Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Wait, did I miss this somewhere?

Yeah, sort of. From Mr. K's Twitter:

"Because separately license is not only far set. I'm sorry I ~."

So it seems Arcadia can't make separate Super parts, at least not yet.

people saying the vf-1 market is saturated? i think that is wrong or else arcadia's failry recent releases (just a couple years) wouldn't be going for well well over msrp. also as far as pricing? i think this has everything to do with labor costs in china. after all is said and done....material prices have gone up but not so much. the molds (if they are still the original ones from yamato) are paid for but may need minor maintenance (As all molds do). the biggest cost going forward (other than say licensing) is labor...which in the past 10 years until now is anything from 3X to 8X what it used to be in tier 1 and 2 factory towns. assuming 8X, they now make almost 1/3 of what what similar labor would cost in the US. this is for sure reflected in their pricing....granted how much of the cost of production is labor is anyone's guess but its clear its a way bigger part than it used to be.

anyway, bring on the preorders. i need some more fastpacks.

let's hope they do get the license for separate release someday because for once...i have enough roys in the classic colors. i hope if they can only release bundles that some rarer paint scheme vf-1 accompany these fastpacks. lol. i could use a 1/48 schemed low vis or stealth...or even teh 1/60 low viz...i could use anohter.

as far as a dx chogokin bandai vf-1 release. after seeing a clip from macross delta...i think its inevitble. we may see hi metal R versions first but i think it going to happen. whether or not it will have the classic more toyetic (imo cheaper looking) look for bandai's DX chogokin series or be more like the collector oriented yamatos and arcadias is yet to be seen. that being said...i'd probably get at least a couple if that happeend.

Ok. Now I'm confused. :wacko: Are those DYRL whites on the Packs' Missiles? Coz the previous photos shows same Arcadia whites on the Packs' missiles. If that it is, then this set is easy pass for me. Though I do need extra Packs. :rolleyes:

Must be Yamato Packs they had lying around.

Photoshop vs not photoshop... remember, they haven't actually made the product yet.

Must be Yamato Packs they had lying around.

I see. Thanks guys! Will just wait for the official new photos then. Hehehe. :lol:

Just great. Arcadia cant issue the strike/super packs due to licensing issues and im stuck with two naked VF-1Ss.

Please correct me if im wrong the license granted is for the entire line not specific valks or parts?

Edited by recon

I am very surprised there isn't third party companies for Macross. I collect third party transformers which I blame for me getting into the high end toy collecting game. But I still collect third party transformers because they fill in gaps my collection and do really great figures. Figures that Hasbro or Takara haven't done, or have done horribly. So when there is a good market for strike/super packs of various colors I am surprise someone hasn't cashed in.

Yeah, sort of. From Mr. K's Twitter:

"Because separately license is not only far set. I'm sorry I ~."

So it seems Arcadia can't make separate Super parts, at least not yet.

They could at least offer the option parts separately.

Those should not be covered under any Macross-IP license from BW since they were originally fan-made and acquired by Yamato themselves.

Just include them with the stands.

Just saw it on Ami.

No indication of any stand being included.

The promo pic is also quite pink...

attachicon.gifFIGURE-018953_02.jpg

Rather hefty 19540y preorder pricing at ami, too.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-018953

Don't care. I need a newer VF-1S than my old Toynami MPs and Jetfire. And I've always wanted a Strike. Instant pre-order for me.

Edit: On re-reading that sounded really rude and dismissive. It wasn't meant to be. It was meant more in the same vein as the Futurama image of the guy saying "TAKE MY MONEY!"

Edited by GabrielV

It's Roy. It's got that pink glow. But I can't say no to a VF-1 box set that includes Strike Parts, especially if I can avoid eBay prices to get it. Keep 'em coming Arcadia. :D

My Yamato DYRL Roy will probably become a parts Valkyrie if this turns out as solid as Arcadia's first Roy VF-1 release.

It's Roy. It's got that pink glow. But I can't say no to a VF-1 box set that includes Strike Parts, especially if I can avoid eBay prices to get it. Keep 'em coming Arcadia. :D

My Yamato DYRL Roy will probably become a parts Valkyrie if this turns out as solid as Arcadia's first Roy VF-1 release.

Is Arcadia's VF-1 really that much better than Yamato's?