Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Is Arcadia's VF-1 really that much better than Yamato's?

This is my question as well. I just do not see the value proposition in picking up Arcadia's VF-1 vs. the Yammie V2s that I have already. I mean, I guess if you play with your valks more than you keep them posed, or boxed up, I totally get it if Arcadia's is better constructed and holds up to abuse. I don't actually mess with the valks that I have unboxed, so I wouldn't know. Unless Arcadia released something that had near model-like detailing on one of the VF-1's I am in the boat that I don't need it. Honestly, with Arcadia's currently known licenses the only thing that has my attention is the VF-0 reactive armor set, whenever that comes to light.

Preordered one for myself. My current Roy has been customized and never transformed since then in order to preserve the finish.

I may keep this in battroid since it will have fixed shoulders and side covers. My old one is better for fighter mode as it has the tinted canopy.

My old Yammies are still good, but preordered this Arcadia just the heck of it. Even tho it's bright white with pink armpits, it is still the excellent v2.

I really wish they release the TV booby-duck edition since it's one variant I've been missing.

Bring on the M&M's and Sunset Beach as well!

:bump:

Edited by treatment

Is Arcadia's VF-1 really that much better than Yamato's?

I think that's something for each person to decide individually. For me, it is that much better than my Yamato, which is the older v2.0 DYRL Roy strike set and came complete with brittle shoulders and cracked hinges. I discovered Jenius's master list of safe and unsafe Valkyries later. Unfortunately, by the time I learned about it the cost to replace mine with a safe Yamato version had already started to get silly:

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Arcadia-VF-1J-30th-12.jpg

The Arcadia version may use white paint that's fun to debate, but the Arcadia mold feels more in line with the safe Yamato 2.2 versions that have improved plastic quality and engineering. And for me, the MSRP is more of a bargain. If you find a similarly priced box set on Mandarake for example, with like new super/strike parts and Valkyrie, it usually only lasts an instant.

Edited by technoblue

Bit the bullet and preordered as well. Now i have two arcadia VF-1S Roy. One is the first release and the other is the FPs set. Arcadia should not have release the valks as a standalone if the release of FPs is an issue

Edited by recon

Ordered 2 when I posted the HLJ link a page ago.

Hopefully this means a Hikaru and Max are being planned as well.

-b.

If that one gets released in the next few months... what will I do now with my 2 Arcadia Hikarus then? :wacko: But then again, I would love to get two of those if ever. :wub:

Going to pass since I have the Arcadia Roy. If anyone is willing to part away the strike parts I'll pick them up.

I think the Strike/Super Packs are the reason why most people are getting this bundle. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Anyone know if Mr. K confirmed by Twitter (or other means) if this new release will have all the tampo?

I ask: how many releases of the same Valk we have to buy in order to have something complete (with all tampo) and well done?

In the first version of this valk... lacked the triangle under canopy. In the VF-0D/VF-0A/VF-0S... lacked the "U.N. Spacy" on the legs.

They are very expensive toys. Is it some kind of joke? :angry::huh:

Forgive the question being asked for the umpteenth time, but has this been more or less confirmed to be the same as the old 2.0 Yamato, FAST Packs and all? Anything new in this at all? This is suddenly very high up on my list of first purchase items, despite all the white innards. Only something like a VF-0 w/ Ghost could bump this out of my tunnel vision right now.

The color is really why I keep going back to the old Yamato releases. I just don't like the blinding white so much.

I'd love to grab a DYRL Max 1S, but only if it matched all my other old Yamato releases, because I don't think I'm going to keep the Arcadia Hikaru and Roy that I already got at the original release.

The color is really why I keep going back to the old Yamato releases. I just don't like the blinding white so much.

I'd love to grab a DYRL Max 1S, but only if it matched all my other old Yamato releases, because I don't think I'm going to keep the Arcadia Hikaru and Roy that I already got at the original release.

Yep, this is the main issue I have. I would like to have a full DYRL squad - I am missing the VF-1A Kakizaki Strike to round out the group. If Arcadia did release the full squad, the color difference would necessitate a full re-up on each valk. Not going to do that, especially since I love having both versions of the Hikaru DYRL S/A. I keep the majority in fighter mode when I display them. I guess I'd rather bust out four 1/48 Haesgawa kits then do this all over, but man...that's a lot of work.

Anyone know if Mr. K confirmed by Twitter (or other means) if this new release will have all the tampo?

I ask: how many releases of the same Valk we have to buy in order to have something complete (with all tampo) and well done?

In the first version of this valk... lacked the triangle under canopy. In the VF-0D/VF-0A/VF-0S... lacked the "U.N. Spacy" on the legs.

They are very expensive toys. Is it some kind of joke? :angry::huh:

I understand the frustrations created by Arcadia when it comes to tampo prints. I, too, get frustrated about this multiple of times now. But yet, still here I am buying their releases once in awhile. It's true that the only solution to this probably if the whole customers will boycott them and stop purchasing their products. But that's not the case here. Most people are hungry for good Macross product and even though Arcadia's releases are hits and misses due to QC defects, loose joints, missed tampo prints, etc., people still buy them since there's no other company that makes the same size as what Arcadia produces. To be honest, 1/60 scale is really a good size for a transforming Macross toy.

I know Mr.K already posted on their blog before regarding their price increase. And the reason why there's few tampo prints. I remember he said that he wants people to have freedom to customize their own toy. Hence the multiple U.N.Spacy, Navy, etc. stickers on recent VF-0 releases. I know it's bull**** excuse, but what can we do? It's either we don't buy their releases. But wait... is there a different company who's making a VF-0D? See the catch here? I mean, they got us hooked. But it's really up to us if we're going to continue buying their toys or not. We can keep on bashing them all day and all night. But I don't think they're going to listen to us 100%. And I don't think they care. Esp to us, foreign customers.

Also, regarding some of the tampos they show on the promotional images? Some of them are the stickers that comes with the toy itself. Only few are tampoed. And it's not the same as what Yamato used to do before.

Anyways, don't think of me as pro-Arcadia or whatever. I'm only just a regular Macross Valk collector. :)

Hmmm, I think I was waiting for this one but can't remember. Just got the 0S. Don't have a 19, like the look of the new 29 and have the HMR Roy on its way. Just booked three of the HMR CF's for September, and I'm going for the Monster's in July. I really ought'a give August a break...

I'm not sure if this was posted days ago but it looks like Arcadia offered limited display stands for the first 10 orders on their direct online store based on their Twitter feed.

Edited by no3ljm

I want to know this also...

Please Mr. K don't show promotional images with all tampo and then sell valks without those.

The same company that showed this when asking for VF-0D preorders?

FIGURE-008624_03.jpg

1415950782575.jpg

I'd have been ok with the minimal markings if it had actually released in "slate blue with pale grey undersides".

But that pic's not even close to what we actually got.