Fixing my 11B

close313

First day of transforming and I already broke the notch locking the bending nose part to the fuselage :unsure: . Broke it while trying to transform to battroid the first time. The tiny tiny notch (not the whole thing that sticks out) broke off and wonder if there is any fixes. I plastic glue'd the portion back but didn't last long, half of it is gone after a few transformations. Here's an image on how it broke.

vf-11b.jpg

What kind of fix is strong enough?

Happened to my 11B too last year. The easiest way to avoid this is to push the cockpit part up and the main body down when unlocking this tab.

I fixed mine by cutting a small grey piece of plastic from a discarded sprue tree. While it is relatively small, it's still bigger than the piece that broke off. I then super glued this to the broken tab and filed it until it was about the same shape and size as the original tab. It's stil holding up fine... I'll try to take a pic later...

Edited by m0n5t3r

• 3 years later...

Plastic welder formulated for ABS (also known as plastic cement, liquid cement, or plastic solvent) is absolutely the way to go... stay away from Super Glue.  It would be best, if at all possible, to disassemble the shoulder so that you have unobstructed access to the affected part.  Add a single small drop to the split and clamp it until molten plastic oozes out.  Let cure at least a day, then trim/file down the "scar tissue" (the now hardened oozed out plastic).  Lastly, sand down the area with a fine grit sanding stick or sand paper to eliminate file or knife scraping marks, and finish off by polishing the area with a fingernail buffing stick until it matches, as closely as you can get it, the surface sheen of the rest of the part.

Once everything is reassembled, it should be hard to tell that the crack was ever there.