Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

25 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

What do you mean by two plaques? Do you mean the blue base thing that holds all of the weapons? All I read was that the US Bluefin versions would come with an extra Voltron sleeve over the main box because this guy's obviously more recognizable in the West as Voltron instead of Golion, maybe I'm confused about what you are referring to. Either way I want mine, he's coming in with the newly re-issued MP Soundwave Asia release with all of the cassettes in one box, I can't wait to get those guys in!

Yes, the blue base gives you the option of displaying different nameplates. One for Golion and one for Voltron. I really appreciate that they were thinking of us westerners and gave us that option.

Ha, now that i think about it, K-2SO should come with his Gun. I got the Disney Elite version on sale at the Disney store. I got it since it is metal, and a lil' bigger. It should come with his "gift" gun. I am sure they will release it with his gun later on.... maybe battle damaged too. 

56 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Yes, the blue base gives you the option of displaying different nameplates. One for Golion and one for Voltron. I really appreciate that they were thinking of us westerners and gave us that option.

We just got lucky with Voltron since it's not 'owned' by Harmony Gold. See what you did there, HG. :lol:

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No no no no, Abbadon! You won't get away with this. You just grabbed Lolicon's photo. Retouched the washed out highlight portion of the image (sword). Darken and desaturated the photo a little bit. Changed the background. And claimed that you have a copy. Bah! The only way to make me believe is that if you straighten out the box. You guys even have the same angle. You can't fool me. Hahaha! :lol: 

Rats! And I almost got away with it too! :ph34r::lol:

But kidding aside, congrats guys on the GoLion figure. ;) 

That's because you watched THE Voltron Cartoon and not THE GoLion Anime. :lol:

One plus one... plus one... plus one... plus one... Golion! :D

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Disney store exclusive die-cast figures.

6101047620489?$yetidetail$

Looks like they are on sale right now for a great price too!

I have this figure, as well as the C2-B5 from Disney store.. overall impressions: Eh. display is fine, playability suffers due to articulation limitation from being die-cast and the joints.  the C2-B5 can seriously be used as a weapon if $hit hit the fan as it is so heavy and dense, you can throw it at someone since it weighs like 3#.

22 minutes ago, VX31 said:

I have this figure, as well as the C2-B5 from Disney store.. overall impressions: Eh. display is fine, playability suffers due to articulation limitation from being die-cast and the joints.  the C2-B5 can seriously be used as a weapon if $hit hit the fan as it is so heavy and dense, you can throw it at someone since it weighs like 3#.

Yep, the appeal is that they are die-cast, look good and are slightly larger than Black Series or SHF but still scale well with all of them in the same display. They have enough articulation to pose in about as many positions as the droids or bulky characters were seen in. I don't recommend them for anyone wanting extremely dynamically posable figures. That's what SHF is for.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:03 AM, sh9000 said:

IMG_2175.JPG

I've seen these go well with 1/60 Valkyries.

Seems like it will! Was planning to stick the extra isamu figure in there, but havent had the chance to. Thanks for the heads up

PhotoGrid_1484276375888~3.png

It fits Yang figure from Arcadia's 19

IMG_20170112_224323.jpg

Edited by aaajin

21 hours ago, aaajin said:

Seems like it will! Was planning to stick the extra isamu figure in there, but havent had the chance to. Thanks for the heads up

PhotoGrid_1484276375888~3.png

It fits Yang figure from Arcadia's 19

IMG_20170112_224323.jpg

Yeah they're pretty cool.

On 1/11/2017 at 11:45 AM, Lolicon said:

Little late to the party with mine, as I shipped my PW early to get my 31J last month.

Hope it doesn't use lead paint like the one I had back in the 80s. :lol:

golion.jpg

On 1/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, abbadon said:

This guy finally arrived! :wub:

IMG_1279.JPG

NICE Lolicon and Abbadon! My GX-71 should be arriving next week, I'll add a my pic to this photo series. :D

15 minutes ago, Saburo said:

NICE Lolicon and Abbadon! My GX-71 should be arriving next week, I'll add a my pic to this photo series. :D

Hey Saburo. Just so you know that one of them 'hacks' the other guy's purchase. :ph34r:

:lol:

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That's pretty cool! I'll have to pick some up if I ever see them. 

Did not see any locally (while doing groceries etc2), so I just bought two off ebay, $6-ish shipped. Saves gas & time.

Edited by aaajin

After scoring the Truforce SDCC Mega Man at Barnes & Noble i had to track down the other 2. I was lucky and threw in low best offers under what i thought i was gonna get them on ebay and surprisingly the seller accepted. Now i finally have all color variants of this amazing figure ^_^

0492DDC1-ABA7-48D0-AFE2-62CDE214DF67.jpg

15 hours ago, aaajin said:

Did not see any locally (while doing groceries etc2), so I just bought two off ebay, $6-ish shipped. Saves gas & time.

That's cool.  I just saw another one at Target which would have made my 4th one but I put it back.

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

After scoring the Truforce SDCC Mega Man at Barnes & Noble i had to track down the other 2. I was lucky and threw in low best offers under what i thought i was gonna get them on ebay and surprisingly the seller accepted. Now i finally have all color variants of this amazing figure ^_^

0492DDC1-ABA7-48D0-AFE2-62CDE214DF67.jpg

But there's 4 color variations total. The grey-tone one, original X colors, X-Kai, and armored X colors.

58 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

But there's 4 color variations total. The grey-tone one, original X colors, X-Kai, and armored X colors.

Yup i got the other 2 as well, those were easy to get. These two were a problem since everyone with the gray one wanted $400+ for it.

Hauls from last two weeks. Yamato 1/60 VF-1 GBP Armor Set from valiantknight. Thank you sir! ^_^ 

IMG_6970_zpsntoff6cp.jpg

These two from YJA. Yamato 1/60 VF-1D and Yamato 1/60 Fan Racer (White) Model Kit. Now I can say I'm done with my Hikaru Valks. :wub: All I need now is for Arcadia to reissue his VF-1A in the new Arcadia whites. ;) 

IMG_6971_zpsodwvmszk.jpg

IMG_6972_zpscbigjjw0.jpg

Hauls from last two weeks. Yamato 1/60 VF-1 GBP Armor Set from valiantknight. Thank you sir! ^_^ 

IMG_6970_zpsntoff6cp.jpg

These two from YJA. Yamato 1/60 VF-1D and Yamato 1/60 Fan Racer (White) Model Kit. Now I can say I'm done with my Hikaru Valks. :wub: All I need now is for Arcadia to reissue his VF-1A in the new Arcadia whites. ;) 

IMG_6971_zpsodwvmszk.jpg

IMG_6972_zpscbigjjw0.jpg

Nice!! I have a white fan racer that I need to build as well. I also got the HDP one but that I will leave it unbuilt because that material sucks to work with. 

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Nice!! I have a white fan racer that I need to build as well. I also got the HDP one but that I will leave it unbuilt because that material sucks to work with. 

If only it comes with a pilot Hikaru figure, it would've been perfect. ;) 

7 hours ago, abbadon said:

Nice pickups, Noel! When are you going to start building that Fan Racer?

Now, that's a question I really need to answer soon. If only I could find time... Hahaha! :lol: 

1 hour ago, subie81 said:

Great pick up spanner! I also pick up 1/18 auto art Subie's!!! Gotta have one of your car!! Lol

Its pretty much the exact same model of SS-V Redline! Even a manual shifter and sunroof! The only thing different was it had a white roof but that was an easy fix! 

On 1/14/2017 at 4:23 PM, Lolicon said:

Testing a new backdrop. Like the texture, but it's too small for photgraphing anything larger.

Golion 01.jpg

Golion 02.jpg

Golion 03.jpg

Golion 04.jpg

Is that the new Bandai Voltron GX-71?  How do you like it?  I got mine coming in soon.

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

IMG_6972_zpscbigjjw0.jpg

Great pick ups!

Now you need to find the Angel Birds + Fan Racer set. ;)

20 minutes ago, neko878 said:

Is that the new Bandai Voltron GX-71?  How do you like it?  I got mine coming in soon.

I haven't had much time to fiddle with it, but I like it a lot so far. Just the lions themselves have way more joints and poseability than the old 80s version. I'll combine them together when I have a chance.

And no lead paint as far as I know. :)

21 hours ago, spanner said:

Picked up a 1:18 model of my actual car! The roof was white so I covered it in some black vinyl so it matches my car. 

20170116_143958.jpg

Nice pickup Spanner! Which one is the 1:18 scale once again? :lol: 

17 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Great pick ups!

Now you need to find the Angel Birds + Fan Racer set. ;)

Thanks Lolicon! I was eyeing Angel Bird with Fan Racer before but it always ends up out of my budget. But this white one is already ok for me. I just bought it so I can complete my Hikaru Valks. ;) 

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

20170117_121834.jpg

An awesome delivery for a rainy day at home! 

Awesome! ;)