Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Now having seen a image of the box I think it is ok but I find the boxes of Bandais more pleasing. I don't like the plain font of the text and the contrast between the black and the yellow is too strong. Something about the Bandai boxes just hits the right spot for me. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

Why is the choking hazard stuff all in English though?

it's a middle finger to HG letting them know we're selling these to international customers you tried to block B))

Box cover should have omitted the pic of the toy...then it would have been classy...but then again, is this the slip sleeve cover?....the box itself probably will be like the 30th VF-1J.....or maybe the line art minus the pic of the toy....that would be nice...overall I like it better than yamato's photoshop'd boxes...

Either way...keeping the pre-order due to this not being "off-white"...as it should be based on the animation and every color pic I have ever seen of it....never understood why Yamato went "off-white" for their DYRL VF-1's... ;)

looking at it again...the design is a combination of the 1/48 weathered VF-1S box and the built "no-paint" 1/60 VF-1S...2 of my favorite box designs...good work Arcadia....loose the toy pic for the Hikaru box!.....

Edited by jvmacross

At the end of the day i don't really care about the box art but I'm amused at how bad they are (or have been). I'm pretty sure i can whip up something better in Photoshop and I'm not even that great with Photoshop. It must cost a lot to have in show art on the box. Box art i thought was really good was for the Bandai Hi-Metal stuff.

That's kind of a strange pose. Could be better. But I'm buying it for the figure, not the box which will go into storage to never be seen.

Regardless, attention to detail matters, as does presentation. I hope they get better. I don't know why they can't just hire a good freelance designer to come up with something that really shines.

Edited by Benbot

post-16377-1288158584_thumb.jpg + ymt00181_0.jpg

= BZqZ4KNCIAAoJpV.jpg

Arcadia should have left out the toy and added the skull & crossbones in a yellow hue like they are using for the line art on this new box....then they could have just repeated for Hikaru, Max and Kakizaki....still better than the average Yamato box....

Hopefully they leave out the "toy" pic on the YF-19 box, but keep everything else as their new "standard box graphics"....we will all know what the toys look like by release time....no need for it to be plastered on the box....

Edited by jvmacross

That makes little sense unless you find all VF-1's to look plain because "the first" version actually has all of the same colors in the same places as DYRL plus extra.

It's more of a "balance" thing----having a very brightly colored chest, then everything else quite minimal---makes it look like they "forgot" to color the limbs.

Whereas in DYRL, it's all fairly evenly spread out.

At least, that's how I see it.

I understand people who say they don't look at the box, so they don't care... but I feel like if you're paying 150 bucks for something like this, they should be able to do some decent graphic design. I mean, if it were just a all gray box would you care? With all the art and information out there for Macross, you think they could come up with something better than this half-assed photo of the toy and nauseating panic yellow.

At the end of the day it makes it a much less attractive collectible.

Edited by Gakken85

Skullmilitia, clearly - you don't know many 'entry level' Photoshopists... I deal with a lot of them, and they'd struggle to do this sort of thing.

I'm sure the could also pay decent animators to do box art - more than decent, the best of the best animators! But then again animators, you know... Animate. So their design skills as well as Photoshop skills may be next to nil.

Hrm, really? I mean if that's a decent media art for product, then I've been down selling my PS abilities lol.

Either way, I would have done something better for free if it meant getting a decent box.

Even a local Artist could sketch a Valk that would do a better job than that.

It just looks cheap. It looks like 4 images, some font and Glow.

That's a 10 minute job in PS. Hell someone tell MrK to open up submissions!