Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

2 hours ago, Vermillion One said:

Is the premium version worth upgrading over the Yamato release? I know its old now, but I have never had any issues with it. 

Well, you have essentially the exact same toy, so are the new markings worth it to you? That's all it comes down to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, derex3592 said:

You know..... if Premium Versions from Arcadia looked like THIS out of the box ... I would gladly pay for them, because that way they could claim to produce the ultimate Valk to date... 

FB_IMG_1505080700899.jpg

FB_IMG_1505080695017.jpg

FB_IMG_1505080707674.jpg

FB_IMG_1505080713049.jpg

Was it pre painted? Because I thought hasegawa produce model kit that have to be painted by the users.

That's the Hasegawa 1/48 I think...  And no offence to the builder, it's a great job but it's also fairly minimalist, compared to what some folks even in our little community are capable of.  For example, there's no tonal variation in the paint, I can see some silvering in the decals, the panel lining is too dark (for my liking anyway) and there are places where the lining is not even very consistent.

...and I agree, it still looks WAY better than the fully done Premium Finish Arcadia, in my opinion. Just goes to show that "premium" is definitely a subjective term.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Wow mickyg is harsher than me! :blink:

I was just going to say black is a bit too dark for general panel lining on white surfaces, at least to me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I totally don't mean to sound harsh! My point was that by the standards of some of the amazing modellers here, and what they are capable of, imagine what would be possible on a "premium" of that standard. 

This is fine work, and shows the quality of the Hasegawa kit, with a bit of "minimal" effort, really is. 

Edited by mickyg

Ohh, I agree, it's not done to the level of a professional modeler and indeed even some of the super talented guys here, all I'm saying is, I would be willing to pay Arcardia's Premium Finish prices for their 1/60 Ver2 Valks IF they were detailed up to something along those lines. As it is now, I think the premium finish line is a total ripoff. 

22 hours ago, derex3592 said:

You know..... if Premium Versions from Arcadia looked like THIS out of the box ... I would gladly pay for them, because that way they could claim to produce the ultimate Valk to date... 

FB_IMG_1505080700899.jpg

This is one of the reason that got inspired me to start my version of Premium Finish on my 1/60 Valks. I really would love to see an Arcadia version of that one, I mean look at all those gorgeous details and decals. But I'm pretty sure at 1/60 scale that will look so busy. I really really wanted to do it like that, but we will see.

Thanks for sharing this, Derex! ^_^

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Are we still complaining about the PF Roy? That's come and gone already. 

It's time to look forward and complain about the upcoming PF Max & Miria! :lol:

Not me sir! Since I don't have one. I'm just making one though. Hahaha! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

I don't know what happened, but once I registered the item it went from 32400 jpy up to 40000 jpy. I proceeded anyway with SAL option, probably I can cancel the order if SAL is  not available ? That's my first time with Mandarake

Check down at the bottom for "other versions", you might have grabbed a different specific one.

• 1 month later...