Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

A Max 1S would be quite nice. For those of us that came into this late, though, the Arcadia releases are still a good option (even with less markings out of the box). I guess these differences mean that Yamato VF-1 types will still be able to pull a premium on the secondary market? I noticed that the 30th Anniversary VF-1 Valkyries are getting betweem $200 and $250US on ebay. I haven't checked any other sites.

man, less tampo...guess i should have bought one of the many reissues (the most recent ones had the option parts too right?) of the dyrl back then instead of just holding on to my original v2.0 (which by some miracle still has no cracks although shoulder hinge is loose). now all i'm getting is a stand. i suppose i could elave the new one in battroid and have the old one in fighter...as the alck of tampo son't be as evident in battroid mode.

Does anyone have a confirmation on what is and what is not being tampo'd? If it's just the ejection seat, it's still a buy, but if it comes like the 1/48's with no kite, no skull emblem on the fuselage and only tampo stripes and tail fins then I am out totally. So does anyone actually know what is and what is not being tampo'd? Just want to level set understanding on the forum.

to sum it up, it just means the inverted triangle is not tampo'd on like Mr. K said it wouldn't.

In the discussion above, this is what David told me and Valkyrie addict. I hope that means the rest of the Tampo is safe for this release, but I'll let David chime in, in case I missed something.

Edited by technoblue

In the discussion above, this is what David told me and Valkyrie addict. I hope that means the rest of the Tampo is safe for this release, but I'll let David chime in, in case I missed something.

Thanks, I'll wait for there response, David is usually accurate. I just want to be sure the data isn't leaning to a bare tampo valk.

I am very much looking forward to this. I haven't had a movie Roy since the very first release of the 1/60 V2 years ago. I got rid of that one due to the bad shoulders (this was before replacements were available) and never got around to replacing it since the subsequent reissues usually happened around the time there were other toys being released that I wanted. The timing is perfect with this one as there hasn't been a Macross toy for me to buy in months and wont be another one until the 19. I really couldn't care any less about the ejection seat tampo, and frankly I never would have noticed it missing. I appreciate the tiny tampo details but I see them more as a luxury than a neccessity.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It was said early MrK apologized that the ejection tampo was now a sticker.

+1, everything should be the same in terms of markings. Maybe i should put a disclaimer that i can't guarantee it since i don't work for Arcadia ;) and i'm looking forward to seeing the release just like everyone else. but i highly doubt there is going to be any changes at all except that one marking he mentioned.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Not related to the lack of tampo printing or accessories or anything like that, but I've just reduced my pre-order amount from (3) to (2). If possible I try to order at least (2) of any items I like, but I must have gotten pre-order happy when I put (3) of these things in my cart. :wacko:

I'd also like a re-issue of a Max VF-1S along with a Super Ostrich, Elint and VF-1D since I sold my only Elint, my extra Max and never did get around to buying the Super O or 1D.

But beggars recently placed on a budget can't be choosey.

-b.

Sorry, I forgot to put a smiley face, it was meant in a friendly way just so you know. I don't think I've ever seriously corrected anyone's grammar in the 15 years I've been internetting. :)

All Good, reminds me of busting on my friends back home. It was welcome :) People on this site are great.

Outside of the Tampo topic also, I would like to see Arcadia do something with the undercarriage and swing-arm detail like Bandai has done with their 25's. A huge opportunity there to improve an already great design. When you look at it, its really just left bland.

Edited by sreichma

Quoting Renato from the YF-19 thread:

I can't find any tweet where he said it was going to be whiter than or white like the DYRL valks.

I can only assume you are getting confused with the content of the 21:06 tweet on the 7th, where he says "This is not about the 19, but the subsequent DYRL VF-1's are all going to be white, in accordance with everyone's opinions."

So will all the DYRL VF-1s from Arcadia will have the same bright white as the SDF:M releases from Yamato?

On the pictures over at HLJ they still look off-white.

Did someone saw the samples at the last exhibit?

The right one is the supposed Arcadia VF-1S and the left is the Yamato, right?

Seems to me that the Arcadia white is brighter or my eyes are just playing tricks on me.. lol. So I'm guessing that's the new DYRL VF-1 white that we'll see in the upcoming releases.

post-12002-0-47755600-1384064456_thumb.png

Edited by Falcon18

Outside of the Tampo topic also, I would like to see Arcadia do something with the undercarriage and swing-arm detail like Bandai has done with their 25's. A huge opportunity there to improve an already great design. When you look at it, its really just left bland.

I'm a little confused actually what you mean.. which undercarriage and swing-arm detail are you talking about? I'm not sure which parts of the VF-25 you're referring to.

And anyway, really the only reason I ordered a copy of this VF-1S was to get one of those stands to use all my valks on. :p I'll be slightly sad if they do make it a brighter white, since I don't like worrying about yellowing, but I'll deal with it.

Edited by Chronocidal

The right one is the supposed Arcadia VF-1S and the left is the Yamato, right?

Seems to me that the Arcadia white is brighter or my eyes are just playing tricks on me.. lol. So I'm guessing that's the new DYRL VF-1 white that we'll see in the upcoming releases.

Can't tell... really need to see pictures in a 1920x1080 resolution.