Creed II is a combo of Rocky III and IV (III = Protagonist gets beaten badly, has to reinvent himself.  IV = Protagonist has to fight Soviet/Russian dude who killed someone close to him. . . well, technically, the Russian’s dad).

If there’s any parallels for Creed III, it’s probably to the first Black Panther movie.  Michael B. is now in the T’Challa role, the guy blessed with the good life, family, and success.  While Jonathan Majors is in the Killmonger role, as the dude that kinda got screwed over in life.  Both practically family, but circumstances fated their lives differently.

The first two Creed films were good.  I don’t expect realistic boxing fights.  But looking to be entertained by a solid story.

. . . AND TRAINING MONTAGES!!!1!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 4:00 AM, TangledThorns said:

Finally watched the first CREED on PRIME last week, really good! Will have to catch up on the second film soon!

Creed honestly shocked me with how good it was.  It was the perfect extension of the Rocky series, and Sly was robbed - ROBBED I SAY! - of a Best Supporting Actor Oscar.  Old Rocky was so much fun, and Adonis had just the right mix of recognizable underdog and edgy young man to be a compelling protagonist.

That five-ish minute single-take fight with Leo was a sight to behold.  Suck it, Taken, with your fifty three gazillion cuts to show one man climbing a fence!