Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

1 hour ago, yman1437 said:

Thanks for the advice...I'm a cheapo

No worries. I'm doing the same thing too. I'm saving as much by choosing the cheapest shipping option as possible until that lost package happened. So lesson learned for me. ^_^

I was so excited to get my copy a couple days back... Then the tracking showed that it could not be delivered as addressed. I call USPS immediately and get the rudest person ever and she was like nope we already sent it back, but I don't get how they could have done it so fast. I called to try to get them to hold it so I could pick it up but she would not check or anything. Damn I hate USPS...

4 minutes ago, Loop said:

I was so excited to get my copy a couple days back... Then the tracking showed that it could not be delivered as addressed. I call USPS immediately and get the rudest person ever and she was like nope we already sent it back, but I don't get how they could have done it so fast. I called to try to get them to hold it so I could pick it up but she would not check or anything. Damn I hate USPS...

sometimes you have to show up to the post office for them to actually do anything.   :(

I think it's possible for other post office to look it up for you too, and do any possible hold or rerouting. 

57 minutes ago, Loop said:

That happened to me once. Stupid USPS sent it to the wrong PO in my city, buy instead of forwarding it on to the correct PO, they went and returned it to sender. Goddamn morons.

I eventually did get the package... 4 months later. And having to pay the SAL shipping fee a second time.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

sometimes you have to show up to the post office for them to actually do anything.   :(

I think it's possible for other post office to look it up for you too, and do any possible hold or rerouting. 

Yes I know they can hold the packages, I have asked them to in the past but, this lady was relentlessly rude. She was the only one I could get. :(

Edited by Loop

9 hours ago, linitrofe said:

Today I received mine... What a waste of money :unsure:

Sell it. Don't compromise if buyer's remorse is punching you in the gut. Really, neither version is worth holding onto if you aren't having fun. It's better to offer it up in the for sale thread at cost, and get your money back. That'll be worth more in the long run than a couple quick up votes.

Edited by technoblue

40 minutes ago, linitrofe said:

I have both the regular and premium version. The premium markings are awesome! But if you don't have it in front of your nose you can not appreciate the details.

You have both? :o ;)

Seriously, though, I would choose the one that has more value to you and sell the other one to recoup those costs. And I hope I'm not coming off as rude. I definitely understand the criticism you have for the premium version. Those details should pop, but they don't in all settings. It's especially tough if you are the type of collector that doesn't mess with your Valkyries much. Me, if I like a Valkyrie, I'll have it out of the display case or off the shelf a lot. If I don't like a Valkyrie, it will stay in its box and get sold to someone who really wants it.

Anyway, I hope that you figure out a solution that works for you.

Rude? Not at all, specially coming from a fellow member. I think it's a good idea but really a hard one to take.

But obviously is not easy to have a Valkyrie on display that will only remind you that you are not happy with it :/

A hard one to take in deed.

On 7/21/2017 at 8:59 PM, linitrofe said:

Today I received mine... What a waste of money :unsure:

14 hours ago, linitrofe said:

I have both the regular and premium version. The premium markings are awesome! But if you don't have it in front of your nose you can not appreciate the details.

Indeed!

Especially with the higher markup on the Roy Premium.

However, I will not mind it a bit if Arcadia suddenly offers me the Roy Premium to exchange with my non-Premium Roy, free of charge and shipping and other stuff...

:bump:

32 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Strange marketing decision to make shittier boxes for the premium edition. While the premium is nice, I don't think I will get another - not at their premium price anyway.

Agreed.

Although I'd spring for a VF-1S Max.

-b.

On 7/29/2017 at 0:16 AM, Sandman said:

The thing is they should all come tapooed as a standard release like bandai's dxs and hi-metals.

That is an excellent point. I fail to see why a Hi-Metal R super pack has the kite or crossbones applied but Arcadia's don't. I think it would be easier at the larger scales verses the small scale figures. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, recon said:

Hi guys any views on the packaging and protection in rgds to hlj handling of your purchases? Reason i ask is cos im considering grabbing the premium finsh roy off hlj. Thanks

HLJ usually make sure that the actual item box fits exactly in the shipper box. If it is, they just put enough filler to fit it in. If the next shipper box is bigger, they will shrinkwrap the item with a board usually on the bottom. And then fill it with some plastic air bags.

Just an advise though, DO NOTE that for HLJ, the item box is just a 'box' for them. Upon receiving it, you get a dented box or have minor or major creases in the corners or flaps but the item inside is safe, no missing parts and not broken, don't expect them to replace the said item for some box wear and tear.

Edited by no3Ljm

18 minutes ago, recon said:

Hi guys any views on the packaging and protection in rgds to hlj handling of your purchases? Reason i ask is cos im considering grabbing the premium finsh roy off hlj. Thanks

Don't expect bubble wrap ,  due Roy's box size ,it might or might not be strinkwraped to extra cardboard to prevent movement.  If not strinkwrap they will toss some air bubble packs in there. 

This will also depends on the local handling of your shipping service , fedex or Ems.

For big orders , hlj normally use a thicker box for fedex.  

I've been pretty lucky from hlj. My stuff usually comes in good shape. But I'm also not a stickler for boxes.   I like HLJ because if you have any problems they'll take care of you. I've only had one problem which they were more than happy to work with me with but the actual manufacturer helped me out so I didn't need them. 

I usually have great luck with HLJ,HS and for the most part amiami. My Roy premium from Nippon Yassan came with dented corners because the shipping box was a little tighter than I think it should have been. Not to mention that it was stuck with USPS for like a month <_<. They gave me a hard time trying to get it redirected to my new house, they actually tried to redirect it to my old address causing a second alert status on the shipment. I lucked out and finally got a nice lady that decided to leave messages in the carriers van and left a note on the managers desk to make sure it got to me. By the time I got my package the shipping box itself had some dents in it. The toy box was actually in bubble wrap but the tight ass box din't help. 

Edited by Loop

2 minutes ago, Loop said:

I usually have great luck with HLJ,HS and for the most part amiami. My Roy premium from Nippon Yassan came with dented corners because the shipping box was a little tighter than I think it should have been. Not to mention that it was stuck with USPS for like a month <_<. They gave me a hard time trying to get it redirected to my new house, they actually tried to redirect it to my old address causing a second alert status on the shipment. I lucked out and finally got a nice lady that decided to leave messages in the carriers van and left a note on the managers desk to make sure it got to me. By the time I got my package the shipping box itself had some dents in it. The toy box was actually in bubble wrap but the tight ass box din't help. 

glad, it finally arrived.  B))

Woot! After five weeks, my premium Roy arrived today. No surprises here, the Valkyrie looks great, but the box took its share of hits and now has two visible dents (upper left and lower right corner). I'm not fussed over the box quality, but I am concerned about how the economy shipping options are getting more of a built-in delay lately. For that reason, I might stop using them altogether. I think it is definitely time for me to stop using them for higher priced imports. The savings isn't worth it when there is a greater chance of getting damaged goods. 

I received my premium Roy today from HLJ as well. Everything was packaged well and no dents. It was shipped via EMS. The black box for Roy was still shrink wrapped, placed into a thick-ish cardboard box (with HLJ branding) surrounded by mini air bags ... didn't take a pic unfortunately, suffice to say that there were no issues ( haven't had any in the past actually ).

That's one thing that I like about HLJ. Their shipping boxes are heavy duty. It might have more to do with the shipping option I used at NY, but the box was thin. It was similar in thickness to the boxes amazon.com uses for domestic shipments--not very sturdy. Oh well, at least the Valkyrie was okay.:rolleyes::p