EXO

Yes, we needed a dedicated thread for this :) Gotta love the guy trying to make legit 3D gear. I actually think some guys a while back did some actual physical calculations regarding the G's that the character's experience whilst moving, and the legitimacy of using gas to wind the winches.

I think the conclusion, and I agreed with the analysis, came to be that the sideways G forces would be fine while turning, but the rapid pace that they climb and fall would render even the most athletic human useless in an actual combat situation. Also, as for the gas powered winches, the speed at which they are wound are insane, and near impossible.

Each winch would need a plutonium fuel cell (fairly large and not cost economical :) ) to wind even close to the speed that they do in the anime.

And finally, the reaction speeds of human beings are nowhere near what would be needed to coordinate navigation, speed information, targeting, balancing, etc. that's required when fighting a titan.

And that will be the end of my damper on this awesome show :D

Very pleased you started this thread Exo, although I wasn't sure enough people in this forum were watching it to merit a separate thread. And putting Mikasa in her martial stance as the first picture was a nice move. Now we only need Annie's yandere smile.

2 episodes to go.

I'm glad to see this show got its own thread. First of all, it's nice to see another anime that both fans from the East and the West can enjoy. Another thing I enjoy about this show is the lack of fanservice, loli, moe, beach episode, bathing scenes, magical girl etc that's been clogging every season. Sure, some of that stuff is fun, but if we can cut that down by 50% that'd be great. :D Anyways, I also hope SnK doesn't go the way of other shonen shows/ manga where it ends up derailing itself into pointlessness. Like many have said, after these last two episodes it will be time to read the manga and wait for season 2. Since SnK turned out to be such a big hit I hope they'll get even more backers to have an even larger budget for the show.

Oh yeah and max factory has my wallet by the balls with all of the figmas. :lol:

The manga is so far ahead and still, we know so very little about titans. I'm worried that attack on titan will degenerate to naruto or something, with hundreds of episodes.

There is the risk that this series might not have a proper conclusion for some years, but I doubt that it'll degenerate to Naruto levels. I've read that the writer has the storyline including the ending thought out in advance, which is generally a good sign. Of course that doesn't impede that by pressures from the magazine/studios, he starts pumping extra arcs or side stories to rake in even more cash.

Great to see this thread. Awesome manga and awesome fight animations for the anime.

When i started reading the manga long ago I never imagined that an anime version would be such a huge success.

BTW, if anybody missed the preorder for the Mikasa figma, here is a place tha is still taking orders:

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/maxfigwd00203.html

Very pleased you started this thread Exo, although I wasn't sure enough people in this forum were watching it to merit a separate thread. And putting Mikasa in her martial stance as the first picture was a nice move. Now we only need Annie's yandere smile.

2 episodes to go.

This one? lol.

annielaugh1379376335.jpg

Mikasa's response look... "what's so funny?"

mikasawsf1379376367.jpg

Pretty awesome episode again. There's a lot of stuff that isn't in the manga but it was pretty good and added a lot of tension to the episode. The preview really left me wondering how they're going to wrap things up next chapter.