Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Got mine in today from HLJ. I think I am going to put this one in the closet for storage. I already have the whole DYRL cast from Yamato on display and don't really have the room for anything atm. The box would have been OK If they left off the goofy pose they have Roy in. I also think they should have omitted the pictures of the toy on the side of the box. The rear looks good to me and I love the flap on the front with the window so I can look at the damn thing without opening the box. You know looking at the back of the box, I think that battroid pose looks better than the one they have on the front.

Got mine in today from HLJ. I think I am going to put this one in the closet for storage. I already have the whole DYRL cast from Yamato on display and don't really have the room for anything atm. The box would have been OK If they left off the goofy pose they have Roy in. I also think they should have omitted the pictures of the toy on the side of the box. The rear looks good to me and I love the flap on the front with the window so I can look at the damn thing without opening the box. You know looking at the back of the box, I think that battroid pose looks better than the one they have on the front.

Got my copies in today from AmiAmi and ditto, agreed, agreed, agreed and agreed.

-b.

Anywhere from a little while to never. It all depends on environmental conditions, sun exposure, smoke exposure, type of plastic, etc. I have white toys almost 40 years old that have never yellowed. I have white toys that yellowed in one year. I just choose not to worry about it because I have a lot of white toys, or toys with white parts, and the vast majority have never yellowed in the slightest.

As for this most recent Roy, people are making it sound as though it's some sort of pure, ultra white. It is not. It's not grey, it's not cream-colored, it's not a shadowy white, and it's not as dark as the Yamato DYRL toys, but it's certainly not pure white. He's not even as bright white as the unpainted kits.

The greatest factor is just which "part" of the batch of plastic did you get? The good stuff at the top? or the gunk at the bottom with the imperfections.

Then all the other factors will age it faster. Nothing you can do really.

Please do post pictures of the Arcadia DYRL VF-1S as i wish to compare what are the changes that are on this valk before i take the plunge to get one. Also may i check are the detailing sheet, waterslide decals or just stickers? Thanks

Both waterslides and stickers. Said about a page back.

I'm guessing prices will stay the same on the Yamato V2s. Then again, they're not that absurd now anyway.

It's always good for the late buyers when something get reissued, but the reissue is an easy pass for me since I already have multiple Yamato's. I will go back for the off white version by Yamato if I need more, same thing goes for those who have incomplete collection in the line.

I'll try to post some photos tonight with a real camera. I had a holiday party after work last night and rather than leave Roy in my cold car for three hours (it was minus 10) I just left him at work. Unfortunately being all alone in the office all night made him a little stir crazy.

post-430-0-26479400-1386772925_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

I always preferred the TV White, so with the addition of water slide decals, a stand and option parts, I might have to pic one of these up. And I just said I'd be taking a break from VF-1's lol. Then again I have two 1As and two 1Js so it's about time I get a 1S (my broken Hi-Metal doesn't count)

Edited by Raptor One

How long does it take for Bright white plastic to yellow?

hard to tell. my original 2008 bad shoulders edition (but mine are ok so far still!) vf-1j hikaru is still very bright white. it is however slightly less bright white than it used to be I think? i only say that because brand new examples of bright white (like my frist tv focker for example) are if you pay super close attention a ever so slightly little whiter. Still i won't say my 2008 vf-1j is "yellowed" at all. Perhaps a bit less eye piercingly white but hold it next to a DYRL yamato valk and it still looks eye piercingly white. i have always kept my white valks (all of them actually) behind glass though and never have used CFL bulbs in the same room. i think that if you can get the white valks behind glass, you're fine. YMMV of course!

Mostly I'm asking because some people are talking like these toys are faulty and will immediately turn yellow within a year when I've had many all white toys (not just Valks) that have been going strong for ten years now. I suppose the Valks proper have been on for about four and show no signs of changing color. I mean, it took fifteen years but my SNES isn't the original color it used to be anymore so it's not like much darker plastics can't go bad either.

Mostly I'm asking because some people are talking like these toys are faulty and will immediately turn yellow within a year when I've had many all white toys (not just Valks) that have been going strong for ten years now. I suppose the Valks proper have been on for about four and show no signs of changing color. I mean, it took fifteen years but my SNES isn't the original color it used to be anymore so it's not like much darker plastics can't go bad either.

This.

How I eat my words....

While looking at my 30th Hikaru 1-S with the reissued Super Packs - I had one of those thoughts.

"What if someday this breaks or a scratch happens or it turns yellow and I won't be able to get one because so many years have passed and nobody will know what Macross even is by then and nobody will have any of these toys in the whole world and I will have to search the globe all over to find them like it used to be when I tried collecting toys before the internet was around and if I do find one, just one, it might not be in good shape or it might be broken or it might be yellow and even if it is ok maybe it will be too much, it might be like $2,000 and I'll never ever have one like this ever again."

So I pre-ordered and paid for the Special Movie Verson Hirkaru 1-S

Edited by sreichma

Not gonna lie, I suffer from that same form of deductive reasoning when I make purchases. I remember wanting to own a truly accurate depiction of a Verite..err...Valkyrie when I was a kid so now that I'm able to readily find (or the most part afford) them I buy, buy, buy.

-b.

Nah...if it's something people want and the demand is strong enough....things come back...either via a re-issue...or in the case of Yamato/Arcadia....new versions that are superior to anything that ever existed before.....if 30 years from now you are still craving for a Yamato or Arcadia version 2.0....it'll be solely based on nostalgia...because by then a vastly superior, self-transforming version 5+ will already be on the market....

Just ask anyone who ever wanted a Takatoku VF-1 that could not afford it back in the 80/90's and thought it'd never be re-issued.......ever.... ;)

Edited by jvmacross

Not gonna lie, I suffer from that same form of deductive reasoning when I make purchases. I remember wanting to own a truly accurate depiction of a Verite..err...Valkyrie when I was a kid so now that I'm able to readily find (or the most part afford) them I buy, buy, buy.

-b.

Dude, that's exactly what happened to me.... That's an uncanny description. Those Damn Verite......Valkyries.

Arcadia's marketing guys are brilliant....they can satisfy the bright white purists now....and the "off white" fanatics down the road....

Just like Bandai! :p

xxbdf830-img600x450-1384585427vakuej3575

lol my G1 jetfire has been left out exposed to natural room lighting for 28 or so years and is still mostly white...it'd look like tv yamato compard to that thing. theres go tto be other factors for that one or a bd batch of plastic. my 2002 reissue vf-1s super 1/55 from bandai is still pristine white as well.