screenshots for the new robotech game

I don't know who does people are, I think someone else pointed them out.

Seloy was one of the main villans in Robotech 2 The Sentinels: The Malcontent Uprisings. It happens in the ten year span between Macross and the Sentinels. She was an old friend of Miriya's and she led a group of radical Zentradie in the wastlands. It's a shame that HG has the mini series non canon because it's pretty good. It goes deep into the Zentradie culture and features a ritualistic battle suicide. Two leaders of the Malcontents are captured and want to die a warriors' death. So, Breetai and Miriya hunt them down with armed veritechs while the Malcontents are flying unarmed ones. It's a pretty violent scene. Kimora is the female ace you fight during the Battlecry game. She goes completely crazy after a few battles with her. :ph34r:

It's a shame that HG has the mini series non canon because it's pretty good. It goes deep into the Zentradie culture and features a ritualistic battle suicide.

Before the Wildstorm comics came about, all comic series before it are ALWAYS NON-CANON because the stories are treated the same way as fanfic stories: unofficial stories that have no bearing to the timeline. The Robotech Reference Guide did treat the Malcontent Uprisings as canon because they want to put a logical reason for the establishment of the Southern Cross Armies.

Two leaders of the Malcontents are captured and want to die a warriors' death. So, Breetai and Miriya hunt them down with armed veritechs while the Malcontents are flying unarmed ones. It's a pretty violent scene.

I have the issue that contained that story but Seloy was not one of the particapents. Miriya confronted Seloy about her plans to wipe out the South American towns and Miriya killed both Seloy and her son to delay her master plan.

As for the fight, the Zentraedi weren't piloting Veritechs; they were piloting Stingers, which are junk-heap armed battloids with flight cabalities.

Here's what the Stinger battloids looked like:

http://www.steelfalcon.com/Mecha/stinger.shtml

Kimora is the female ace you fight during the Battlecry game. She goes completely crazy after a few battles with her. :ph34r:

Tell me about it. Her shrieking voice and her missile barrages pisses me off when I confront her in the game, especially the no-clip ceiling that prevents me of going higher. :angry:

P.S. - based on my hatred of the first robotech game, they had better wow me with this one because I was not impressed with the last one. Now if someone would dump a few hundred grand down me to make the next Robotech game I could assemble a team and show them how it is supposed to be done.  B)

ah, Vicious Cycle's based in Chapel Hill, NC, right? If you all really care, write down your complaints and I can drive 45 min and give them to them. ;)

Edited by Wes

I think it looks good too.

People wouldn't be drooling over it if the artist was contracted by BW. Remember how a lot of people HATED the Macross Zero character designs?

Also, you can't compare the reaction from fanart to that of professional art. People here are much nicer when it comes to fanart.

Before the Wildstorm comics came about, all comic series before it are ALWAYS NON-CANON because the stories are treated the same way as fanfic stories: unofficial stories that have no bearing to the timeline. The Robotech Reference Guide did treat the Malcontent Uprisings as canon because they want to put a logical reason for the establishment of the Southern Cross Armies.

Wait a second... let me see if I understand you correctly:

You're saying that every comic made before the Wildstorm comics were never "official".

If that's what your saying, your wrong. HG was involved in the whole kit-and-kaboodle. And it was official, at the time.

But then HG realised that everything they had done with RT after the initial series (including the movie, the Jack McKinney novels, the Sentinels, Malcontent Uprisings comics) kind of blew chunks. So they decided to revoke their canon status and start over.

Looks pretty good to me.

on a side note...

oh no..she's a meltran with red hair and she's an ace..she's a ripoff of so and so :p

seriously....

almost reminds me about how people thought that new veritech in robotech 3000 or whatever was a ripoff of the vf-4 since it had nacelles :p

Looks pretty good to me.

on a side note...

oh no..she's a meltran with red hair and she's an ace..she's a ripoff of so and so :p

seriously....

almost reminds me about how people thought that new veritech in robotech 3000 or whatever was a ripoff of the vf-4 since it had nacelles :p

Typical.... no one said she was a rip off or anything. <_<

And if I remember well... ppl said the new veritech was a rip off simply because it was 99% similar to the VF4. <_<

I may not be partial to Tommy Yune's artwork... but he's in print and apparently making money from his work. Are you? If not then quitcherbitchen. :p It is sooooo easy to critique people's work... heck I do it for a living. But in order for your critique to hold any worth you have to be able to show the person being critiqued "how it is done".

I don't happen to dislike this Yune piece(a litote!!!). I think it is ok as opposed to the awful MPC box art. However, I do have a problem with your reasoning that Yune's work must have merit because he is making money off of it.

As Exo said, Yune is a successful artist because he can make money from his art. This hardly means his stuff is good, just as teen pop music is hardly good and yet makes millions.

As long as you have a sense of aesthetic of what is good and what is not then you have a right to criticism. I don't have to be able to sculpt like Michaelangelo or paint like Da Vinci before I can say that some of the art at my local art gallery is amateurish. I have enough taste to recognize talent for what it is.

Yune has talent. Some of his work are quite nice. However, his talent is only in imitation. I have yet to see a Yune original that screams with talent. Only when he is imitating others do I see quality. His talent thus is limited by his creativity. He can't develop a unique style of his own that is any good as compared to the creative minds of those he imitates well. For instance look for his DYRL piece on RT.com; it is very well done, but is merely an imitation of Mikimoto. Now look at his MPC stuff or even Kiyora; the former is ugly as he tries to impart his own style to it while the latter is fine but not inspirational due to the generic style he employs.

So in closing, not only can I say Yune's work isn't all that great, I have a right to say so despite not being an artist myself.

vinnie

All I was saying was put up or shut up. So many people are so dang hard on Tommy Yune, the guy is just a simple corporate artist... like me. He does what he is told to do, his masters seem happy with his work and he gets paid. More power to him. People are so harsh on him and I think it's because a lot of them might not understand what he is handed to work with... being someone who works in a similair (or the same) field will give you more insights into his work and perhaps change a lot of the gripes. Maybee HG likes his style... in the end that is all that matters. We can bitch and moan all we want, it will just be empty critisism... but if one of his superiors in HG says "this is crap" or one of the other HG corporate artists one-ups him then we will see a change.

All I was saying was put up or shut up. So many people are so dang hard on Tommy Yune, the guy is just a simple corporate artist... like me. He does what he is told to do, his masters seem happy with his work and he gets paid. More power to him. People are so harsh on him and I think it's because a lot of them might not understand what he is handed to work with... being someone who works in a similair (or the same) field will give you more insights into his work and perhaps change a lot of the gripes. Maybee HG likes his style... in the end that is all that matters. We can bitch and moan all we want, it will just be empty critisism... but if one of his superiors in HG says "this is crap" or one of the other HG corporate artists one-ups him then we will see a change.

apparently, he does some writing, as well. i think he wrote a couple of issues for a Danger Girl Miniseries called Kamikaze. the reviews i read were pretty good.

Fourth Rail's review of Tommy Yune's Danger Girl

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

hmmm.... after reading the last few posts it seems that mostly everyone agrees but there's still to be argument.

Anime/manga is a genre where people choose to draw in a similar manner (read: similar, not exactly the same), so I don't see why when it comes to Yune it becomes imitation. All of the Tatsanuko produced characters that this argument stems from were drawn very similarly even though they had seperate and very talented character designers. (Mikimoto vs. Amano) My belief is that Yune adhered to the style that was chosen for this type of anime. So, quit the witch-hunt. Like JsArclight said, if it's not him it would be somebody else.

(He's still a putz for that Studio Yune thing. :p )

Also, you can't compare the reaction from fanart to that of professional art. People here are much nicer when it comes to fanart.

But that's exactly my point.

You guys wanna talk about hacks... let's talk about Adam Warren!!!

But that's exactly my point.

You guys wanna talk about hacks... let's talk about Adam Warren!!!

hey, Warren's Gen 13 run almost made that book readable again!!! they made him give up the book so a real hack, Chris Claremont, could relaunch the title!!!

Wait a second... let me see if I understand you correctly:

You're saying that every comic made before the Wildstorm comics were never "official".

They're still official...just not canon. Closest Macross analog that comes to mind is Macross II's limbo situation, still official Macross, now dumped for continuity sake.

At any rate, presently only the 85 episodes and the Wildstorm comics are the new RT canon. Of course the question of the hour is when the Wildstorm comics conflict with the 85 episodes, which is canon then.... ^_^

Cyc

Hey, guys, I got the EGM with the article today. But my little bro took it to school. So I'll see if I can coax my scanner into working and throw up a scan.

Time to get a new brother I say. :lol:

Hey, he gets everything, nothing I can do. The little bastard got a 1/48, and I still don't have one.

Edited by Commander McBride

Hey, guys, I got the EGM with the article today. But my little bro took it to school. So I'll see if I can coax my scanner into working and throw up a scan.

Hey, he gets everything, nothing I can do. The little bastard got a 1/48, and I still don't have one.

Life ain't fair is it? My sisters get all the love too.... unlimited credit card and all. :(

How old is he? How old are you?

Hmm....I can't kill him, though. He has the mighty 1/48 to protect him, and my Glaug is MIA. And besides, he has this big axe, and all i've got are my beat up old katanas.... But if I could de-fold a ship on top of him....... :lol:

Hmmm... sounds like you need help them. :D

woah...do you realide this is the second thread we've hijacked this morning? :lol:

Yeah... better get in back on topic before the mods crack down on us.

Yeah.... Tommy Yune style is improving.... as long as he doesn't try to copy already existing styles. <_<

woah...do you realide this is the second thread we've hijacked this morning?  :lol:

Yeah... better get in back on topic before the mods crack down on us.

Yeah.... Tommy Yune style is improving.... as long as he doesn't try to copy already existing styles. <_<

Everyone copies existing styles. For example everyone in american comics "borrows" heavily from Jack Kirby, etc.

Tommy "Studio" Yune is getting better. It'll will be true evolution if he begins to actually distinguish himself from all of the other "anime-like" U.S. artists and develop a style that is unique to himself, while still showing where he got his influences.

But progress is progress.

Now someone kill this useless, misnamed, and unwanted thread. B)