Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Yea I have those 3 v.2 vf-1s focker colors aswell, but I preordered the Arcadia one. I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I keep telling myself that the stand is worth it, but I recently been collecting the mighty block stand #1 and I like those a lot better(if the new stand is anything like the yf-21/sv-51), but if me purchasing another vf-1 supports them then I will buy at least one so other variants will come out.

boarding pilot figure......wonder if that means a pilot climbing up a ladder or something? I'm sure if it has water slide decals it also has the standard adhesive sheat as well. I pre ordered 2, 1 from NY and 1 from HLJ. HLJ was only 140 vs 168 at NY. Hopefully it also brings a possible reboot of the box design etc.

It's been known since the 30th Anniversary VF-1J was announced that the VF-1's were all coming with water slide decals now.

Hey, no need to be snarky about it. Just asking a question. Not all of us have the time to read every single thread and news post about these toys. And I definitely haven't kept up with the 30th anniversary VF-1J, since it's hideous and I won't be buying one.

boarding pilot figure......wonder if that means a pilot climbing up a ladder or something? I'm sure if it has water slide decals it also has the standard adhesive sheat as well. I pre ordered 2, 1 from NY and 1 from HLJ. HLJ was only 140 vs 168 at NY. Hopefully it also brings a possible reboot of the box design etc.

oh yes; if there is one thing that the almighty 1/60 VF-1ver.II needs a full revision of, like all of YAMATO/ARCADIA's many MACROSS VF products,

it is most certainly the box art. ARCADIA marketing staff; please refer to BANDAI 1/100 VF-1 HI-METAL and 2013 1/72 VF-1 PLAMODEL

for ideal examples to aim for, IMHO...

Edited by Shaorin

You can get up to 10 at HLJ, why would you spend the extra to also get one from NY? What shipping method did you choose for the NY pre-order, is it included in the price you gave? Just curious.

Hey, no need to be snarky about it. Just asking a question. Not all of us have the time to read every single thread and news post about these toys. And I definitely haven't kept up with the 30th anniversary VF-1J, since it's hideous and I won't be buying one.

I answered your question. What was snarky about that?

oh yes; if there is one thing that the almighty 1/60 VF-1ver.II needs a full revision of, like all of YAMATO/ARCADIA's many MACROSS VF products,

it is most certainly the box art. ARCADIA marketing staff; please refer to BANDAI 1/100 VF-1 HI-METAL and 2013 1/72 VF-1 PLAMODEL

for ideal examples to aim for, IMHO...

Agreed. A really great box art just definitely adds to the charm of the whole damn thing. I hope Arcadia can come through for us with this.

You can get up to 10 at HLJ, why would you spend the extra to also get one from NY? What shipping method did you choose for the NY pre-order, is it included in the price you gave? Just curious.

Mmmm, I don't understand. It's $153.98 at HLJ vs $141.69 at NY, obviously not including shipping. Did I miss anything?

http://www.hlj.com/product/aca82018

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/5554-1-60-vf-1s-roy-focker-special-movie-ver.html

Sorry, major n00b at this. . . what is the difference between the VF-1S Roy DRYL and TV version? I was going back and forth between the images and couldn't find any.

Oh, I am too! I'm starting my collection again after some time away. I have one SV-51 Nora scheme and one VF-1S v.2 1/60 DYRL Roy scheme. I've been eagerly reading all of the Arcadia news on the forums and I plan to preorder the YF-19 when it is available. That said, my knowledge is limited. The line art is fantastic, but I was under the impression that Yamato used a hybrid cockpit design? Will that change at all under the Arcadia brand?

As I understand it, the main differences in the Yamato valks were:

* The color of the toy: DYRL gray vs TV white

* The color of the gummy pilot: DYRL jumpsuit vs TV jumpsuit

I may have missed some...

Other variants have more obvious differences, such as the heat shield and the Jolly Roger on the VF-1A.

Toy-wise the only differences will be an off white - very light gray color for the DYRL VF-1's and the pilots will have the DYRL flight suits. While the tv versions will be white and have the tv style pilots.

"Actual" differences between the 2 would also include a different cockpit and the redesigned canopy and canopy frames. Mechanical looking hands for the movie version while the TV version would have the rounded cartoonie hands.

The DYRL canopies have a "lip" with vents at the front where the canopy meets the nose seen here:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/vf-1a-fastpack/vf-1-dyrl-cockpit2.gif

Where as the tv version was smooth and blended.

Here is a thread that shows the difference between all 3 versions (tv, movie, and Macross the first comic) scroll down to post #80 to see all 3.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34601&page=3&hl=%2Bdyrl+%2Bcanopy#entry895486

Image from above thread:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Oh, I am too! I'm starting my collection again after some time away. I have one SV-51 Nora scheme and one VF-1S v.2 1/60 DYRL Roy scheme. I've been eagerly reading all of the Arcadia news on the forums and I plan to preorder the YF-19 when it is available. That said, my knowledge is limited. The line art is fantastic, but I was under the impression that Yamato used a hybrid cockpit design? Will that change at all under the Arcadia brand?

As I understand it, the main differences in the Yamato valks were:

* The color of the toy: DYRL gray vs TV white

* The color of the gummy pilot: DYRL jumpsuit vs TV jumpsuit

I may have missed some...

Other variants have more obvious differences, such as the heat shield and the Jolly Roger on the VF-1A.

Since my original reply to his post may have been missed...

Forgot to include the different hands also for the toys

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Guest davidwhangchoi

The first person ever who chose that option might still be waiting for his package. Just sayin'.

just curious if anyone ever did in the past. lol i don't think i can wait that long...

Overall the most distinctive difference on the toy is the blocky hand in dyrl vs rounded hand in tv.

Off white body VS white body

Graphite "black" vs Gray on feet, knee joints, intake covers and stand mounts (Except the CF TV has its unique brownish scheme)

Pilot suits

The rest goes on the paint scheme in tv and movie except an unique 1A head design for each.

Edited by Vi-RS

Guest davidwhangchoi

Graphite vs Gray on feet, knee joints, intake covers and stand mounts (Except the CF TV has its unique brownish scheme)

i don't see this on my vf-1s dyrl vs tv. only see graphite on the low viz and max weathering

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah! sort of bluish grey for the dryl and blacker grey for the tv (Sorry Vi_RS, mistook the photos as the feet being black)

anyways, i think i got the knowledge of the graphite grey from pm'ing you about the weathered max you have a while back haha

from Valkyrie addicts post

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q288/cyclosporine/VF-1S-DYRLFP04_zps48b165d4.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

IIRC the the forearm panels have a different cross section too.... the part that touches the shoulders when the arm is straight...like for fighter mode. One is flat, while the other has a slight U shape.

Chris