Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Thank you Mandarake for my VF-19S!

16041064689_793f117e0f_o.jpg

Docker may be a jerk, but he's got a mean ride. I actually like the 19S over the 19Kai. My pathetic phone pic does not do justice to this bird:

15604774474_5125cdf27d_o.jpg

Nice grab Brouken! well done! The VF-19F/S are both very awesome Valks! B)) The 19P has gotta my pick of the bunch but I still do love the Kai also! :D

VF-19s is a sweet grab. Congrats.

Thanks Yeti! I can tell you're a fan by your sig pic. :D

Nice grab Brouken! well done! The VF-19F/S are both very awesome Valks! B)) The 19P has gotta my pick of the bunch but I still do love the Kai also! :D

Thanks Spanner! Mandarake listed this for only 12k yen too! They said it was opened and used, but whoever owned this made sure it got repacked like it was out of the factory. The valk was still wrapped in the original sheets of plastic! It's in very pristine condition. :)

BTW, there's two 19Fs for sale in Mandarake. Its tempting to get them to complete an Emerald Force Squadron, but they're priced 20k and 22k Yen respectively. :o A bit out of my budget considering the pre-orders I have waiting.

Edited by brouken

Superb catch on the VF-19S, Brouken! That valk is definitely on my shortlist for 2015.

Thanks Abbadon! Hope you can get one for a good price!

When I started my collection, I initially thought of just getting the leader type "S" valks. (I'm actually waiting on a VF-22S Gamlin right now.) I ended up breaking my own rule though when I got Alto's VF-25F renewal. Never looked back since. :p

picked up this little beauty just this week too! :D not that I have any room to display it anywhere.. -_- my model cars are getting a little cramped! :wacko:

Auto Worlds "Authentics Version" 1:18 1970 Dodge Charger R/T SE 440 Magnum with Gator Roof

its a lovely model car! love the Dodge Chargers! B))

post-21335-0-40710700-1420710475_thumb.jpgpost-21335-0-21498800-1420710478_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-63560600-1420710481_thumb.jpgpost-21335-0-76361000-1420710484_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-77370300-1420710487_thumb.jpgpost-21335-0-14655600-1420710490_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-75555300-1420710492_thumb.jpg

Nice Charger!

Thanks mate! she is very nice!

As I groggily scrolled through your pics, I thought you bought a car. Especially the interior. That is a nicely detailed bit of kit.

Oh I wish I could have bought a real one! :o I have always loved these cars ever since I was a kid watching Dukes Of Hazzard! B)) And now I have both the General Lee & a Charger R/T! :D but in 1:18 scale.. :p<_<

I posted this in the Pacific Rim thread too of course, but 18" Cherno Alpha recently released and I got mine, he's pretty awesome, the lighting is quite impressive.

post-12821-0-37201600-1420603266_thumb.jpg

18" Striker Eureka is next for release, I can't wait for him, hopefully NECA will announce an 18" Crimson Typhoon too so I can have all four of the movie hero mecha.

I posted this in the Pacific Rim thread too of course, but 18" Cherno Alpha recently released and I got mine, he's pretty awesome, the lighting is quite impressive.

18" Striker Eureka is next for release, I can't wait for him, hopefully NECA will announce an 18" Crimson Typhoon too so I can have all four of the movie hero mecha.

Very nice! That 18" CA must be a beast of a figure.

Nice! Still waiting for my Cherno to arrive. The legs on my Gypsy are looser than [insert crudeness] on new years eve. How are the leg joints on Cherno?

Cherno is quite solid, especially his legs, he's more articulated than Gypsy too, I was pretty pleasantly surprised. Maybe when you get yours you can let me know if you could get the "ankle" swivel to budge, on both legs towards the bottom attached the ball joint on the foot is a back and forth swivel joint that I could not get to budge, it seems it can go back and forth a decent amount too, but I've tried everything from a hair drier to a heat gun and I couldn't loosen the joint on the bottom of either leg up at all.

Ha. That is cool.

Haha.. the more domesticated stuff I collect. :)

Nice jugs mugs! ;):p:D

:D;)

Do tell! Where can I order those!

A friend of mine he buys them for me from Gundam Cafe in Japan while he's there for vacation/business trips and ships them to me. I have seen them for sold on ebay for a considerable mark up. :(

My actual most-recent Macross purchase: original Matchbox piece. Less than $5 shipped via eBay. It's in such nice shape and cost the seller twice what I paid just to ship it. I felt so bad the seller rooked themselves that I paypal'd the seller an extra $15 after it arrived.

gallery_1561_663_99313.jpg

These Matchbox Nosjadeul-Ger toys are pretty nice deals if you can pick one up for under $20, as long as you appreciate that it's a toy and not a collector's model.

Edited by AcroRay

My actual most-recent Macross purchase: original Matchbox piece. Less than $5 shipped via eBay. It's in such nice shape and cost the seller twice what I paid just to ship it. I felt so bad the seller rooked themselves that I paypal'd the seller an extra $15 after it arrived.

gallery_1561_663_99313.jpg

These Matchbox Nosjadeul-Ger toys are pretty nice deals if you can pick one up for under $20, as long as you appreciate that it's a toy and not a collector's model.

Very cool of you to send the seller the extra money. I always wondered how nice that figure would look with a proper paint job

Finally picked these up which I've been wanting for a while.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice! I have been wanting to buy those for a while too along with the Master File books. Where did you get them?

Great piece! That was very good of you to send the seller some extra money!

Edited by Saburo

Well, first impressions are this thing is really annoying to transform.. I do not understand the small tuck away triangles under the shoulders. I am positive there is a better solution for that tiny detail they wanted in fighter mode. All three modes seem nice and solid once transformed. I did notice one of the hips to be incredibly loose. Having tightened up a few of my VF-25's, I decided to take apart the hip and see what the issue was. The top most screw was missing its head. There was enough to grab onto with my sog pliers, and I was able to back it out. I found a source for the replacement screw, and I will soon have 100 or so tiny screws (not going to pay to ship just one). I was too pissed off to take pictures before I removed the broken screw, but here is where it was:

Bzeldty.jpg

It is sitting in fighter mode now. I put the armor parts on, and it does look pretty slick. I just hate QC issues on stuff this expensive. Yes I can fix it, but I shouldn't have to.

Edited by ChaoticYeti