Offutt Air Show 2003

I love the pics of the F-16 flying with the P-51. I've never seen a prop fighter fly in formation with a Jet fighter. Thanks for sharing.

Silly question, but did the two have difficulty keeping a comfortable yet uniform speed?

Yeah, the exhaust is the REALLY nifty part of the 117, but the grill is still more than a simple grill--the size of the apertures has to be the right size to not reflect radar (I think it's one-way--lets them (radar waves) in but not out) yet not affect flow to the engines.

Barpharanges----they're not Cessnas, they're WWII fighters. :) 400mph is no problem for them. And they don't go anywhere near that for the slow "Heritage Flights".

PS---it'll ALWAYS be SAC headquarters to me. :)

PPS--an F-15 will outmanuever an F-16 at high altitude and high speed. :) (big wings help a LOT when the air's thin, as does two engines)

Here, a P-51C (one of only 2 in the world that can still fly) and an A-10.

PS--Apollo Leader--for the in-the-air shots, did you use a camera or did you you snag them from a camcorder? I've tried both methods, but results vary.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Here, a P-51C (one of only 2 in the world that can still fly) and an A-10.

PS--Apollo Leader--for the in-the-air shots, did you use a camera or did you you snag them from a camcorder? I've tried both methods, but results vary.

For the in-air or distant shots, I have my digital camera set to 1600 x 1200 with super fine resolution set. For this thread, I cropped the pictures to approxinately 640 x 480 to be consistent with the static display pictures I have posted here (saves memory, too). My camera has a zoom and a high speed mode (for taking pictures of moving objects) so that helps too.

Offutt will always be SAC HQ for me just like the Strategic Air and Space Museum will ALWAYS be SAC Museum to me.