleeve that says Voltron over the original Golion box. The box underneath is the same as the Japanese release, it's literally just a nice sleeve that says Voltron on the front and has the back info in english.

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wouldn't be funny if HG started using this tactics to sell Bandai/Arcadia products down the line. One day... :ph34r:

Yeah, that makes sense.

Why wouldnt Arcadia sell to HG to cater the US market & to increase their production run ...

or HG buys from Arcadia & sells in the US market for profit?

EDITED : I mean, legal issues aside, isnt it easy money if they can find some kind of compromise? (*beats dead horse*)

Edited by aaajin

21 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Another one?! Sweet!

You are inspiring me to maybe customize some of my extras. Would be nice and pretty easy to take a Hikaru 1J and CF 1A and turn them into a CF 1J and Max 1A...Hmmm

Thanks.  There's still more coming in.

Yeah the CF VF-1J is pretty easy to make and the end result will look cool.

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Got these from HLJ last week.

Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer from AmiAmi. One for me, one for my Dad. Already asked a friend to add more games into it. ;) 

And this week I got this from GundamModelCenter. The other should've been Metal Club 00Raiser but they accidentally sent me a Dragon Momoko 1/100 Strike Freedom kit along with the Wing Conversion Effect Part set. I'm just waiting for their reply since it's holiday in China right now.

And today, finally this one arrived too from eBay courtesy of MaximaBuy. Minty-minty. ^_^ 

IMG_7114_zpsa87kdxf8.jpg

And of course for my 7 yr old son. It's not an AutoArt display piece but he loves it. ;)

IMG_7128_zpszjtvarcx.jpg

very nice! My son also has one of those Ford GT's! Congrats on the VF-19P! so what do you think of it?

19 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Because NY sucks. 

Maybe they're calculating how much extra the shipping is going to be before sending another invoice. :p

I got an email reply from them today apologizing for the delay and that it will be posted out as soon as possible. No actual reason for the delay was given so god only knows what the problem may be.. 

yes they do kinda suck.