Wow... that was an incredible finale.

I didn't expect Pyrrha to get shot down by Cinder. That was a gut wrenching moment. I fully expected her to get out of danger somehow, especially when Ruby was running up the side of the tower. Instead she did her own Obi-wan disappearing act which then introduced another important character point for Ruby too. I'm also thinking that it will be interesting to see how the writers develop Jaune, since he is no longer Pyrrha's foil.

But the old team is split up now. Blake is on her own. Yang is out of sorts and depressed (understandably) and recovering at home, Weiss is back with her family.

It will be very interesting to see where the story goes from here next season.

My girlfriend finally got around to watching all of season 3, and I watched much of it by being in proximity. I liked this season way better than the others, as the writing and story felt much more complete. The finale was pretty shocking, of course, and it all really had an Empire Strikes Back feel to it. People died, disappeared, lost all hope; and the situation became very dire. But there are still some who continue to forge on, even without friends and mentors to support them. Even though I'm not a huge fan, I am very curious to see what direction the show goes next year.

The show is a classic sleeper hit for me. I started watching it as an experiment, because I was familiar with Red vs Blue, and because Monty's style was unique. At first the art was the main draw, then the music. As the actors started to take to their roles and the writing improved, I got hooked on the whole thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<snip>

RWBY: Grimm Eclipse

I bought the game during the Steam Summer Sale. It's short, but a lot of fun and multiplayer is easy to get into.

I don't know if any add-on packs or dlc are planned for it, but it would be cool to see more campaigns available at some point. Especially if the developers included a way to play as members from team JNPR as well as team RWBY.

Edited by technoblue

And here's the Japanese dub.

Cast

Saori Hayami (Tsubasa in Mazinkaiser SKL, Yurin in Mobile Suit Gundam AGE) as Ruby Rose

Yoko Hikasa (Lafter in Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Houki in Infinite Stratos) as Weiss Schnee

Yu Shimamura (Annie in Attack on Titan, Aida in Gundam Reconguista in G) as Blake Belladonna

Ami Koshimizu (Mikumo in Macross Delta, Kallen in Code Geass) as Yang Xiao Long

Hiro Shimono (Ayato in RahXephon, Takuya in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn) as Jaune Arc

Megumi Toyoguchi (Klan Klang in Macross Frontier, Mihiro in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn) as Pyrrha Nikos

Soma Saito (Yuutarou in Aldnoah.Zero, Yamagi in Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) as Lie Ren

Aya Suzuki (Kaede in Assassination Classroom, Mikuru in Aikatsu!) as Nora Valkyrie

Kazuhiko Inoue (Jerid in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, adult Flit in Mobile Suit Gundam AGE) as Professor Ozpin

Masumi Asano (Hakufu in Ikki Tousen, Black Rose in .hack) as Glynda Goodwitch

Shinichiro Miki (Lockon in Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Kurz in Full Metal Panic!) as Roman Torchwick

Kikuko Inoue (Belldandy in Ah! My Goddess, Grace in Macross Frontier) as the Narrator

The Japanese dub is excellent. B))

I took a risk on the limited edition release of volume 1, and I liked it so much that I went and pre-ordered volumes 2 and 3. For me, this was a double dip worth making. In other RWBY news, ThreeZero's Weiss Schnee has shipped! Yay!

Edited by technoblue

I noticed that some new RWBY figures from medicos snuck in under the radar, but I don't know how these compare to figmas or figuarts.

Could be interesting and worth it for those looking to collect a smaller scale than the threezero figures...

(credit goes to taghobby)

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-3/%e4%b8%8d%e6%96%b7%e6%9b%b4%e6%96%b0-2016%e5%b9%b47%e6%9c%8824%e6%97%a5-wonder-festival2016%e5%a4%8f-medicos%e5%b1%95%e5%93%81/

post-5492-0-68247400-1469494454_thumb.jpg

Edited by technoblue

Here's what I've found over HobbySearch.

Mostly figures from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Saint Seiya, and Kinnikuman.

Well, they are within S.H. Figuarts and Figma price points, so that's good. I'm just a bit concerned that they haven't done a lot of female figures in their line. Granted, S.H. Figuarts had the same issue, but they've stepped it up a lot over the past couple of years.

At least we can now forget about those horrid, overpriced figures McFarlane Toys released.

Well, they are within S.H. Figuarts and Figma price points, so that's good. I'm just a bit concerned that they haven't done a lot of female figures in their line. Granted, S.H. Figuarts had the same issue, but they've stepped it up a lot over the past couple of years.

At least we can now forget about those horrid, overpriced figures McFarlane Toys released.

Definitely. With the investment that Medicos has in the other lines, I'm also hopeful that we will get beyond team RWBY and see more of the characters in figure form.

Chibi RWBY is a fun distraction, although I do wonder what the plans are for the next regular season.

Good question, as many fans are not happy with Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross taking over the series. Otherwise, here are some predictions for Vol. 4:

1. Pyrrha's death proved that everyone is fair game, so expect major deaths - especially among Team RWBY.

2. Weiss will run away from Atlas to regroup with her former teammates.

3. Yang will probably get a cybernetic right arm.

4. Blake and Adam will probably end up killing each other.

5. There will be some sort of climax involving Ruby's true form - it will either consume her and the entire Remnant civilization, or she'll find some way to get rid of it and save the world in the process.

Good question, as many fans are not happy with Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross taking over the series. Otherwise, here are some predictions for Vol. 4:

1. Pyrrha's death proved that everyone is fair game, so expect major deaths - especially among Team RWBY.

2. Weiss will run away from Atlas to regroup with her former teammates.

3. Yang will probably get a cybernetic right arm.

4. Blake and Adam will probably end up killing each other.

5. There will be some sort of climax involving Ruby's true form - it will either consume her and the entire Remnant civilization, or she'll find some way to get rid of it and save the world in the process.

Thank you for the predictions, areaseven. I agree in part, but I've added my own nuances to some of them below:

1. Pyrrha's death proved that no one is safe, as did Yang getting maimed. I'm not sure how this will affect future characters, though. Pyrrah's actress maintains that her death was planned from the beginning. Perhaps other members of JNPR may die (Jean)? Maybe JNPR is the tragic team?
  2. Yang may turn evil/corrupt, unless her mother shows up and helps her again somehow.
  3. Blake and Adam could face off if Blake stops running; I don't know if that would end in a star-wars-ish (Luke vs Vader) death.
  4. Ruby's new form is pivotal to the story, no doubt. How that will work is anyone's guess at this point. One thing I'm hoping for is that the writers expand on it, instead of treating it as a Mcguffin. I would like to get more of an explanation for this trait of hers.