Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 hours ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Love that valk. Where you get it?....and how much?.

Got it from Mandarake for 24000JPY, used copy but they could have sold it to me as brand new except for a crease in the instruction booklet.

And now for another kind of pre-order madness entirely...

Ordered 3/23/16 for a release date of late June.

The game was delayed by the developer to early August, when it was released to nearly universal disappointment.

The physical component of my pre-order finally shipped this week, and arrived yesterday.

For your viewing pleasure, or ridicule, the No Man's Sky Explorer's Edition.

20170107_142510.jpg

20170107_143948.jpg

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Pedro. There's more at Jungle for Y24840+. All Class A. Few days ago sil80jdm was selling his for $250. And looks like it was already sold since it's not in his listing anymore. 

Good luck!

Thanks. I always want a second copy of this valk.

17 hours ago, barurutor said:

I think HLJ still has the Arcadia YF-19 as well, if you want a brand new one.

They don't have it anymore.... I miss my chance on their last sale. :(

16 hours ago, zzj said:

Got it from Mandarake for 24000JPY, used copy but they could have sold it to me as brand new except for a crease in the instruction booklet.

Thank for the info.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:03 PM, anubis20 said:

Many thanks to @MikeRoz for the DX Koenig Monster. I needed a Monster and the HMR was out of the question for me. Plus the Sheryl itasha makes it alot better :wub::lol:

C2B83FBF-BF90-4947-8430-5B5D3063BF52.jpg

That really is the best version of the VB-6 I think, the colors just pop so much better than the earlier releases.

Something to be aware of though, the decals of the girls on the nose are pretty prone to flaking off.  On the other hand, if they do flake off all the way, you'll be left with the classic eyes tampoed onto the nose, which I don't think any of the other releases had printed on (think they were included as stickers).

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

My third VF-31J arrived from Mandarake. I think three is enough... -_-

Also saw this and added it to my order because it looked amusing. I'm sure it's not an officially licensed Marvel product. :lol:

avengers spoof.jpg

that's great you managed to score one from Mandarake! I got close but when I tried adding it to cart it had become unavailable.. <_<

im not into Avengers at all but that all female idol mag special looks very intriguing! :huh: ^_^

the female characters look like they fit in perfectly! 

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Lolicon, you know that three is not enough. Right, Spanner? ;)

hehe! yep I have to agree! as im still umming and ahhing over getting a 4th one just to mess about with! decisions decisions.. 

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Gotta love Mandarake for their packing, they do not cheap out. Couldn't resist picking up a few more 1/48 kits!! B))

Lolicon, I think you need a 4th VF-31J.... for the Fast Packs!! :p

good stuff 505! B))

Edited by spanner

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Lolicon, you know that three is not enough. Right, Spanner? ;)

Don't tempt me into getting a 4th! Save the efforts for spanner! :ph34r:

12 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Gotta love Mandarake for their packing, they do not cheap out. Couldn't resist picking up a few more 1/48 kits!! B))

Lolicon, I think you need a 4th VF-31J.... for the Fast Packs!! :p

Awesome haul!!

I already have super parts on preorder, but maybe I should get a second set because I really like the 31 super battroid...

9 hours ago, spanner said:

that's great you managed to score one from Mandarake! I got close but when I tried adding it to cart it had become unavailable.. <_<

im not into Avengers at all but that all female idol mag special looks very intriguing! :huh: ^_^

the female characters look like they fit in perfectly! 

I probably cartjacked you! :lol:

The magazine was only 600 yen. Might as well toss one in the cart on your next order! :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

So is that @Vengers Idol Magazine Special is a kind of 'one-shot' graphic novel with the idols as Avengers? Looks interesting.

I think so. I haven't flipped through it yet. I'll open it and take some pics when I get home. I'm curious about their take on the Hulk. :mellow:

Edited by Lolicon

Just got my SOC Voltron yesterday. I absolutely love it! I knew it would have a good amount of metal in it but the heft it has when fully assembled was still unexpected. I thought for sure that I would always have it displayed assembled. But I have been having so much fun posing all of the lions in different ways that I don't know when I would ever get around to putting it together again. If only I could afford to have two of them. First world problems I guess.

Got a ton of goodies in the last couple of days, an HLJ private warehouse shipment and another big box of love from amiami.

20170111_184510.jpg

I already got Badcube Speedbump, I assumed he would be my MP Trailbreaker, but MMC/Ocular Max Terraegis is awesome! I've seen some have issues with him, but my copy is mint and I think he looks phenomenal, I doubt an official Takara version could sway me, but I will give them a fair look when they announce their version. MonsterArts Godzilla is a bit disappointing, his paint is fairly meh, and he's got a loose leg, so loose he has a hard time holding up the weight of his 30lbs. tail. I've been aching to get my hands on the new Doom by Fantasy Flight games, I had the original version in college but sold it like a dipshit and pretty much immediately regretted it. New game is amazing, plays fast, it's fun, playing as Demon or Marine is a blast, highly recommended if you're looking for a great quickie tabletop game with beautiful mini figures. Figuarts are always nice, I even got Obi-Wan with a new hat! Missed out on D-Arts Charizard, very glad I didn't have to pay $250+ for one. I've got 7 Figuarts Hall of Armors on order, so I'm in need of some 1/12 or 6" Iron Man armors, plenty of suggestions from others in this thread are probably going to lead to many of my new armor acquisitions. I'm dying for my Chogokin Voltron, I'm waiting on BBTS to get the US Bluefin stock in. I'm baffled there's people having issues with it not being "toon accurate" enough. Apparently Bandai should have figured out a way to hide the red and green lion legs in bot mode to appease literally everyone. What they made works for me, looks gorgeous, and I can't remember a single transforming, combining Voltron/Golion that was able to hide the green and red legs in combined bot mode.

Glad I'm not a fan of Voltron. I always found his battles way too lame (he'd immediately form his blazing sword after combining and then kill the robeast in one blow) and he sometimes used weapons that came out of nowhere, never to be used again (knee beams).

But the SOC toy looks good for what it is. I just never liked the aesthetic of Voltron (lion heads for hands and feet).

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Glad I'm not a fan of Voltron. I always found his battles way too lame (he'd immediately form his blazing sword after combining and then kill the robeast in one blow) and he sometimes used weapons that came out of nowhere, never to be used again (knee beams).

But the SOC toy looks good for what it is. I just never liked the aesthetic of Voltron (lion heads for hands and feet).

Blasphemy and nonsense!

22 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Blasphemy and nonsense!

Hey man, those are facts lol. :p

But one thing I find funny is how current day SJWs will never let a show like Voltron air because Lothor acts like a stalker/rapist/kidnapper always preying on the princess.

Edited by ArchieNov

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Little late to the party with mine, as I shipped my PW early to get my 31J last month.

Hope it doesn't use lead paint like the one I had back in the 80s. :lol:

golion.jpg

12 hours ago, abbadon said:

This guy finally arrived! :wub:

IMG_1279.JPG

No no no no, Abbadon! You won't get away with this. You just grabbed Lolicon's photo. Retouched the washed out highlight portion of the image (sword). Darken and desaturated the photo a little bit. Changed the background. And claimed that you have a copy. Bah! The only way to make me believe is that if you straighten out the box. You guys even have the same angle. You can't fool me. Hahaha! :lol: 

But kidding aside, congrats guys on the GoLion figure. ;) 

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

That's because you watched THE Voltron Cartoon and not THE GoLion Anime. :lol:

As if I know, right? I've watched Voltron too when it was being aired at IBC13 or RPN9, I think. Anyways, I forgot which one. Hahaha! :lol: 

58 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

i'm also very interested to hear impressions on Voltron.  IDK if I want to spend that much money on one... yet :blink:

Meanwhile, Figuarts K2-SO is nicely detailed and has excellent articulation

i3VZ7vp.png

Now it's time to buy this... :drinks:

images.jpeg

The toy does come with two different plaques. One is the original Japanese GoLion logo, and the other is the English Voltron logo.

Voltron was of course heavily edited to meet 1980s censorship in the States (damned backwards country). I've been meaning to watch GoLion to see all the changes, but since I haven't seen Voltron in so long, I don't really remember anything and I would have to watch that again, and that definitely isn't going to happen. :lol:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

The toy does come with two different plaques. One is the original Japanese GoLion logo, and the other is the English Voltron logo.

Voltron was of course heavily edited to meet 1980s censorship in the States (damned backwards country). I've been meaning to watch GoLion to see all the changes, but since I haven't seen Voltron in so long, I don't really remember anything and I would have to watch that again, and that definitely isn't going to happen. :lol:

What do you mean by two plaques? Do you mean the blue base thing that holds all of the weapons? All I read was that the US Bluefin versions would come with an extra Voltron sleeve over the main box because this guy's obviously more recognizable in the West as Voltron instead of Golion, maybe I'm confused about what you are referring to. Either way I want mine, he's coming in with the newly re-issued MP Soundwave Asia release with all of the cassettes in one box, I can't wait to get those guys in!

Haha, I was never a big fan of Voltron either...Mainly because I grew up watching Mazinger and other giant robot stuff that I liked a lot more. I love Lion robots but just the ones that end up with the beast face on the chest of the combined bot (Daltanious, GGG...). But I do love seeing all the pics of Voltron so keep them coming so I can enjoy seeing what you guys have and save that money for bots I really love.

As for SHF K2-S0, looks great but isn't he a little short to be a security droid?:D I have one ordered too and I also have a Black Series and Elite version. A lot of people are saying the Black Series is better than the SHF in this rare case. I'm thinking I'll just open my Elite version since I think those are best for droids anyway (nothing like having a metal droid figure) and it will tower like it should over most other figs. 

Edited by Slave IV