1/48 Hikaru VF-1S up for preorder

bandit29

[i ordered some stuff from HLJ. EMS all of them. No problems so far. A box or two may be scrunched at times, but the contents are untouched :)

That is the problem I have! Sure the contents are untouched but the dang boxes are crunched!

HLJ and others put the Valks into a form fitting outer box. So when that box gets dropped the inner box gets crunched.

I can't stand that!!! :angry:

Vintage toys, I can handle rough boxes. New toys, the boxes should be like new!!!! :(

this is just another ploy for yamato to make more money without having to spend any additional money.

And the 1/48 Max wasn't?

It's not like fans didn't ask for this valkyrie. It's the quintessential DYRL? valkyrie and I'm sure they'll sell their entire stock on this one.

Thanks for the pics vt102 :)

I think I'm going to have to pass on this one... Unless it comes with Strike packs...

Any chance of that?

I'm going to picking this up no matter what, but it would really make my day if it was packed with Fast/Strike Packs :D

This is insane. Common sense dictates that I should not get this 1/48 VF-1S in Hikaru colours, because I have the VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1S Roy (in both 1/60 and 1/48 scale) already. But the growing valkaholic in me is telling me that this is the only red VF-1S toy there is, except for the old Bandai 1/72 HCM and 1/55 Strike Valkyrie from the 1980's. Gotta get it before its gone (like the old 1980 toys)...or else I'll regret it...

Do I listen to common sense or valkalcoholism? Tough one.....

This is insane. Common sense dictates that I should not get this 1/48 VF-1S in Hikaru colours, because I have the VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1S Roy (in both 1/60 and 1/48 scale) already. But the growing valkaholic in me is telling me that this is the only red VF-1S toy there is, except for the old Bandai 1/72 HCM and 1/55 Strike Valkyrie from the 1980's. Gotta get it before its gone (like the old 1980 toys)...or else I'll regret it...

Do I listen to common sense or valkalcoholism? Tough one.....

three words.....

get them all :rolleyes:

I'm definately out for this since I skipped the Roy because of its problems. Wish they'd resculpt the head (get rid of the seam entirely) but with Graham saying it's due out in October, I really doubt it will be. I can live with it, though. :)

I got my Low-Viz via EMS from HLJ. Not really that bad of a deal. Box was a bit scrunched... but I open and apply stickers and play with my toys some so it didn't bug me too much. I hate it if it was a collector though. I think I'll try SAL next though... anything to lower the price to what they SHOULD be (similar to HK pricing = 80-90 for a 1/48).

Just a reminder from a discussion in the old forums, HLJ shipping is around $35-$40 for one 1/48. That puts the price much higher than buying from one of the local boys like VE.

Not to mention I would much rather deal with Kevin and his TOP NOTCH service any day...Valk Exchange is awesome... :)

You guys think this one is real? Or a fake?

-Jin

Real. Graham confirmed it the other night at a dinner with Yamato dudes. The pics are fakes, possibly even made by Yamato. But the toy apparently is very real and slated for October.