Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

FYI the whole leg assembly can just slide off the hip block. I was messing with stand adapters and separated the leg. Looks like it is just friction fit and tabbed in. Not sure if this was already known.

FYI the whole leg assembly can just slide off the hip block. I was messing with stand adapters and separated the leg. Looks like it is just friction fit and tabbed in. Not sure if this was already known.

It's a feature! :) I learned about it when I had to replace some broken shoulders on a couple of my early V2 VF-1 purchases. Getting the legs out of the way came in handy when breaking things down to access the smaller hinged pieces.

The one thing that Yamato was consistently inconsistent about throughout their entire history was using enough glue. even under the Arcadia banner, they still have issues with little bits popping off because they're not glued down properly.

This. I've had a thruster fall off my tv Max, but my Arcadia VF-1S has had one of the bottom fins fall to pieces, and the blue 'light' in the leg fell out which was really annoying to glue back in place as the clear blue paint melts with the glue and goes everywhere.

Same here, the foot thruster fell off my Arcadia Roy VF-1S when transforming it last week. No problem, it slid right back into place (i'll glue it back at some point.) In Arcadia's defense, I was probably trying to open the foot one too many clicks, so I'm just glad it didn't break.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I finally decided open this fella up last night. Although I prefer the older Yamato DRYL versions mainly because of the painted red triangle on the cockpit I must say that the quality of this Arcadia piece is so much better. Everything feels tighter and more solid. How do you guys feel? Arcadia better quality?

I finally decided open this fella up last night. Although I prefer the older Yamato DRYL versions mainly because of the painted red triangle on the cockpit I must say that the quality of this Arcadia piece is so much better. Everything feels tighter and more solid. How do you guys feel? Arcadia better quality?

With the caveat of limited examples I feel as the Arcadia is overall better; my Hikaru has much tighter arms and joints compared to my two v2 Yamatos (not that they are loose or anything)

Me too. That's why I sold my Yamato V2 Hikaru's VF-1S/A. I don't mind the less tampo. But I somehow prefer Arcadia's subtle pink bright white color. And it's super tight. Well, except for the feet/nozzle. It's less glue I believe than Yamato's. ;)

I'd love to have a DYRL version of Max' VF-1S and Kakizakis VF-1A with Super-Strike parts. Otherwise I have to sell my Arcadia versions and buy the Yamato ones to have a consistent coloring. ^_^

This too. Since I only have a handful of VF-1's (prior of the Arcadia's VF-1 Hikaru) and the rest of my white valks whether Yamato or Bandai is not in-line with DYRL whites. With it besides the rest, they look dirty so that's the reason too why I sold the DYRL. ;)

I'd love to have a DYRL version of Max' VF-1S and Kakizakis VF-1A with Super-Strike parts. Otherwise I have to sell my Arcadia versions and buy the Yamato ones to have a consistent coloring. ^_^

That's essentially what I did. I like Yamato's DYRL VF-1's so much better than Arcadia's.

I can't comment on whether or not Arcadia had better build quality, although I wouldn't be surprised if they had tighter joints. I only opened them to take pictures in order to sell them, and IIRC to check the color re: the whole pink hue controversy.

-b.

Why do you think Arcadia made the colour change? Was a reason ever given? Cuz in the future there will be nothing to distinguish DYRL and TV valks! lol

Not a fan of the new Arcadia white though.... although I understand the pinkish tone is designed to prevent yellowing.

My fav white is still the Yamato TV white! :D

Why do you think Arcadia made the colour change? Was a reason ever given? Cuz in the future there will be nothing to distinguish DYRL and TV valks! lol

Not a fan of the new Arcadia white though.... although I understand the pinkish tone is designed to prevent yellowing.

No official reason ever given I believe. But one major factor is that it prevents yellowing. ;)

Just in case this will become a discussion of the white paint after this, let's jump to QEssential's The White of Yamato and Arcadia thread. ^_^

I thought you liked the Arcadia white the most...

I think Arcadia inherited a lot of the unassembled white Valkyrie kits from Yamato and they use those kits to release the two DYRL Valkyries so they had to pay only for assembly, packaging and paint.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i don't buy that it prevents yellowing theory. don't know who said that or if that was just a conjecture.

it's just to cut costs... arcadia going w/ one universal white.

the bright TV white from 2009 vs. 2010 and beyond is different bright white as well. the earlier TV white valks did not exhibit much pink if any. i got tv white hikaru's rainbow, i think starting w/ tv roy was the beginning of the pink hues. (not as bad as arcadia)

nothing compares to yamato DYRL off white. pretty soon that shade is going to be really hard to find if it's not already.

• 1 month later...

With the older Yamato bundled releases the Super/Strike Packs didn't have the character markings or stickers so the packs could be exchanged between Valkyries. I really hope that's the case here as well.

If Arcadia decides to make these Focker only by putting on the Skull sticker or other markings it'll be one the biggest trolls they've done since the metallic VF-19 Kai.

-b.

If Arcadia is serious about doing package sets, and doing more than Hikaru and Roy, I might consider buying this. The only downside is this nagging voice in the back of my head which keeps muttering, 'Why didn't you start the VF-1 reissues as package sets to begin with, Arcadia?" :rolleyes: The fact that we are here three years after they put their initial pre-orders for Roy's 1S with the stand is a little sad. I don't know the ins and outs, but I thought we would have seen more VF-1 reissues between Arcadia's main projects.

As it is, the whole landscape has changed now, and Bandai is more interested in making the older style SDF Macross toys too. I like Arcadia, so it would be nice if this doesn't turn into an instance of too little too late for them.

The plan (as it stands) is to get two copies, put the strike packs on my yamato DYRL Max and Roy. Modify the pilot on one and use spare hands to do a TV Roy then turn the other one into either a Mac the 1st VF-1J or Mac the Ride VF-1X++ using Kurisama's shapeways heads

When is the release date?

Any idea how much it gonna cost?

No specifics yet. As per Arcadia's initial tweet regarding this announcement. "Pre-order will begin towards the end of April. More details soon." More details probably pertaining on the release date and price.