Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

The right one is the supposed Arcadia VF-1S and the left is the Yamato, right?

Yes. In the other close-ups of the Yamato VF-1S, there appears to be some kind of weathering applied to it as well. Apparently, the Yamato is the one without the stickers (the "no step" decals are missing from the wings). Personally, outside of decals, I cannot see too many differences in that specific shot of the two Valkyries together. I agree with YF-29, I hope we get better photographs with higher resolution and better lighting.

Edited by technoblue

Hrmmm, not sure how I feel about the new white on these new DYRL VF-1 variants. On one hand I could see why they would do it. It will be a bit easier to distinguish the Yamato from the Arcadia. On the other hand I wish they would have color matched the Yamato DYRL valks. I already have all of the Yamato ones and was kinda hoping to maybe get dupes for all and have multiples in one display in different modes, I wonder if it will be noticeable when they are side by side.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think for roy since he already has a TV white version, it's nice to have the DYRL color to contrast it (as well as the low viz) but i guess i'll check it out for the other DYRL valks before having a preference.

I guess I have to wait for a Kakizaki VF-1A from Arcadia. I'm actually glad that I didn't pulled the trigger on the Yamato DYRL Kakizaki custom.

I still prefer the off-white tone of the Yamato ones. Maybe I should cancel my preorders and see if I could get a Skull Squadron from Yamato. -_-

Because trying to get the right canon ocurrance between SDFM and DYRL wasn't confusing enough, Macross The First is the same storyline in it core of SDFM but with several new changes. :wacko:

At first I didn't like the new head design, but the new scheme really suits the more menacing look.

167504209_big.v1379348747.jpg

so.....not sure if everyone saw this but in the yf-19 thread it was posted that the dryl valks from arcadia are going to be white white....like the tv valks (with confrmation fro mmr. k on twitter). not sure i like that being that all my other dyrl valks are off white....so the question now is "do i care if they match being that i have an off white roy already?" really annoying actually...now do i sell off my dyrl valks and replace them all as they come from arcadia, or attempt to sell off this preorder have for the vf-1s roy and get a misb yamato with option parts version...or do neither and just "appreciate the differences". ugghh. man this wouldn't be so huge an issue if i ever got aroudn to picking up the vf-1s max (the only dyrl valk i want and don't have and don't want to pay aftermarket prices for). i don't understand arcadia. clearly they know we are a niche market that is very picky.....and they (including mr. k) wait until now to disclose this...which causes us semi OCD people to go bonkers. i'm almost fuming righ tnow. ok done fuming...they just want us ocd f*ckers to buy more aka rebuy the whole line....which...i am not prepared to do. now if they start releasing the tv valks in off white dyrl yamato white the hate will be strong.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Personally I'm happy with the toy in either color, although I do slightly prefer the "TV white" so I guess Mr. K's confirmation is good news for me.

The whole off-white for DYRL thing has always been a head-scratcher for me since the valks in the movie look just as white as the TV valks to me.

so in my ocd mind i came up with a "solution". the yamato ones will become my "weathered" set(albeit incomplete without the vf-1s max). i'll do a light weathering wash on them....and the off white is a part of the "weathering" these battle tested valks have where as the new arcadia ones are "new shiny? ones. that will explain why some are white and some are off white (and weatherd in the future) to me. sounds like i'm gonna rebuy at least significant portion of the line this way. ;-\