This Is the End was originally released on June 12 and was met with critical acclaim, with fans and critics calling it the best comedy of Summer 2013 (at least for those who didn't watch The World's End). Directed by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, the film is a remake of the 2007 short film Jay and Seth Versus the Apocalypse. The film stars Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride and Craig Robinson, along with a whole bunch of other actors, as they must deal with the apocalypse outside James Franco's house.

And for those who missed out on the release, Sony Pictures brought it back in theaters on September 6. The rest of the world gets to see it for the first time starting this week.

Due to the success of the film, a sequel is in the works.

Official Site

Edited by areaseven

Just came back from the theaters and I must say this movie is just wrong on so many levels, but very well-played on the apocalyptic theme mixed with bags of weed. While the story feels like a bunch of stand-up comedy skits sewn together, all the actors do a great job insulting each other while all hell breaks loose. The film pays a lot of small homages to Pineapple Express while throwing jabs at common horror film tropes such as exorcism. And Channing Tatum's cameo appearance will make your sides hurt for weeks.

Yes, most people will say This Is the End is not as funny as The World's End, but that's not the point. Both films have completely different styles of comedy, and they deliver to their respective fans. If anything, this film makes me want to watch The World's End even more and get both movies on Blu-ray Disc.

Here are a couple of reviews to explain more:

Edited by areaseven

Both This Is The End and The World's End are excellent summer comedies and easily some of the best of the last few years. But I will say this; I had high expectations for The World's End and while I loved the film (being especially appreciative of the more dramatic tone), it fell just short of the high benchmark set by Hot Fuzz. Conversely, I had no expectations for This Is The End but it surprised me at almost every turn and is now easily one of my favorite comedies of all time. Funny how that turned out.

• 2 weeks later...